Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

Would people consider letting wood go as part of a deal for Deeney?

Definitely. Wood is 4th/5th choice here which tells me he isn't good enough. All this rubbish people are spouting about the fact we lump the ball up to him, we don't play it to feet etc is ridiculous. The fact is, quite a lot of the time he looks pretty hopeless however you play the ball to him. A frustrating player; can look so big and strong and dangerous at times. Just doesn't show it enough.

We seem to wear blinkers in terms of what we want as a minimum. And the picture we see is players chasing people down as if their lives depend on it if we lose the ball. Where the hell would the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Gary Lineker or Teddy Sheringham have ever fitted in and yet the truth is they'd have been gold among the gravel in our team, along with so many others. 

Did Gerd Muller ever do anything of importance more than 30 yards from goal? Yet he was Euorpean footballer of the Year and scored for fun. Wood is no Muller but, as Jimmy has said,  he's far more use in and around the penalty box than anywhere else.      

I'm not saying we need a team of such people but is Ulloa going to be any more of a runaround? Or any more of a natural striker? I'm a long way from being convinced.

If Wood's not good enough we definitely need another goalscorer. But is Wood not good enough or is it Leicester not getting the best out of a striker as so often in the past with both centre-forwards and wingers.

Surely Kevin Phillips could make a difference for the lad.     

For me, Chris Wood is the most frustrating player at the whole club

I remember the 2nd goal goal he scored against Huddersfield, 18 months ago. His link up play with Nugent was outstanding, not to mention the PACE and DESIRE he used to get on the ball. Nugent's lay-off to Wood was poor but the New Zealander still had the quality to finish

That's just one example but there have been sporadic moments where he's shown signs of absolute quality. He has also shown an instinctive poacher like attitude to scoring.

Plus, that goal against Burnley was special, not only for the finish but for the way he chased the ball down, ' Vardy-style'.

What frustrates me is the inconsistency: he can be as quick as the averagely paced Nugent, he can be strong and unbeatable in the air. He just doesn't show that desire enough. It's similar to Waghorn, he had a very strong first season here but was then very inconsistent.

People say we need to be setup a certain way for Chris Wood to be effective. Isn't this the same 'certain way' we need for Ulloa to be effective. I don't buy into this setup stuff. Wood came off the bench against Burnley (away) and he had an immediate impact

Vardy had a terrible start to his City career and now he's one of our best players. If we get a bit more consistency from Wood, he could become one of our best players .

For me, Chris Wood is the most frustrating player at the whole club

I remember the 2nd goal goal he scored against Huddersfield, 18 months ago. His link up play with Nugent was outstanding, not to mention the PACE and DESIRE he used to get on the ball. Nugent's lay-off to Wood was poor but the New Zealander still had the quality to finish

That's just one example but there have been sporadic moments where he's shown signs of absolute quality. He has also shown an instinctive poacher like attitude to scoring.

Plus, that goal against Burnley was special, not only for the finish but for the way he chased the ball down, ' Vardy-style'.

What frustrates me is the inconsistency: he can be as quick as the averagely paced Nugent, he can be strong and unbeatable in the air. He just doesn't show that desire enough. It's similar to Waghorn, he had a very strong first season here but was then very inconsistent.

People say we need to be setup a certain way for Chris Wood to be effective. Isn't this the same 'certain way' we need for Ulloa to be effective. I don't buy into this setup stuff. Wood came off the bench against Burnley (away) and he had an immediate impact

Vardy had a terrible start to his City career and now he's one of our best players. If we get a bit more consistency from Wood, he could become one of our best players .

I agree. Doesn't seem to have any fire in him at all. Needs to have a serious think about what he wants from his career before he ends up as a football league journeyman. Flashes of quality are not going to get you into a Nigel Pearson team I'm afraid

I agree. Doesn't seem to have any fire in him at all. Needs to have a serious think about what he wants from his career before he ends up as a football league journeyman. Flashes of quality are not going to get you into a Nigel Pearson team I'm afraid

I wouldn't sell home but loan him out for a season to a bottom half prem team or top championship team get a bit of playing time under his belt

Archived