Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

the problem is that we are now looking at Ulloa (and dyer included) as "top 4" players not premier league players. even though these two are very good proven players at this level they havent been able to step up to the high level of performances we are putting in.

This doesnt make them bad players( as many members of foxestalk believe) it just means they arent performing as well as the other players in their positions.

His overall performances have always been toss even when he was in the goals. I think I can count the number of games when I've thought he actually contributed well on one hand if you take his goals out.

Agree.

Best game I've seen him have for us was at home to Southampton last season.

Never looked like scoring but bossed their defenders about, held the ball well and brought others into play.

Actually hate this donkey with a passion. What a waste of space he is. He's often the opositions 12th man. Soon as you see his name on the team sheet you know your in for a s**t game. I'd of played any of the bloody kids. Tbh we could of played without a bloody striker and been more effective tonight. He's useless. He looks knackered after 5 mins of strolling around the bloody centre circle before kick off. God knows how Ranieri picks him. He must be on his bloody knees in the changing room to get a game! Sooner he goes the better. All of his goals last season were vital granted but he's basically a championship player.

Terrible player.

His best game for us was probably at home to Southampton and Newcastle last season. Whilst the rest of the team has improved and upped their game, Ulloa is still playing like relegation fodder.

Unfortunately, he's just useless and seems to be getting worse. One paced, poor movement and awareness, abominible first touch, pathetic finisher. He's been left behind by the teams progression this season.

He really is showing no glimpses of being a striker we want or need at the moment.

Why did he play almost as a midfielder for the whole first half, when he was our only striker, so we had no one up there. He seems so set on coming deep to collect the ball and then he is so slow, he can't get back up front quick enough to be any use as a striker for us.

He also seems completely unable to win headers. He holds it up well if it is to his chest, but if it's into his feet, he will miscontrol it and anything head height, he will be beaten easily. Tiny Okazaki is more effective at holding the ball up. Neither pose much of a goal threat though.

I will be absolutely gobsmasked if Ranieri is not desperately trying to sign a top striker in this window. It would be pure madness not to. I don't care if we have to pay twice as much for a player. It could be the difference between champions league or not.

Ulloa to the bench please for the forseeable future.. and only used if we are winning and we need someone to help defend crossings into the box.

Agree.

Best game I've seen him have for us was at home to Southampton last season.

Never looked like scoring but bossed their defenders about, held the ball well and brought others into play.

He was near faultless against Newcastle in May.

I like Leo but he's become a victim of our success, unfortunately. We have to aim higher now.

If we are relying on Ulloa to get enough goals if Vardy is out, we're knackered.

That said, he's got nothing to play off at present. Our supply from the midfield, especially the central midfield, is pretty woeful at the moment.

If we play with a big striker up top, we've got to get crosses in to him. Just about the only time we did tonight, he forced a save from their keeper.

If we are relying on Ulloa to get enough goals if Vardy is out, we're knackered.

That said, he's got nothing to play off at present. Our supply from the midfield, especially the central midfield, is pretty woeful at the moment.

If we play with a big striker up top, we've got to get crosses in to him. Just about the only time we did tonight, he forced a save from their keeper.

I agree with you Col and I hate to say it but Drinky is also starting to drop off a little bit now too.

Get some competition in, he needs abit of a kick up the a*se

Agree with the first bit, but he's played 50 odd times for us now and has had about 5 good PERFORMANCES. A kick up the arse isn't going to do anything! He's scored goals, yes, but on the whole he's been really really crap for a long time

Archived