Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

I imagine Wood won't be near to commanding a first team spot next season. A loan move would be right for both parties.

He's already had 5 loan spells in his career, I'm not sure what another one will achieve.

If you look at the players NP has loaned out from the fringes of first-team squad in the last few seasons (e.g. Danns, SSL, Gallagher, Waghorn, Wellens, Whitbread, Beckford) they all have one thing in common and that's they don't play for Leicester City anymore (or in the case of Gallagher, will never play for us again).  The only exception to this I can think of is Schlupp's loan to Man United, but that wasn't a typical loan.  

What Chris Wood needs is to find the desire and fight to compete for a place in the team, and to take his chance when he get's it.  If he doesn't want to give 100% or he doesn't like facing competition to be in the starting line up, then I'd rather we sell him than give him a loan.  The only advantage a loan move would have for us is the effect on his price tag if he bags a few goals.

He's already had 5 loan spells in his career, I'm not sure what another one will achieve.

If you look at the players NP has loaned out from the fringes of first-team squad in the last few seasons (e.g. Danns, SSL, Gallagher, Waghorn, Wellens, Whitbread, Beckford) they all have one thing in common and that's they don't play for Leicester City anymore (or in the case of Gallagher, will never play for us again). The only exception to this I can think of is Schlupp's loan to Man United, but that wasn't a typical loan.

What Chris Wood needs is to find the desire and fight to compete for a place in the team, and to take his chance when he get's it. If he doesn't want to give 100% or he doesn't like facing competition to be in the starting line up, then I'd rather we sell him than give him a loan. The only advantage a loan move would have for us is the effect on his price tag if he bags a few goals.

while I agree with what your saying, what he might need is confidence. Look at the change in Vardy once he gained confidence. If we loaned him till jan to a champ team and he bagged a few and gained confidence he could be like a new signing in january.

For me, Chris Wood is the most frustrating player at the whole club

I remember the 2nd goal goal he scored against Huddersfield, 18 months ago. His link up play with Nugent was outstanding, not to mention the PACE and DESIRE he used to get on the ball. Nugent's lay-off to Wood was poor but the New Zealander still had the quality to finish

That's just one example but there have been sporadic moments where he's shown signs of absolute quality. He has also shown an instinctive poacher like attitude to scoring.

Plus, that goal against Burnley was special, not only for the finish but for the way he chased the ball down, ' Vardy-style'.

What frustrates me is the inconsistency: he can be as quick as the averagely paced Nugent, he can be strong and unbeatable in the air. He just doesn't show that desire enough. It's similar to Waghorn, he had a very strong first season here but was then very inconsistent.

People say we need to be setup a certain way for Chris Wood to be effective. Isn't this the same 'certain way' we need for Ulloa to be effective. I don't buy into this setup stuff. Wood came off the bench against Burnley (away) and he had an immediate impact

Vardy had a terrible start to his City career and now he's one of our best players. If we get a bit more consistency from Wood, he could become one of our best players .

I think you're spot on with this post!

while I agree with what your saying, what he might need is confidence. Look at the change in Vardy once he gained confidence. If we loaned him till jan to a champ team and he bagged a few and gained confidence he could be like a new signing in january.

You have highlighted my exact point. Vardy won a starting spot by working hard in his current environment, not by going out on loan. I think Wood needs to do the same.

He could be our Connor Wickham...

. ZZZZZ read above someone already put that be more original, anyway we're going for a top 10 finish so no not us !

ooooooh......sensitive!!!!!

Talk sense and you wont get the piss ripped!!  :)

but i respect and admire your optimism and hope so to.... :thumbup:

A few months and some playing time in the championship and he could come back and score some key goals like wickham did for Sunderland last year. He's definitely a confidence player and that injury the season before last year completely stopped him in his tracks. Get him 90 mins and some easier opponents to try and score against and I reckon he has a role to play.

Wednesday are talking to us about him.

They just signed Stevie May from St.Johnstone today so maybe Wood has now dropped off their radar.

I wouldn't want to sell him unless someone were to offer around 2.5/3m.

He's got a lot of potential, the season before last he scored 20. He needs a season loan where he'll be the main man.

I agree with this. As people have already mentioned he's had a number of loan spells in his career to date but for him they were successful for his goal scoring form and that in a sense it earned him a move to a good championship level football club to play regular football (as he did when he first joined). Now he has fallen down the pecking order a loan may do him a similar amount of good. He too young with too much potential to sell now.

It would be madness to sell him. He's got bags of potential and has ha a few seriously good scoring runs in his short career.

If he'd carried on scoring the way he was doing at times he'd be at one of the big clubs by now.

At his age he can only get better and I'd love to keep him. Ma great option off the bench.

Archived