Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Yeah because if 2 teams were kicked out, then Uefa would automatically hand the spots to English teams! :rolleyes:

Spain and England gain an extra place because they're in the top 2 UEFA rankings, mind you it is just a rumour.

Redknapp said he's learned from mistakes of last time, but then I see QPR are linked with Cole and Lampard. Regardless of whether these rumours are true or not, you think QPR wouldn't go through all this again. Exactly why I wanted Derby to go up.

Spain and England gain an extra place because they're in the top 2 UEFA rankings, mind you it is just a rumour.

Seems not now....

The Liverpool Echo's Greg O'Keefe has spoken to UEFA and says they have no plans to sanction Ukrainian clubs and/or offer extra places to England.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2014/5/26/5751690/everton-champions-league-man-utd-europa-league-uefa-ukraine-ban

That could be the start of a Southampton decline.

He didn't stay very long did he?

Yeah would be interesting to see where Southampton go on from here was Pochettino just papering over the cracks or was he just fortunate land himself a good team built by Nigel Adkins . Another thing that might drive Pochettino away is, he probably knows this summer he'll be struggling keep the top players, plus he may have the money to take them with him to Spurs.

If Pochettino leaves Southampton they'll be struggling against relegation in my opinion.

Shaw and Lallana are almost certainly going to leave, Rodriguez is out till around October time.

Lovren, Lambert, Schneiderlin, Boruc etc they have enough to be in the midtable even if they loose a couple of players.

It really is sad how one year of over-achievement is probably going to leave them worse than they'd have been if they'd finished 13th.

Yep looks that way unfortunately.

We could be looking at something similar in a year or 2, depending on how well Drinkwater, James and Moore do.

This is also why the idea of us getting 5th at any point is a bit silly IMO. There's a glass ceiling in the PL that certain clubs cannot go beyond.

Because any time those clubs get decent players, their heads are turned by ££££ and the idea of playing for those clubs above the glass ceiling.

Sending clubs like Southampton, back to square one. Just the nature of the beast that is the Premier League unfortunately.

Because any time those clubs get decent players, their heads are turned by ££££ and the idea of playing for those clubs above the glass ceiling.

Sending clubs like Southampton, back to square one. Just the nature of the beast that is the Premier League unfortunately.

I'd argue that Southampton are their own downfall here though. Cortese has said himself that if he were still there, you wouldn't be reading of a single bid for any of the players linked.

They've also got an obsession with balancing the books aswell, so unless you're willing to risk the financial stability of the club like City, I agree, you won't ever break the glass ceiling.

But, it can be done if you're willing and have strong resolve.

I'd argue that Southampton are their own downfall here though. Cortese has said himself that if he were still there, you wouldn't be reading of a single bid for any of the players linked.

They've also got an obsession with balancing the books aswell, so unless you're willing to risk the financial stability of the club like City, I agree, you won't ever break the glass ceiling.

But, it can be done if you're willing and have strong resolve.

Aston Villa were willing and did try to break into the top 4/5 and look at the mess it has left them in now.

It's hard for clubs like Spurs who spent £100 million and only finished 6th. If we were to try and break into the top 5 we'd need investment of something similar to what Man City have had.

Yep looks that way unfortunately.

We could be looking at something similar in a year or 2, depending on how well Drinkwater, James and Moore do.

Yep.

It's terrible really. It'll happen to Atletico too. They'll be picked apart by the usual vultures and they'll go back to being third. Convinced of it.

The only way to sustain it is with stupid money. The sport's ****ed.

This is also why the idea of us getting 5th at any point is a bit silly IMO. There's a glass ceiling in the PL that certain clubs cannot go beyond.

Like Man City?

I agree it's silly to suggest it until we're taken over by seriously filthy rich owners, but it's not impossible for any club to crack the top five.

I would absolutely wet myself if they lined up as this:

Green

Simpson

Ferdinand

Onoua

Cole

Barry

Lampard

SWP

Joe Cole

Phillips

Zamora

They could potentially do quite well though.

Is that the QPR team or the 2002 world cup squad?

Tom Ince going to Inter Milan by the looks of it. As it's abroad, they only have to pay Blackpool a maximum of £155,000 in compensation. Paul's proper shafted Blackpool now lol

The only people he's shafted are the Oystons, which I'm sure most Blackpool fans are happy about.

Archived