Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Guy Demel - Daily Mail

I'm just surprised that so far we've only bought in one player who you'd class as not being back-up to what we've already got. Demel would be the same, he's a short term signing to cover a few positions which Wasyl can do. I'm uneasy at not striving to improve on the first eleven we currently have, which automatically will pad out the squad at the same time.

I am under the impression that we have a few young players, including defenders at the club ready for development. It may be that some of those are already 'earmarked' for the first team in a year or two. There is also the chance that new young potential can be brought in to develop at any time. My impression is that this is the long term plan of the club. It is low cost, and could work brilliantly. We are the new Barcelona, I mean as far as adopting this type of policy is concerned, that is how they have done it ( plus spending the odd few million on top, which we could also do as and when required ).

If the plan works, there is no harm in bringing in short term, experienced players to mix with the younger first team members. This could be genius!

He's a big bast*rd ain't he?

What's the issue with having back-ups for positions? (If indeed, thats what he would be) It gives us competition and choice, It's a free, the money for wages is there so why not?

Seen some tweets and comments from WH fans who are wholly praising him.

Maybe yet another non starter but I'd welcome any new player to bolster the squad. I trust our scouting team and. as NP stated, other signings are on the horizon.

I'd imagine he would come into to play CB, however it's a left sided player we need, The only area I am genuinely worried about is our back four, it could really let us down next season and we will not be able to approach every game with a "we will score more than you" attitude.

I'm not convinced Wes will be able to hack it unless he has a young whippersnapper along side him? Too often we left men unmarked in dangerous areas last season, and conceded most of our goals that way, carry on in the same manner and you could probably double that amount next season.

I cant remember Pearson ever making a signing that had people creaming their pants.

They always turn out to be jizzfest but the initial excitement is usually minimal.

This guy would be perfectly decent cover at rb or cb. He's pretty quick too which seems to be what most people wanted. For a first year back in the Prem it would be a solid enough signing.

Hope this is a joke. Perhaps SAGA are about to sign a sponsorship deal with us? Miguel would be a

younger and better alternative.

I'm glad some people on here aren't in charge of our transfer dealings. People need to realise that FIFA and football manager aren't real life. People need to get realistic about our signings. A back up right back on a free, who played 33 pl games last year and won't cost the earth in wages seems a good deal to me. I find some comments hilarious. Why cant people have faith in Nige, his signings have generally been excellent. We don't want to go back to the Sven days and just sign 12 players for the sake of it and nearly ruin the club. Stop panicking and leave Nige to do his business. If by 1st September we haven't added any more players, come and talk to me. Until then, stop ****ing whinging!

Archived