Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

The only concern about this is, can you honestly see Lambert starting ahead of both Sturridge and Suarez?. Would be bad news for Woy and England as he might not get much game time at Liverpool. Then again Rodgers seems to get the best out of the English there so it can work both ways.

Actually just found out Lambert as been at Liverpool before.

Lambert going to Liverpool would be bizarre, I doesn't quite make sense really he does really fit in liverpool style of play. He's a cracking player without a doubt, but there's no way he should be at a top four club. 

Maybe that's entirely the point. Liverpool were shown up to be a bit one-dimensional towards the end of last season and they were crying out for something a bit different in a few games.

They could probably do better than Lambert but he's a fairly safe, low-risk purchase at £4m, still an England international and would probably be more content to come off the bench than higher profile players.

It could also be used to manipulate the 25% sell on clause that Bournemouth have on Lallana in some way?

bristol rovers have a massive sell on clause for lambert too, so either way if liverpool pay anything decent for either of them saints will lose a chunk of it. 

in other news rickie lambert in the champions league hahahah 

Interesting move. Great one for Lambert and for £4m a decent deal for Liverpool where he can offer something different. He hardly relies on pace so he could do a job for at least 3 years I think.

I think he'll last two years at Liverpool, then move down to a lower table Prem team or Championship (depending on how he's performing) for one last year before retiring.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/may/gomez-agrees-move?

Gomez-sign-1.jpg?mw=655 Gomez agrees move

Published: 29 May, 2014

by Stuart Vose

Spanish midfielder to join on three-year deal.

Sunderland AFC has confirmed that Spanish midfielder Jordi Gomez has agreed a three-year deal at the Stadium of Light and will become a Sunderland player from July 1.

The 29-year-old began his career in his native Spain, rising through the youth ranks at FC Barcelona before moving across the Catalonian city to RCD Espanyol in 2007, where he spent two years.

A successful loan spell with Swansea City in 2008 led to a permanent switch to then-Barclays Premier League side Wigan Athletic in 2009, with manager Roberto Martinez signing him for a second time in successive seasons.

During his time at the DW Stadium, Gomez helped the Latics lift the FA Cup in 2013 and scored 11 goals in his last campaign with the club, which culminated in the midfielder winning the Player of the Year award.

Gomez is the club's second new face in as many days after full-back Billy Jones agreed a deal on Wearside having spent the last three seasons with West Bromwich Albion.

I'd have liked him...

Rickie Lambert is having the time of his life. 

World Cup this summer and then going to play for his boyhood club in the Champions League. I was skeptical when I first heard about the news but the more I have thought about it the more I am happy about it. Like people have said, when plan A wasn't working for us this season, we had no plan B. Lambert can be a plan B, Lambert can start games away to the likes of the West Brom when we've been away in the Champions League. 

£4 million isn't daft money, even if we have Lambert for two seasons then that is good enough for me. Now let's get Lallana sorted and move on from Southampton. lol 

Medical will be Saturday, apparently. 

I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to us if we can become a stable Premiership side. Southampton has been ransacked. I wouldn't go anywhere near Michael Laudrup if I was them, he made a mess of things at Swansea.

He's 32, I can't see it being an issue for England as I doubt he'll be in contention in a couple of years. 

I doubt he will care to be honest, he will have played in a World Cup and no offence to Rickie Lambert but for Euro 2016, England should be looking for a younger option to be going to France than a 34 year old. 

In all seriousness, this thread needs pinning if it is to stay in this part of the forum. 

Poor jay Rodrigues tho, had a sick year with lambert an Lallana then gets injured, they both go the world cup, both probably gonna sign for Liverpool then he's gonna come back in like 6 months an Southampton are gonna be shite

Poor jay Rodrigues tho, had a sick year with lambert an Lallana then gets injured, they both go the world cup, both probably gonna sign for Liverpool then he's gonna come back in like 6 months an Southampton are gonna be shite

lol

He'll be the star of the side though and if he impresses then he'll get his move

Wenger has signed a three year deal at Arsenal. Bad move for them in my opinion, they don't look to be progressing under him at all, one FA cup doesn't cover that up, and whilst I think they will regress for a year or two if he were to leave them I believe it would be better for them in the long run.

Every single year I look at Arsenal and think they've got a great set up to challenge for the title. Every year they end up coming 4th and being content with European qualification, though they finally got a trophy this year.

Better luck with injuries and another forward of quality (their second choice in Sanogo is literally no better than ours) and they could win the league IMO. What a blow for them that they never signed Higuain. He'd have been absolutely perfect.

Rickie Lambert is having the time of his life. 

World Cup this summer and then going to play for his boyhood club in the Champions League. I was skeptical when I first heard about the news but the more I have thought about it the more I am happy about it. Like people have said, when plan A wasn't working for us this season, we had no plan B. Lambert can be a plan B, Lambert can start games away to the likes of the West Brom when we've been away in the Champions League. 

£4 million isn't daft money, even if we have Lambert for two seasons then that is good enough for me. Now let's get Lallana sorted and move on from Southampton. lol 

Medical will be Saturday, apparently.

Sky have just shown him arriving at your training ground.

Like you say, it's a dream come true and I'm chuffed for the lad, seems a really top bloke.

QPR are about to sign Joleon Lescott. Will they ever learn?

He might keep them up, I bet he has a great season.

Southampton are probably going to go back to relegation battles. I feel sorry for them, I rooted for them in most games.

Archived