Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

Someone was a few days ago. I can't remember who but it was on the BBC that another club had had a bid rejected. Hull or Sunderland or someone like that.

I was joking à la the Cambiasso thread.

£7m max.

Do we really want to spend that much on a 26 y/o Championship midfielder who's only scored 11 goals since 2010?

Yes he is a good player, but I'd only spend £4m - £5m max. Aren't people calling for 'midfield cover'? Why would we spend that much for someone who's just gonna sit on the bench getting splinters in his arse

Whelan told Telegraph Sport: “We received a bid from Leicester and we’ve given them our reply this morning – he’s not for sale at that price.

“Our number-one priority is the club, the second is the player, and we always look at things in that order.

“I wouldn’t stand in the way of anybody wanting to playing in the Premier League, though, so we’ll see how much Leicester want him.”

People are banging on about just chucking money about just so we sign someone, bidding is all about trying not to spend over the odds on a player, if we have bid £5 million, it will be a case of testing the waters and having a ball park figure to play with. I suppose some of you want us to go the Portsmouth and QPR route, which will eventually cripple us. The way Nige and his scouting team are working will see us finacially secure for decades, which in the long run, we would all prefer

Do we really want to spend that much on a 26 y/o Championship midfielder who's only scored 11 goals since 2010?

Yes he is a good player, but I'd only spend £4m - £5m max. Aren't people calling for 'midfield cover'? Why would we spend that much for someone who's just gonna sit on the bench getting splinters in his arse

I wouldn't call him just "midfield cover", I think during our time in the Prem we have to rotate the squad quite frequently unlike when we were in the Championship last season due to players getting exhausted very quickly. We've lost three midfielders in two weeks, it's a major cause for concern in terms of how we use up ALL of our squad.

Whelan told Telegraph Sport: “We received a bid from Leicester and we’ve given them our reply this morning – he’s not for sale at that price.

“Our number-one priority is the club, the second is the player, and we always look at things in that order.

“I wouldn’t stand in the way of anybody wanting to playing in the Premier League, though, so we’ll see how much Leicester want him.”

In other words.. Get your pants down and let me shaft you!!!!!!

Archived