Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

I for one will be quite disappointed if we end up blowing 18 million on two championship strikers. It doesn't seem like we've looked to this so called great scouting system of ours at any point this pre season.

Or they weren't available, or went elsewhere or a hundred other reasons.

Deeney is so important to Watford now that even 10 million is likely to be rejected. I doubt he would want to move to a side that is odds on to be relegated whilst we will probably be promoted.

Why would he want to stay with a tin-pot club, surely he must have some ambition?

I'm not bothered if he signs for us or not.

Deeney is so important to Watford now that even 10 million is likely to be rejected. I doubt he would want to move to a side that is odds on to be relegated whilst we will probably be promoted.

The general price for us to get relegated is 9/4 to 5/2, funny thing is that were a same price to finish in the Premier League Top 10 as Watford are to be promoted!

Whilst I feel you would be bonkers to let him leave,

Remember us being 'odds on to be relegated' is at least a year ahead if you being 'odds on to be relegated'. Troy will also have seen us dominate the league, win it with a canter and play significantly better than you did last year.

Try not to get ahead of yourself too much, you may have beaten a poor bolton team but you have not won the league. You may also well think being odds on for relegation is somehow an insult but it is something you are aspiring to be. (Unless you believe the rubbish about the pozzo's massive network of players la la la - a pool that can't even get a team out of the championship after numerous efforts to date).

For what it is worth I think you have a good chance this year, but try not to spout rubbish and try to keep a little balance and perspective.

The excellent squad we have this season, Dyer cannot make the first team yet.

Let's see if you can beat 102 points. If you can then fair enough but right now if given the chance Deeney would be a prat to turn us down. You showed just how erratic you are as a club going from finishing 3rd the season before and looking the class act of the division and then being very, very mediocre last year. There's got to be cause for optimism but Troy might not get a better chance than this. That said, I don't particularly want him as we've already got 3 strikers of similar class to him. If we get another it should be merely backup or someone more proven.

'probably be promoted'

Mate you've won one match.

Whilst I feel you would be bonkers to let him leave,

Remember us being 'odds on to be relegated' is at least a year ahead if you being 'odds on to be relegated'. Troy will also have seen us dominate the league, win it with a canter and play significantly better than you did last year.

Try not to get ahead of yourself too much, you may have beaten a poor bolton team but you have not won the league. You may also well think being odds on for relegation is somehow an insult but it is something you are aspiring to be. (Unless you believe the rubbish about the pozzo's massive network of players la la la - a pool that can't even get a team out of the championship after numerous efforts to date).

For what it is worth I think you have a good chance this year, but try not to spout rubbish and try to keep a little balance and perspective.

Expecting your team to struggle this year whilst expecting Watford to do well is balanced and totally in perspective. The Pozzo's network is extremely effective which will become ever more evident to you doubters in time. One example is Paredes, the Ecuador International defender who recently joined on a 5 year contract for the price of a packet of crisps. He had a wonderful debut on Saturday, MOTM.

Win win for me. If we are relegated we will have the most potent 4 strikers in the league....

Don't think that's the plan though.

Really????

I'm sure too that really is not the plan 

In response the Parades ... Matt Mills picked up a few mom awards during his time at Reading, look how that worked out. Watford have a chance I agree, but take it steady chief. Any team can look good after 1 game the last few seasons are littered with them.

Archived