Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Euro 2016 Qualifying

Do love England game coverage, they all follow the same pattern, pre match bollocks about how only a win will do for the mighty England and how they should brush past their vastly inferior opposition, Andy Townsend announcing that a draw away is merely "satisfactory"  and that world beaters England should be looking to win this particular game easily. 20 minutes later the excuses for the inevitable inept performance come out "England just need a goal" is my faviourate, no shit Andy, "the nerves need to settle" and "we just need someone to do something a bit special" are up there as well. 

Half time then follows with Childs and co howling with delight at replays of Danny Wellback getting free on goal and falling over/missing/proving his inability to square 5 yards. Wayne Rooney blasting a 25 yard free kick into the top tier, and whining on about when they're going to bring on the latest over rated twat to make the squad on to change the game.

The second half arrives and makes the first half look good, Andy Townsend changes his tune and all of a sudden a draw is a cracking result, next weeks Corrie gets an mid game advert as it's more exciting than anything else going on on the pitch, attention turns to what England can do to build on a "slightly disappointing performance" against San Marino/Andorra/Lichenstein and Townsend backs us to "bounce back", no shit Andy, cue full time for those of us still somehow awake and back to Adrian and the boys in the studio to discuss what's wrong with our national side (Coaches, grass rotts, too many foreigners in the Prem etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

I don't know why I bother watching. 

Archived