Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Ulloa - Signed

I thought you were, obviously the fact I struggle with spelling and grammar and reasons behind it were put to bed about 7 years ago seems to of passed you by though so perhaps not.

No offence Pablo, but how the bloody Hell could I know that? I assumed you'd done a typo like I often do.

Apologies....

Welcome to the club Ulloa.

Glad this signing has finally been comfirmed. A lot of people are doubting his ability but Pearson obviously wanted this guy and I have full faith in Pearson to do everything right for this club.

Hopefully he will get off to a good start and score some goals in the first couple of months else the 'boo boys' will more than likely be on his back.

All the best to Ulloa. Here's to hoping he, and us, have a successful campaign next season. :cheers:

How is his surname pronounced ? I`m sure on central news the other night they sounded it with a J  sort of Ujjoa !

Double l (ll) in Spanish is a separate letter,it's pronounced similarly to y in English so it should be U-yo-a

Double l (ll) in Spanish is a separate letter,it's pronounced similarly to y in English so it should be U-yo-a

"oo-ZHO-ah" or "oo-SHO-ah" would be closer approximations on how to pronounce Ulloa's name in an Argentinian stylee.

"oo-ZHO-ah" or "oo-SHO-ah" would be closer approximations on how to pronounce Ulloa's name in an Argentinian stylee.

Yeah but they pronounce The Falklands as "Las Malvinas" so what do they know?

lets hope its money well spent would have preferred a proven premier league striker but im willing to give him a chance. just in the back of my mind im hoping he is not another akimbiyi what a waist of money he was. just need to sort out a new left back.

At Brighton there were a few other Spanish speaking players there and as Ulloa doesn't speak english it could be an issue. I hope we're still looking at someone like Blanco or Vietto.

I can't be certain but I think Pearson buys his players based on their footballing ability rather than their English Language skills.

Just like he I'm assuming he uses interpreters because of their multilingual skills rather than how good they are with a ball at their feet.

Big risk, but fairly happy with the signing, we needed a striker, a striker was the priority for me and we've signed one, at a big price, only time will tell if it's a deservedly high price or not, I can't really comment too much on what he's been like for Brighton because I've not really watched him, can't really remember him playing against us but passed us twice (Albeit one of if not the poorest performance of the season - a pissed up/hungover/celebratory game).

It goes without saying I hope he does well for us.

I'm a huge fan of Pearson, he hasn't signed too many bad players, but he's done this without spending too much money either, I just hope he not one of these managers that can't spend money well - I have no reason to suggest that anyway, I'm just abit worried when this club spends big money.

Are we still using the excuse that we were hungover when Brighton dicked us at home then?

Christ. How long do hangovers last? A day, two tops.

It played a part, that was the worst we played all season... but yes Brighton did play very well so no saying had the players not celebrated over the weekend we would have won anyway.

Archived