Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tartanowl

Doncaster

Took a little bit of the shine off it for me, was hoping they'd score from the free-kick at the end to be honest. Hope they get themselves back into the Championship next year.

It was a dive but he had gone past the player, so there was no need for the defender to stick a foot out and give Mahrez the opportunity to dive.  It's part of the game now I'm afraid.

Was it? There was contact and he tripped him. He was looking for it but I'm not sure how it was a dive.

Was it? There was contact and he tripped him. He was looking for it but I'm not sure how it was a dive.

I saw a blurry replay of it and it looked a dive, if there was definite contact then he has the right to go down then.

Looked a penalty to me, feel very very sorry for Donny though.

Was horrible seeing them all willing their team forward after realising they needed an equaliser, reminiscent of us at Stoke a few years back.

I was in the Donny end and no one really complained when we were awarded the penalty.

As for the handball incident in the first half, I was on my best behaviour but even I shouted for it!!!!

The Donny fans around me were very impressed with the sea of blue before kick off, I feel a little disappointed for them, them staying uo would have only made a great day even better

Also agree with others about donnys defensive tactics. We had nothing major to play for today. They should have come at us all guns blazing and could have left with all three points and guaranteed their survival.

I can understand them being happy with a point. If they drew then Brum had to beat Bolton, which they wouldn't be expected to. Better that than go all out for the win, lose, and hope that Brum didn't snatch a point.

I was upset for them. I hate Millwall, Birmingham and dislike Blackpool so I would have loved to see one of those 3 go. Donny are fairly likeable in comparison.

It would have been great if we had won and they'd stayed up. Celebrating with them when Bolton scored was the only really interesting/fun part of the day. The match was dire and I don't think we were much better than them.

We can have a go at them for playing for a draw but that would have been enough, and look who they were playing. We're amazing, and they're shit. They're entitled to play cautiously.

I'm not sure about the pen. I've only seen it twice - live (and very low down at the opposite end of the ground) it looked a good decision, but it looked dodgy from a far away camera angle on Sky.

We were in a near identical situation 6 years ago so we know how they feel, and I do feel for them.

Hi! Doncaster supporter here, in peace. Couldn't create a new topic so I'll just post in this...

Congratulations on promotion and the championship!

Been browsing this board a little bit today, and you lot seem like a good bunch of fans. Gutting day for us today, but it's nice to see that plenty of you wanted us to stop up.

All the best for next season! I hope you do well in the PL.

(Fryatt 85),

I know he had only just signed but for fooks sake, Olly played Hayles and Howard and Harry Fooking Worley instead of Fryatt?

Idiot.

This is why I will always hate Holloway.

Biggest game for years that decides if we go down and he plays Harry Worley in CM!

A player who was a young CB and never had made an appearence for us, even at CB.

However, how things have changed. We'll be the next Southampton or Swansea (ignoring this year) in the prem. All trust in NP

Defender defiantly stuck his leg out, i really would have liked to see them go for it a bit more when they were 1 down, it didn't matter if they lost by more, needed to take more risks at the end to get the point.

If Kasper had taken the penalty and missed it, how much trouble would we be in from the FA? Cause no doubt that Brum would have complained.

They didn't play like a team with the threat of relegation hanging over them, they never pushed loads forward until near the end, basically went down with a whimper today. Tactically naive, and I still don't understand why they never tried to win a game that would of kept them up.

They tried to draw the game knowing it would probably keep them up (and indeed it would have done). God knows what they were playing at in the last 15 minutes though.

Defender defiantly stuck his leg out, i really would have liked to see them go for it a bit more when they were 1 down, it didn't matter if they lost by more, needed to take more risks at the end to get the point.

If Kasper had taken the penalty and missed it, how much trouble would we be in from the FA? Cause no doubt that Brum would have complained.

They would have had literally nothing to go on.

Archived