Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Walsall vs. City match thread

huh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28571342

Leicester 2-1 Walsall: Danny Drinkwater scores late winner

Danny Drinkwater's 87th-minute goal gave Leicester City a friendly win away at Walsall on Wednesday.

Captain Wes Morgan headed home a Marc Albrighton cross to give City an early lead and David Nugent added another midway through the first half.

Walsall pulled one back through a trialist frontman, who then set up Ashley Grimes for the equaliser.

The Foxes had the better chances, but left it late as Drinkwater struck a 25-yard effort into the top corner.

What was Pearson's son like? Is he worming his way in to the first team set up?

I thought he was pretty poor to be honest. Out of position a lot and doesn't look like one to throw himself into tackles. Couldn't see any positives in his performance really.

Decent performance from us though all things considered. Everyone worked hard and two cracking goals from Nuge and Drinky.

And people say Nugent is overrated.....

He only scores penalties, allegedly. :D

That was one heck of a sweet curling strike - I see it's just a friendly, but if he scored one like that this upcoming season, it surely would be a contender for Goal of the Month.

He looks so sharp now and - as Stringer pointed out yesterday - truly feels comfortable and "at home" now.

As for Drinkwater's effort, it reminded me of Watford at home last season. Brilliant.

listened to this on the radio. I had to laugh when striger mentioned drinky and james getting England call up next season. Maybe a bit too ambitious lol

And that lad they interviewed at HT. :nigel:

Another good run out and positive result. Keeps that winning mentality going. Roll on 16th :scarf:

Nugent has got to start this season alongside Vardy. 

Nuge has been our best player pre season 

I'd like to see that. At the moment, that goal was technically brilliant could not have caught that with the outside of his boot any better.

I doubt we've payed 8 Mil for a bench warmer though and while I think Vardy and Nugent will both probably be in the line up against Everton it wont be long before Ulloa worms his way in regardless of how those two perform. 

I'd like to see that. At the moment, that goal was technically brilliant could not have caught that with the outside of his boot any better.

I doubt we've payed 8 Mil for a bench warmer though and while I think Vardy and Nugent will both probably be in the line up against Everton it wont be long before Ulloa worms his way in regardless of how those two perform. 

It is a squad game I grant you. But to say anyone one player will start because of a transfer fee is naive especially if they score in the first few games. 

Nugent has got to start this season alongside Vardy. 

Nuge has been our best player pre season 

Both of our best pre-season players are the ones that everybody seemed more than happy to see replaced by new signings. Knockaert's been brilliant too. Hope they both keep it up.

It is a squad game I grant you. But to say anyone one player will start because of a transfer fee is naive especially if they score in the first few games. 

Woudln't be the first player to be started and stuck with because he cost a lot of money so I don't see how it's naive. 

Archived