Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Matty Fryatt

The word 'aspire' combined with the phrase 'staying up' makes no sense. To just stay up is not aspiration, to finish in the top half of the Premiership is aspiration.

To stay up is first base, minimum requirement, not aspiration. I agree with 'Happy Fox'.

Edit:- Whoops, maybe I don't agree with 'Happy Fox' now, he seems to have changed his mind!

Aspiration - a strong desire, longing, or aim.

Our desire or aim for next season is to stay up, our longer term aspirations are something else entirely. As the owners have already stated.

The word 'aspire' combined with the phrase 'staying up' makes no sense. To just stay up is not aspiration, to finish in the top half of the Premiership is aspiration.

To stay up is first base, minimum requirement, not aspiration. I agree with 'Happy Fox'.

Edit:- Whoops, maybe I don't agree with 'Happy Fox' now, he seems to have changed his mind!

....what? So you don't understand what aspire means?

Scratching the barrel mate, cup goals makes him stand out but in a league a paltry 2 goals.... Not good enough for us.

Honestly. Why can’t people just give their opinion without insulting or belittling a decent former player?

Fryatt isn’t ‘dross’, and we’re not ‘scratching the barrel’. (btw I think you mean scraping the barrel. ‘Scratching the barrel’ sounds like something you do whilst you’re  â€˜dogging’ mate.)

He was a very good player for us previously, and has given good service to a decent Premier team as a squad player. But we already have decent squad players as back up to Nugent/Vardy and maybe Ulloa/Campbell. So I doubt we would be interested in him.

Fryatt is league 1 quality. He's shown himself to be decent at that level, no more. Bit like Beckford really.

16 in 2011/2012

11 in 2010/2011

12 in 2009/2010

Says that he is a Championship striker, absolutely nothing like Beckford who has never scored more than 9 goals above league one in his career (yep I managed to use that stat again).

Whether he is anything more than a 4th choice striker in the prem is debatable, but he's most certainly a Championship striker.

Fryatt is league 1 quality. He's shown himself to be decent at that level, no more. Bit like Beckford really.

He's a good championship player, he's quite clearly better than league 1 standard.

I'm more interested to know whether Fryatt has ever "scratched the barrel" and if so with whom and where.  On a dogging side note I once had the misfortune to be given a detailed description of the London dogging scene by a taxi driver who was overly keen to tell me all about it.  Awkward!

It seems that every season/ pre-season we are linked with someone at Hull or they want one of our lot. I don't dislike Fryatt one bit but I don't see the point in bringing him back. Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't think we'll sign him because, as many have already said, we already have a lot of strikers of a similar ability. We're all entitled to opinions but it seems now we've 'hit the big time' we can just go back and criticise everyone who's played for us in the previous seasons. We see it now with Fryatt, Gallagher, even with current players such as Hammond and GTF.

When we won league 1, Matty Fryatt scored 27 goals. He finished in joint third with Jermaine Beckford. For all you who are going to say "But it's only league 1", you may want to look at who the top goalscorer was that year. It was a 27yr old target man who played for an average Bristol Rovers side. Doesn't sound too exciting does it? Rickie Lambert, now 32, is only days away from signing for Liverpool. In football anything is possible.

We shouldn't dismiss what Fryatt did for the club. Yeah, so maybe he won't be the most ideal choice now, I don't see how we can justify calling him 'dross', etc...

Archived