Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

GTF gets his extended..

Poor decision.

GTF can get away with the condition he's in (which is a disgrace btw given that he has access to a gym all week and professional nutritionists and fitness coaches) as a bit-part player in the Championship but I can't help feeling we need to be more ruthless in building a squad for The Premier League. Look at Andy Reid for example, one of the best players at this level but no-one any higher would have him because of the state he's in.

What's next?! Logan being maintained as a back-up keeper I suspect...

Pearson has said everyone will get a chance in the prem from this season. GTF is still a good player. He was Blackpools best player in the prem and he can hold the ball up and create chances. He's decent at finishing too. Happy  :schmike:

here here

Poor decision.

GTF can get away with the condition he's in (which is a disgrace btw given that he has access to a gym all week and professional nutritionists and fitness coaches) as a bit-part player in the Championship but I can't help feeling we need to be more ruthless in building a squad for The Premier League. Look at Andy Reid for example, one of the best players at this level but no-one any higher would have him because of the state he's in.

What's next?! Logan being maintained as a back-up keeper I suspect...

Logan needs to be gone. Once they register the squads that's it, not like in the championship where you could just go and loan someone.

Imagine if Kasper got injured and Logan had to play for a few weeks.

Logan needs to be gone. Once they register the squads that's it, not like in the championship where you could just go and loan someone.

Imagine if Kasper got injured and Logan had to play for a few weeks.

3.gif

I assume we didn't actually get a choice in this. It was in GTF's contract when he signed that if he played 20 times this season then there's a 1 season extension. GTF played 23 times last season so was entitled to another season on his contract. Completely in his hands at the end of the day.

he's a bit of a role model imo. plays footy but clearly doesn't train very hard every day. gets paid wedge and i hope eats like a king. 

g t f g t f g t fffff

Wow people on this board are exceptional.

The bloke has played from the bench and done very well for us. Scored a few, assisted a few in a short space of time and always looks a threat.

Are we really such in an image-centric culture that the way a bloke looks depicts how they should be viewed as a player? It is shameful.

I seem to remember a bloke that looked like he had juat come out of the pub scoring in madrid and doing okay in the premiership. Who cares what he looks like. How we are still questioning Nigel's decisions baffles me.

I seem to remember a bloke that looked like he had juat come out of the pub scoring in madrid and doing okay in the premiership. Who cares what he looks like. How we are still questioning Nigel's decisions baffles me.

Tbf if you were playing 5 a side and you saw him on the opposing team you'd fancy your chances

Wow people on this board are exceptional.

The bloke has played from the bench and done very well for us. Scored a few, assisted a few in a short space of time and always looks a threat.

Are we really such in an image-centric culture that the way a bloke looks depicts how they should be viewed as a player? It is shameful.

The digs at his appearance are light hearted, the feeling that he'll be out of his depth next season is not.

I think he's a decent player, but he's far too slow and cumbersome for the top division. You need to realise what league we're in next year and who we're going to come up against.

We need to be aiming for better players than we have, which will improve our standard of squad players as some of them will have been regularly playing this season (I'm thinking Schlupp, Konchesky, Wood, King, Dyer) and will push current squad players down the pecking order and potentially out the door (GTF, Hammond, Logan, Miquel?)

That's not being harsh, that's just what we have to be aiming for now.

TBF it does sound as if we had little choice in the matter, but I can't believe people expect him to play a big part.

Archived