Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Those Burnley prices are absolutely astonishing.

Don't see the funny side either. A few bitter Burnley fans isn't a bigger issue than utter greed.

They will genuinely struggle to fill that place next year and that's farcical really.

Makes Leicester look better though which I'm glad about.

Anyway - remind me who Burnley's chief executive is, all of a sudden those prices become less of a surprise.

Burnley did have a price freeze on Early Bird prices. I read somewhere that the last day of their availability was a point at which Burnley were 10 points clear of 2nd with 7 games to go.

Still doesn't make those new applicant later prices any less ridiculous though.

'no side has ever gone down after winning promotion with 100+ points'

Didn't know this :o

Newcastle United 2009-2010 season got 102 points same as ourselves and finished 12th in the prem the following season

Reading 2005-2006 106 points the following season in the prem finished 8th!

Fulham 2001-2002 101 Points in the championship finished 13th in the prem the following season.

It bodes well for us to have a good season in the prem.

Burnley sold 12,500 tickets at Championship prices for those willing to take a chance on which division we'd be in.  The new prices are for people who waited to be sure of Premier football.

Still for a club where the average age of your fans is quite high it would of made more sense to make the season tickets more affordable to try and draw in new fans. Also i read that the average wage earned around Burnley isnt very high so what chance does the average person have of affording a ticket and possibly becoming a claret fan.

The board have shot themselves in the foot. It was the perfect opportunity to try and create a bigger following as in the years to come the average attendance at burnley is only going to go one way

Still for a club where the average age of your fans is quite high it would of made more sense to make the season tickets more affordable to try and draw in new fans. Also i read that the average wage earned around Burnley isnt very high so what chance does the average person have of affording a ticket and possibly becoming a claret fan.

The board have shot themselves in the foot. It was the perfect opportunity to try and create a bigger following as in the years to come the average attendance at burnley is only going to go one way

Five years ago we lost over 5,000 season ticket holders when we were relegated from the Premier.  This year, for new supporters who are only joining for the Premier League season (because there has to be a chance that we'll be relegated again), there's a £100 deposit included for next year in the hope of retaining more people.  Maybe it'll work, maybe not, but that's what they're trying to do.

We know giving cheap tickets doesn't get new long-term supporters.  They tried that last time and it didn't work.

Burnley did have a price freeze on Early Bird prices. I read somewhere that the last day of their availability was a point at which Burnley were 10 points clear of 2nd with 7 games to go.

Still doesn't make those new applicant later prices any less ridiculous though.

10 pts clear of 3rd you mean.  :thumbup:

So Burnley's cheapest ticket, at £299 for the early bird price (with free tickets for under 10's), would be the cheapest in the league based on last year's prices.

Cheapest tickets in the league, cheapest owners in the league, cheapest manager in the league, cheapest players in the league. I reckon it will cost 299 to see your team win a home match overall next season based on those figures. You are destined for relegation my friend, enjoy it whilst you can (or until Dyche leaves for a bigger club in October/November time)

I actually think Burnley have a point with their season ticket strategy. I think it's a bit too risky, I don't think it will work, but you can see why they've done it.

Those prices could easily be avoided if you were willing to take the plunge on a season ticket early enough. Let's face it, they aren't wrong about fans buying tickets to see the big boys, then deserting the club when they get relegated.

Cheapest tickets in the league, cheapest owners in the league, cheapest manager in the league, cheapest players in the league. I reckon it will cost 299 to see your team win a home match overall next season based on those figures. You are destined for relegation my friend, enjoy it whilst you can (or until Dyche leaves for a bigger club in October/November time)

You've missed off smallest crowds in the league .

Archived