Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

Problem is now we need pace and pressinhg. Leo is too slow. Think he will go in the summer. The other annoying thing for me is he hardly ever jumps for headers and tries to shield the ball and bring it down (with ltd success).

Worked well last season but I think he will go this summer.

If we can get £4m for him from a Championship club we should accept it.

Thank you for your goals last season Leo but you're not Premier League quality. Your team mates have improved drastically, unfortunately you have not.

Him up front tonight on his own tonight was an absolute disgrace in management

To be fair, I think Claudio was hoping Dyer and Gray would play further up and Ulloa wouldn't constantly keep coming deep for the ball. He was playing mostly as a midfielder for that game, leaving us with no one upfront for when we did have the ball. It didn't work and Claudio changed it at half-time. I don't think he would have even considered playing that system though if we had a 4th striker available, as was clear he wanted to rest Vardy and Okazaki, leaving us only one recognised striker. He tried something new and for 45mins it clearly didn't work.

New striker needed and Ulloa not needed to start again hopefully

Him up front tonight on his own tonight was an absolute disgrace in management

Agree.

When I saw the starting line up I cringed. Might as well have played with 10 men or played with a false 9. Even that would have been less painful to watch than Ulloa up top on his own.

Though Claudio did change it at half time. I think he was hoping Gray and Dyer would support Ulloa but it just failed miserably.

Maybe it's also down to him falling back in the pecking order, behind Vardy. Looks so much more sluggish and disinterested than last season. And that not just in games where he's playing badly or being left alone up front (for which he should be felt sorry for to a certain extent).

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Reality is when we come up we only had a few options regarding strikers, one option paying a vastly inflated price for a decent championship player was what we did and to be fair he did what was required of him last season, This season I think he has given us another option and allowed us to mix it up a bit I would even say he has changed the game a couple of times when bought on but since the Newcastle game I feel like his performances have declined and his touch has just gone.....I didn't feel he gave us anything tonight I really can't see how he is a better option than Kramaric.

He's just shit. No one can defend him. He's fûcking awful and that's it.

Slow. No touch. Not agile in any way. Crap in the air and at holding the ball up. Never shoots on sight - takes a touch and loses it, putting us under more pressure. He plays too deep.

Get Wasyl there.

This really isn't a bad shout lol Wasyl would cause mayhem up there closing down players lol

In all seriousness Ulloa is not up to standard. He has been a lost sheep since Cambiasso left.

Yes he got us goals last season but so did Nugent in the championship, you can't hang on to players with memories of seasons gone by. We're coming up to 3/4 of the way through this season and he has offered very little throughout.

It's not even that he is a slow player compared to others, Cambiasso wasn't fast but being a good player isn't all about speed but his touch is very poor, gives away too many freekicks, awareness in the game isn't as sharp as other players, passing hit and miss, composure in front of goal is terrible. All the 'defensive qualities' is bullshit, you don't play a striker for his defensive qualities. Granted the odd time it can become understandable but not all the time.

He repaid his fee last season.

Best game I've seen him have is Newcastle away this season.

He's still got his uses when players around him are in form but maybe you can say that about anyone.

I don't hate him like some seem to now but I'd love to see us sign a striker ASAP.

You can claim his goals kept us up but I'd say that's short sighted. The bloke ended up costing us 10 million pounds and he scored 11 goals, we could of got much better. Using that logic akinbiyi was a snip at 5.5 mil, their records are starting to look more and more similar as this season goes on, and one thing I'll give ade albeit he couldn't hit a barn door for us at least he looked like he might get in a decent position occasionally, ulloas movement is non existent.

Maybe it's also down to him falling back in the pecking order, behind Vardy. Looks so much more sluggish and disinterested than last season. And that not just in games where he's playing badly or being left alone up front (for which he should be felt sorry for to a certain extent).

He doesn't look any different, at all. He is being judged by a different yard stick that's the only difference.

You would have thought he would have upped his game like his team mates have, but he hasn't. I honestly don't even think he'd get into the Sunderland or Villa sides. Gestede's performance against us last weekend was better than anything Ulloa has showed this season.

I think we will offload him to a Championship club in summer. If we can get £4-5m for him we have done well.

Archived