Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Do you have to pay this retainer if you've been watching Burnley for lets say, 10 years?

I assume it's for new applicants, but I can't be arsed to used my many pound notes Internet usage in order to find out.

United are going to do some serious over-spending this summer. They are under huge pressure. Southampton are going to get over £50 million for Shaw and Lallana. Frightening how much the production line of talent has gone from from them in the past 8 years or so.

Cos we have them

Do you have to pay this retainer if you've been watching Burnley for lets say, 10 years?

I assume it's for new applicants, but I can't be arsed to used my many pound notes Internet usage in order to find out.

Yes it's for new applicants they want to encourage loyalty

"We had 5,030 fans who bought season tickets when we were in the Premier League who we haven't seen since. They turned up for one year.

"The idea that came back to us was that we should try and do a two-year season ticket deal. We looked at ways of trying to implement that but it became really complicated because of people changing age categories in the second year.

"We said we'll look around at what other teams are charging in the Premier League and charge that price, but then if someone renews, we'll knock £100 off the price of the renewed season ticket. We thought that wasn't a bad idea.

"What we're saying is stick with us and we'll knock £100 off the following year."

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but this is an interesting breakdown of Season Ticket Prices for the Prem last year.

£41 per goal for the average Norwich Fan lol

Not sure why its squashed the pic. Link is here http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=3144/title=the+real+cost+of+being+a+premier+league+season+ticket+holder

21630_infographicfootballpremierleague13

£985 cheapest season ticket at Arsenal and £710 at Liverpool?! Surely not Jesus Christ!

Yes it's for new applicants they want to encourage loyalty

"We had 5,030 fans who bought season tickets when we were in the Premier League who we haven't seen since. They turned up for one year.

"The idea that came back to us was that we should try and do a two-year season ticket deal. We looked at ways of trying to implement that but it became really complicated because of people changing age categories in the second year.

"We said we'll look around at what other teams are charging in the Premier League and charge that price, but then if someone renews, we'll knock £100 off the price of the renewed season ticket. We thought that wasn't a bad idea.

"What we're saying is stick with us and we'll knock £100 off the following year."

It's a stupid strategy. They're trying to tackle the glory hunter culture whilst contributing to it by making their own tickets stupidly priced.

I hope they get shite crowds because it's what they deserve.

I don't know how Arsenal can consistently charge £1,000 or more for a team that only challenges for the top four.

Because people pay it.

Greedy club who get away with it due to their size.

I'd rather peer down on our rivals with laughter then have an east midlands derby in the Premier League. Anyone who wants Derby to win aren't proper Leicester fans and should be ashamed of themselves. I hope Derby, Forest and Coventry all go into administration and get relegated over and over again.

I'd rather peer down on our rivals with laughter then have an east midlands derby in the Premier League. Anyone who wants Derby to win aren't proper Leicester fans and should be ashamed of themselves. I hope Derby, Forest and Coventry all go into administration and get relegated over and over again.

lol lol lol aren't a proper fan.

Anyone who knows a little bit about football will know why people would rather Derby go up than QPR.

I disagree, please replace relegated with liquidated.

Thanks

Anybody who wants a team(s) to go into administration isn't a proper football fan.

Bollox

Why is it? Why would any fan want a team to go into administration? I just don't get it.

There are teams I don't like but as long as they are below us I'm happy. I wouldn't ever want to see them fold.

Why is it? Why would any fan want a team to go into administration? I just don't get it.

There are teams I don't like but as long as they are below us I'm happy. I wouldn't ever want to see them fold.

I'd make an exception for Chelsea.

Anybody who wants a team(s) to go into administration isn't a proper football fan.

As a passionate Leicester fan I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't crack a smile upon finding out Forest/Derby/Coventry went into administration, Portsmouth did and they're still floating about in League Two, I'd enjoy seeing all of them struggling to stay out of the conference and they would say the same about us.

lol lol lol aren't a proper fan.

Anyone who knows a little bit about football will know why people would rather Derby go up than QPR.

No question that Derby will be the peoples choice to win this one but the only people who shouldn't want Derby to win are Forest and Leicester fans, the rest of the country will be behind them. This is like a Man Utd fan saying they want Liverpool to beat Tottenham and get in the Champions League, nonsense.

Oh god, I've just seen someone who openly wants clubs to suffer administration have the cheek to brand people who disagree with them 'not proper fans'.

****ing hell. Do people think anyone would be backing Derby if the final was against Wigan? QPR are quite clearly a rare case and a bit of a one-off. I hope.

As a passionate Leicester fan I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't crack a smile upon finding out Forest/Derby/Coventry went into administration, Portsmouth did and they're still floating about in League Two, I'd enjoy seeing all of them struggling to stay out of the conference and they would say the same about us.

Why would you want them to go into administration and struggle? Coventry are shit and struggling now but I miss playing them. Maybe it's because I'm from that side of Leicestershire and that was the big one. It was amusing to laugh at them for a bit but their situation is ridiculous now and I wouldn't wish that on any club or set of fans, people have a go at owners like Tan but English owners are just as guilty for ripping the soul out of a club.

If you want to see your rivals struggle and never play them, then you're a fool. It makes some games mean that extra little bit and are ones to look forward to, no matter how each club is doing in that season. I got much more satisfaction out of beating Cov on the day than I ever will seeing them in the state they are.

And whom would we all be laughing at instead if they were no more? Birmingham? Good lord.

A promotion for Derby would be a victory for football over money. At least Derby have a Youth Academy and have a sustainable business model, with QPR it's usually picking millionaire newbies from the U90 or the U100.

Plus, it would be nice to have to Midlands club in the Premier League for the derby - I'm not ashamed to admit that, imagine.

I have no hard feelings towards Derby and don't see us as the sole godly representative of the East Midlands to "grace" the Premier League.

I don't see why anyone would want another professional club to go into administration. Rivalry for me is one of the best parts of football. Why would your want your 'enemy' to cease to exist? 

As for the play off final I hope Derby win. Can not stand 'Arry' and his player collecting antics. A true victory for football would be if Derby went up playing good football with some academy lads vs the billy big bollocks QPR squad. Everytime I've seen QPR this season they've dished out some terrible football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10843428/Sam-Allardyce-to-stay-on-as-West-Ham-United-manager.html

Sam Allardici will bring his West Hamalona side to the KP next season after being told his future is safe.

Thankfully, as all pundits are saying, West Ham playing entertaining football will mean certain relegation so that is one less team to worry about.

Archived