Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

He has resigned, then got appointed. 

But I'm never sure on how compensation works in these circumstances. Do Spurs pay none because he has resigned?

(BBC claim he has resigned, so I'm going with them here).

Wally with a Brolly is one of the rumoured targets for Southampton sheepshaggers will be in turmoil. :thumbup:

Doubt that will happen.

Awful news for Southampton.

So bets are on:

Pochettino to be fired by October anyone? 

It's a five year contract as well!

I feel for Southampton fans. It was good to see a different, decent, young side do well in the Premier League last season. But now, the manager has left and there's constant rumours of their better players being targets for bigger clubs. A team that promised so much could see the different end of the table next season, perhaps?

Wally with a Brolly is one of the rumoured targets for Southampton sheepshaggers will be in turmoil. :thumbup:

If Derby have learned anything from us, it's that they need consistency in adversity.  Doubt they'll just let him go.

So apart from being foreign and with a fashionable sounding name and accent, what has Pochettino actually done to warrant taking the Spurs job?  He took a team that was mid-table with young players brought up by Adkins and then proceeded to lead them to mid-table...

So apart from being foreign and with a fashionable sounding name and accent, what has Pochettino actually done to warrant taking the Spurs job?  He took a team that was mid-table with young players brought up by Adkins and then proceeded to lead them to mid-table...

That's slightly simplifying things. He took over with them in 15th, finished 14th having beaten Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and they finished 8th this year with a record points tally for the club in the Premier League era.

Maybe he's not good enough for Tottenham but he did a fine job in his time at Southampton.

That's slightly simplifying things. He took over with them in 15th, finished 14th having beaten Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and they finished 8th this year with a record points tally for the club in the Premier League era.

Maybe he's not good enough for Tottenham but he did a fine job in his time at Southampton.

In my opinion he did an OK job with an outstanding crop of young talent that Adkins had been nurturing, (Pochettino hasn't exactly bought well either has he really?).  Not meaning to sound paranoid but if Adkins had stayed on and had the exact same finish, would he have been appointed by Spurs? Probably not is my guess.

Doubt that will happen.

It's a five year contract as well!

I feel for Southampton fans. It was good to see a different, decent, young side do well in the Premier League last season. But now, the manager has left and there's constant rumours of their better players being targets for bigger clubs. A team that promised so much could see the different end of the table next season, perhaps?

I wonder if he still won't be able to speak English in 5 years time

Ricky Lambert to Liverpool for £9 million. Strange one for that price.

For a 32 year old who scored 13 last season? Wow. As much as I admire the lad for working his way up the league he's worth £4 million at best. A few pound notes too many methinks.

Archived