Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Ulloa - Signed

I thought the season we just had might stop posts like this.

We can't afford a 'lazy goalscorer'

We need energetic, industrious goalscorers who play for the team and develop a strike partnership. Just like Vardy and Nugent did. Its a team game. Particularly this season, everyone must pull their weight for each other.

Im sure that's what Pearson is saying.

If he scores goals, then yes - we can afford it.

What is the fascination with mocking the looks of every new signing we make? Happened because Mahrez had a little bit of blonde hair dye too.

I'd love to see what some of you lot would look like holding a leicester shirt up after you've picked one up in XXL from the club shop. 

If he scores goals, then yes - we can afford it.

Don't agree. For us to do well this season, I imagine our goals will have to come from all areas.

I'm hoping this notion of Ulloa being lazy is bollox and the the scores goals AND plays well for the team generally.

I'd hate for all the good work of last season to be undone again.

Nugent scores goals and works hard as a team player, same with Vardy. They were a big reason for last season's success.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ulloa does.

Don't agree. For us to do well this season, I imagine our goals will have to come from all areas.

I'm hoping this notion of Ulloa being lazy is bollox and the the scores goals AND plays well for the team generally.

Nugent scores goals and works hard as a team player, same with Vardy. They were a big reason for last season's success.

This is a really good point about Nugent and Vardy.

People are crying out for another striker that will score 20+ goals etc

But people need to look at the way we played last season. A hell of a lot of our success come from the high pressing game and roaming from positions that our front four would do. It's all well and good plucking a player like Jordan Rhodes out for £7m but your typical lazy poacher sort of player wouldnt have worked at all in our system last year and its the reason i think we'll do so well in the Premier League

Sounds a bit like a Berbatov type player to me, obviously a bit stronger and more physical.

You often find with players like that, that they have a nice touch and know instinctively where the goal is, to make up for the lack of movement or positioning. Hopefully he's good in the air too!

Let's hope he's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the fascination with mocking the looks of every new signing we make? Happened because Mahrez had a little bit of blonde hair dye too.

I'd love to see what some of you lot would look like holding a leicester shirt up after you've picked one up in XXL from the club shop.

To be fair, when Mahrez first turned up he did have a ridiculous hair cut. It's much better now, mind.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but he gets his hair cut same place as me.

Seems Pearson is keen on players that caused us problems.. Ulloa and Deeney come to mind!!...

And not Drinkwater after his Barnsley side beat us at home couple of seasons ago?

Ulloa is a striker who thrives in the box, whether that can be classified as "lazy" remains to be seen.

I concur that the modern striker is more likely to roam back to the middle of the pitch to get service, however. You may call it being more active.

And Ulloa doesn't strike me as that kind of guy, as he's often not quick enough. Although I hope he'll surprise us all in that department.

Our system is set up to accommodate Ulloa, with crosses coming in from left and right via Mahrez (on the left, I guess) and Albrighton (right flank).

As long as Ulloa does what Ulloa does best - scoring goals and being a nuisance to opposing defenders, I'm very much tempted to look past the £8m price tag.

I'm sure he'll find his place and will be deployed working in his best role - as a sole striker up front.

Thanks mate, so is he a "lazy" player then ?

Wouldn't say so , he's not a box to box player and following the injury he looked massively isolated but he can battle and he has a knack of getting himself in the right place.

providing he gets the passes he'll do the job , no question about it.

Archived