Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

Can't help but think Ulloa has been signed as a plan b.

Ulloa, in my mind, has been signed to play in a 4-5-1 away from home wheb we're expected to take a bit of a hammering.

He's gonna get slated because he ain't gonna score many. We won't see the best of him playing in this role and Leicester fans being Leicester fans won't take any of the circumstances that aren't particularly in his favour into account before declaring him not good enough and a waste of money.

He's not been here 5 minutes yet, only a fraction of us have actually seen him play, I'll guarantee even fewer have kept a close eye on him when they have, but everyone seems to have an opinion in him.

As has been pointed out, in his short time with us he's covered a 12000 round trip to Thailand which has also seen us with a ridiculous schedule of something like 5 games in 10 days. I don't think he's getting the timd on the training pitches that he or Pearson would like.

He's this season's Jamie Vardy, unfortunately for him he's cost 8 times more and has the whole world watching him. Give him time, he'll settle. But I think it's pointless judging him on goals scored, it'll be what be brings to the team that'll hopefully show his worth

Here's the thing. If Ulloa sits on the bench all season because his arrival has shot a rocket up the backside of all our other strikers and turned them into twice the players they were last season, is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

Here's the thing. If Ulloa sits on the bench all season because his arrival has shot a rocket up the backside of all our other strikers and turned them into twice the players they were last season, is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

Quite a good way of looking at it, GTF and nugent are looking good in preseason, so it might have give them a bit more motivation.

You have to overpay for every contracted player signed from an English club that doesn't want to sell, when there isn't a release clause, nor financial worries for the selling club, especially when you are a newly promoted Premiership club.

Fixed it

See Frazier Campbell scored a hat trick for Palace on Saturday!!!... Will ulloa EVER score a hat trick for us????

Well unfortunately for Palace and Campbell they ain't gonna be playing Brentford in the league.

Honestly, you'd think from a club who have seen the rise of Vardy, Drinkwater etc. that we'd have enough patience to see how he does in a competitive game rather than a pre-season fooking friendly.

Well unfortunately for Palace and Campbell they ain't gonna be playing Brentford in the league.

Honestly, you'd think from a club who have seen the rise of Vardy, Drinkwater etc. that we'd have enough patience to see how he does in a competitive game rather than a pre-season fooking friendly.

He wasn't playing Brentford, he was playing Forest Green.

I expect Nigel to start with Nugent and Vardy. He should introduce Ulloa slowly.

If what people say about Vardy being nailed on to start is true I can't see why you'd pick Ulloa in front of Nugent who's had a great pre season so I'd be inclined to agree.

Just returned from holiday and spoke to a Brighton season ticket holder about Ulloa. I only watched Ulloa in the play off's and got to be honest I thought he sulked and threw in the towel which I cannot stand in a player, however he assured me he is different class and all his mates are gutted he has left, so here's hoping he lives up to the hype.

by the way here is his goal compilation, it´s obvious from this that he is used to getting the ball from out wide on his head so he would be effective with lots of wing support

and somebody needs to play close off him (thats why I think he should be paired with Nuge)

could be a class act when he´s fit and get´s to know the players (and vice versa)

so stop with the anxiety and the moaning and appreciate this skills

cant wait to see him in action

Nice and fitting that video is set to FIYAR.

Thought he played pretty well last night. At times he was effectively a lone front man, as Hopper didn't offer a great deal. Despite going to deck in the manner that Heskey used to all those years ago on a few occasions, he held the ball up pretty well and managed to find James and Drinky on numerous occasions. Two good finishes and very unlucky with a couple of good saves. I can see Vardy or Nugent working well off him, or as a lone striker. Just not too sure he's going to be charging defenders down etc.

Thought he played pretty well last night. At times he was effectively a loan front man, as Hopper didn't offer a great deal. Despite going to deck in the manner that Heskey used to all those years ago on a few occasions, he held the ball up pretty well and managed to find James and Drinky on numerous occasions. Two good finishes and very unlucky with a couple of good saves. I can see Vardy or Nugent working well off him, or as a loan striker. Just not too sure he's going to be charging defenders down etc.

Hahahahaaa I read this as we were bringing in another striker on loan to play with him.

Ulloa 2 v 0 Moaners

anyone who commented on this thread previously wanna eat their words ?

Sigh

Again just as three pre season games without a goal proves nothing a brace against fcking Rotherham in a warm up game isn't exactly point proven is it  :rolleyes:

Archived