Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

Would be massively disappointed if we sell him, but I don't think Nigel would have gone out on a limb 18 months ago for his signature if we didn't have some long term plan with him. Remember, he is still only in his early 20s, has already shown glimpses of the player he will be in his prime so to sell him would be a mistake.

However, loaning people to Brentford hasn't ended badly before... Liam Moore anyone?  :whistle:

Bang on. Wood has plenty of time to round out his game. Only down side of a loan is that he will miss the tutelage of KeV at the King Power; can't think of anyone better to help improve his game.

This must be a loan deal. He is still young and with alot of development left.I think he will be a superb striker in the future and although i dont want to tempt fate i just wonder how many of the new players have get out clauses if we are relegated Chris is a Leicester player even if this happens.Does anyone remember the rush to the door the last time this happened?

https://twitter.com/fourthofficial_/status/490278161599692800

Disappointed by this somewhat. Hopefully we ask for too much and he leaves on loan instead, bangs the goals in and comes back to us a better player. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Totally agree with what you say but don't forget we can't believe every whisper !

But like you said I think it would really benefit him to go out on loan to a top championship side and sharpen his performance bag plenty of goals and come back a much better player !

Would hate to see him leave us I really do rate Chris quality player !

When Wood plays the rest of our team suffered

Our whole teams game was built around two forwards who chased every lost cause, gave every ounce of energy they had

This is reason why pacey Dyer leaving, replaced with Albrighton and arrival Ulloa concerns me.

It's not the change of players, it's the forced change of style on rest of the team

Anyway, back on topic hopefully just a loan but with Ulloa & Campbell arriving he's 5th in line for a start and 5th in line for 2 spots should be someone from the development squad, but because of Woods age a loan would be best for us & him

I just can't believe you'd rather have Dyer than Albrighton. You will very soon find out you are very wrong about this new boy. Often Villa's best player at the end of last season, in the Prem. Dyer rarely our best player in the Championship!

I think a loan to a Championship team would benifit him and us, he's still young and learning & we can then recall him if he fires a hatful of goals as there is no guarantee our first choice forwards are going to take the Prem by storm.

I don't get this 'he doesn't fit in with our style of play' isn't the main point of having a number of strikers  to offer something different when the starting line up is getting nowhere. Fair enough we may or may not have too many strikers to accommodate and that's a valid reason for moving him out but not for offering variety - surely?

Nooo :(

Vardy and Campbell

Ulloa and Wood

I agree. I think Wood is a better option than Nugent in the prem.. Especially as back up for Ulloa as he's the closest thing we have to a "target man" at the moment.

I know most probably disagree but I think he has more to offer. Was surprised to see a new 3 year deal for Nuge.

How many goals would have Wood scored if he played every game and took all the penos?

I love Nugent off field though. He looks like a good player to have in the squad for moral and that's probably what Pearson is looking at with him because he's going to be 4th choice striker anyways I guess.

Can see Wood going to Wolves though... Can see them getting in the playoffs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of talk and rumour, you can tend to work out what is truth and what is not.

Campbell was a massive "there is no chance of this happening " yesterday.

However, the Wood rumour coming along at the same time that Campbell rumour returns, this looks highly likely to happen.

Campbell / Vardy

Ulloah / Nugent.

This looks pretty good to me and gives us a much better chance.

Vary started blowing up towards the end of last season, so this all makes perfect sense.

I expect Wood on loan and Campbell to sign to be quite likely to happen

I agree. I think Wood is a better option than Nugent in the prem.. Especially as back up for Ulloa as he's the closest thing we have to a "target man" at the moment.

I know most probably disagree but I think he has more to offer. Was surprised to see a new 3 year deal for Nuge.

How many goals would have Wood scored if he played every game and took all the penos?

I love Nugent off field though. He looks like a good player to have in the squad for moral and that's probably what Pearson is looking at with him because he's going to be 4th choice striker anyways I guess.

Can see Wood going to Wolves though... Can see them getting in the playoffs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and me, it was 2 year

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/090714-david-nugent-signs-new-leicester-city-contract-1732836.aspx

I don't think we play to his strengths enough, many many times we seem to play it up towards his head & chest, yet he is much better with the ball at his feet, his goal against Ipswich last season proved that. 

Play to his strengths we could get a lot out of him, but I feel Pearson wants that high priced striker signing & some Premier League experience up front in Ulloa & Campbell, while Wood hopefully just goes out on loan, can see him going Wolves.

I don't think we play to his strengths enough, many many times we seem to play it up towards his head & chest, yet he is much better with the ball at his feet, his goal against Ipswich last season proved that.

Play to his strengths we could get a lot out of him, but I feel Pearson wants that high priced striker signing & some Premier League experience up front in Ulloa & Campbell, while Wood hopefully just goes out on loan, can see him going Wolves.

I think he is capable of holding the ball though. The strength he uses to win the ball for the goal against Burnley showed that, hopefully Ulloa can show him how it's done and if he can improve those areas of his game then he could be a real danger and asset.

I think he is capable of holding the ball though. The strength he uses to win the ball for the goal against Burnley showed that, hopefully Ulloa can show him how it's done and if he can improve those areas of his game then he could be a real danger and asset.

Yep many times though, people have questioned about his jumping, he seems he isn't comfortable heading the ball. He can hold it up pretty well at times, but there's sometimes where he comes across as lazy, like he wants it at his feet instead of his chest.

Always thought he is better with the ball at his feet, but we don't see that enough.

Always thought he is better with the ball at his feet, but we don't see that enough.

Agreed, but he'll help himself no ends if he works on his heading and target man skills. Hopefully if he does go on loan it'll be later on after preseason, and then to a team that plays to his strengths to build his confidence up

Archived