Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Richard

"2 or 3 new signings" - NP

Jelavic

Long

Huddlestone

Davies

Livermore

They signed 5 very good premier league players. If we only signed 2 we would come straight back down no doubt.

Well they only signed 3 in the summer so if we do the same I'm sure we'll be fine.

It may well be his intention to only sign 3 players for the first team squad then add development squad players over the course of the season and maybe pick up a couple more first-team players in Jan

Well we definitely need a goalie, lb and striker so there's three for a start. Then I think that we have to sign a cm with premier league experience and of course the obligatory French wonderkid so in total five.

This.

LB, GK, ST and a big hard hitting CM how can attack as well. I'd like to see a Toure, Viera, Sissoko type player if we can find one.

How the hell can Curtis Davis NOT be "premier league quality" if he's first choice CB for a Premier League team?

Can you let me know a player who actually is "premier League quality"?

IMO he's championship quality player who is adapting to the prem, he's had a good season but who knows, he might be crap next season

And as has been mentioned. Jelavic and long were signed in the January transfer window

He should sign his daughter up.

Then she and James Pearson should have a competition on who will make their debut for the team first.

Loser receives a classic, fatherly Nigel headbutt. 

IMO he's championship quality player who is adapting to the prem, he's had a good season but who knows, he might be crap next season

And as has been mentioned. Jelavic and long were signed in the January transfer window

you're saying that playing successfully in the Premier League doesn't make Curtis Davis a "Premier League quality" player?

Hmmm.

I think you just mean he's not a top Prem player. He's not Vincent Kompany or Gary Cahill.

Curtis Davies is debatable

Then there is palace, I think most people agree that they're a team that is mainly full of championship standard players

Curtis Davies isn't remotely debatable, he's been rock solid for them.

Curtis Davies is debatable

Then there is palace, I think most people agree that they're a team that is mainly full of championship standard players

Davies has been one of the best centre backs in the league this season. Won their player of the year award and players player award too.

Not bad for debatable.

Totally agree with Nigel.

We win the league (easily) with 102 points and yet people still don't think we've got a good enough squad for next year...

We've got a lot of young players with heaps of potential; simply playing more games together will make us a stronger team.

I would much rather sign 2/3 very good players rather then fill our squad with 7/8 'big names'. There are so many average Premier League players who I would not want anywhere near our squad. The Premier League has about 7 consistently good teams. The rest are really not that much better than us.

We win the league (easily) with 102 points and yet people still don't think we've got a good enough squad for next year...

We've got a lot of young players with heaps of potential; simply playing more games together will make us a stronger team.

I would much rather sign 2/3 very good players rather then fill our squad with 7/8 'big names'. There are so many average Premier League players who I would not want anywhere near our squad. The Premier League has about 7 consistently good teams. The rest our really not that much better than us.

Completely agree but I'd imagine we'll sign 4-5 players. 2-3 players that will fit in to the first two and a few others with decent ability as squad players, I'd imagine we'd need a bigger squad and a bit more quality on the bench for the prem.

Completely agree but I'd imagine we'll sign 4-5 players. 2-3 players that will fit in to the first two and a few others with decent ability as squad players, I'd imagine we'd need a bigger squad and a bit more quality on the bench for the prem.

Of course, I think it's only right to take what NP says with a pinch of salt. With 2-3, I'd imagine he's already got specific players in mind, if other players become available at a relatively cheap price then he might take a chance.

He better sign them quick. Not sure whats taking so long. We're gonna run out of time if we're not careful.

💩

Help, we only have close to three months to sign up to six new players!! We're clearly running out of time. :D

Hull signing 3 players is imply not true. 

Last season they signed:

George Boyd, Steve Harper, Danny Graham (loan), Maynor Figueroa, Gedo, Livermore, Allan McGregor, Yannick Sagbo, Elmohamady (ok he was already on loan), Curtis Davies, Huddlestone, Jelavic and Long.

I would much rather sign 2/3 very good players rather then fill our squad with 7/8 'big names'. There are so many average Premier League players who I would not want anywhere near our squad. The Premier League has about 7 consistently good teams. The rest our really not that much better than us.

I completely agree with this apart from the last sentence where I think you meant to say are instead of our.

Hull signing 3 players is imply not true. 

Last season they signed:

George Boyd, Steve Harper, Danny Graham (loan), Maynor Figueroa, Gedo, Livermore, Allan McGregor, Yannick Sagbo, Elmohamady (ok he was already on loan), Curtis Davies, Huddlestone, Jelavic and Long.

Don't really think what Hull did is relevant to us. Very different situations. Players like Schmical, De Laet, James, Drinkwater, Morgan, Nugent, Wood, Knockaert, Mahrez etc were purchased with a Premier League future in mind. None of those players signed a contract in order to spend their career in the Chumpionship. So there's no need to rebuild from scratch.

Hull got promoted with a squad of mainly bog standard Championship players so they needed a lot of new faces to get them up to scratch.

The one thing we definately need is a striker, the hardest to get as every team needs one who can regularly strike. The critisism you could make about last season was how many chances we actually missed, that luxury of knowing another chance will come along shortly wont happen in the Premiership. Id take a new left back and probably another midfielder as i reckon it will be James, Drinkwater and one other starting next season and a central defender who has a bit of pace as we lack that in wes and was.

Simples!

Archived