Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Matty Fryatt

I don't think we'll sign him because, as many have already said, we already have a lot of strikers of a similar ability. We're all entitled to opinions but it seems now we've 'hit the big time' we can just go back and criticise everyone who's played for us in the previous seasons. We see it now with Fryatt, Gallagher, even with current players such as Hammond and GTF.

When we won league 1, Matty Fryatt scored 27 goals. He finished in joint third with Jermaine Beckford. For all you who are going to say "But it's only league 1", you may want to look at who the top goalscorer was that year. It was a 27yr old target man who played for an average Bristol Rovers side. Doesn't sound too exciting does it? Rickie Lambert, now 32, is only days away from signing for Liverpool. In football anything is possible.

We shouldn't dismiss what Fryatt did for the club. Yeah, so maybe he won't be the most ideal choice now, I don't see how we can justify calling him 'dross', etc...

A whole lot more to his game than fryup ever had.

And no I don't slag old players off but I do feel he is no way a prem striker and we can do better.

What would he really give us.

Vardy is quicker and a better work rate.

Nugent is just better quality all round than fryatt.

We need a target man more than someone we have two better options already at the club.

We need to bring in better quality strikers not lesser IMO.

I love Fryatt, would love to see him back but the only problem is he only plays to his best when playing week in week out IMO, he's a confidence player. Not what we need now. But if anyone knows how to get best out of him it's Nigel.

Guest ttfn

He's one of my favourite City players of the last 10 years so I'd be delighted to see him back, but I take the point that he is certainly not an upgrade on Nugent or Vardy.

The squad is already quite "well-filled" - we don't have to fill up the 25 man squad just for the sake of it - let's not forget that we got through an entire Championship campaign (46 games as opposed to 38) with fewer than 25 players, at least 2 of whom would have qualified as under 21 in the season just gone anyway.

At the end of the day we can only use 14 on a matchday and we need to focus on bringing in quality players who will improve the first XI rather than players who will provide "competition for places".

Have people forgotten the 30 goals by Christmas in League One and the clinical finishing of our first season back in the Championship?  At that time people were talking about a £5 million player and England call ups.

I'm not saying these are reasons to re-sign him, but surely he deserves more respect than he is getting?

I personally wish he had stayed.  I supported Beckford at the time, but was he really any better than Fryatt?

Guest ttfn

Have people forgotten the 30 goals by Christmas in League One and the clinical finishing of our first season back in the Championship? At that time people were talking about a £5 million player and England call ups.

I'm not saying these are reasons to re-sign him, but surely he deserves more respect than he is getting?

I personally wish he had stayed. I supported Beckford at the time, but was he really any better than Fryatt?

Fryatt was twice the player Beckford was for us.

Also, I think you mean 20 (not 30) goals by Christmas!!

Have people forgotten the 30 goals by Christmas in League One and the clinical finishing of our first season back in the Championship?  At that time people were talking about a £5 million player and England call ups.

I personally wish he had stayed.  I supported Beckford at the time, but was he really any better than Fryatt?

Yeah right from Div 1 to England.

Shows how deluded some of our fans are.

Yes great for us in div 1 ok in the championship.

But 3 years on in the prem no chance.

Not a target man and offers nothing more than we have infact less.

Archived