Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

Would also rather Slimani for the money being quoted for both.

Deeney is literally about double. Exactly everything I've been saying all year about why we shouldn't sign from British clubs. The internal market here is just stupid. It's not that I refuse to accept Deeney could do a job for us but for ten plus million? No way.

It might not be "my" money but anyone who comes out with the usual "forget the money it's the owner's" hasn't been paying attention to football for the last few years.

Prices floating about are pretty similar are they not, £10m and €10m?

Slimani's record is also nothing to write home about.

No idea who we would play to be honest.

If we go with 3 in the middle, only one striker is likely to play with two wide men. 

If we go with two strikers, do we go with the big men? The pace of Nugent and Vardy? Or a little and large combo?

All great options to have. 

And this is the thing with our squad as a whole entity. My personal view is that this season we may see us play a system not too dissimilar to the Italian national team in the way they go through their Central Midfield - Pirlo in their case, Danny, Matty and Esteban (still seems surreal writing the last one) and, therefore, a lot of passing football. We saw glimpses of it last season but I think we play to our strengths with the ball on the ground. Then, if we want to get the ball into the box, Leo is up top and tall, Deeney may yet join so there is also a target man (and Nuge can head a ball, plus our defence).

All, in all, I think this will turn out to be a very productive window.

Would also rather Slimani for the money being quoted for both.

Deeney is literally about double. Exactly everything I've been saying all year about why we shouldn't sign from British clubs. The internal market here is just stupid. It's not that I refuse to accept Deeney could do a job for us but for ten plus million? No way.

It might not be "my" money but anyone who comes out with the usual "forget the money it's the owner's" hasn't been paying attention to football for the last few years.

Personally, I trust Nigel on this, he's done a fairly good job so far, No?

Agreed, especially when we are screaming out for cover and better quality at the back.

Set pieces were our downfall last season and unfortunately most teams outside the top 6 make their living from scoring goals that way

I hadn't even heard of Slimani until a few weeks ago and doubt many others had either.

Deeney fits the bill for me.

Slimani' record is a goal every 132 minutes. It's skewed by the amount of the sub appearances he made.

Plus wasn't it about 8m Euros? I appreciate the rate of exchange isn't a huge chasm but you're still talking about 6m GBP.

Even at 10m euros you're looking at about 7.5m gbp, no?

Watford won't accept they would be silly to, they have a great chance of going up this season with Deeney and Vydra upfront they were unstoppable a couple seasons back its not worth getting rid 

In the snakes and ladders of transfer-window-land, today is a great day to be a Foxes fan.......  Cambiasso allegedly all but tied down ... a massive bid gone in for a centre-forward .... fabulous! Who cares if that last one is true?!! If football is about providing entertainment, well, right now at this very minute, I'm feeling jolly, jolly, jolly entertained!!!!

Really not interested in Deeney at all. Just because someone can bang goals in for one championship side, doesn't necessarily mean they will work well with us. Eg. Wood.

For a few million, it would be worth the risk, but 10? No way.

..back to the land of dreams... We'll probably lose both of them to bloody QPR!!!

Maybe, but to coin a phrase that has been in vogue in the PGA all weekend, 'stay in the moment' ! Otherwise we'll never enjoy this season. And we all know how hard it has been to get back here. Gotta take the excitement when it comes.

Charl91, on 12 Aug 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Really not interested in Deeney at all. Just because someone can bang goals in for one championship side, doesn't necessarily mean they will work well with us. Eg. Wood.

For a few million, it would be worth the risk, but 10? No way.

Well with that logic we will never buy anyone ever again

Archived