Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

I'm beginning to believe that Pearson has cocked it up, big time.

If it was just one more player he was after, then fine. Here we are, fast approaching deadline day, with the need to bring in strong players, and it looks now though, as if it will be panic stations"! 

With all due respect to Pearson, it seems to me that his inexperience is showing at this level, and this could quite possibly be the death knell for our Premiership status.

I will give him the benefit of my doubt until the transfer window closes, but I'm not holding my breath.

If it was just one more player he was after, then fine. Here we are, fast approaching deadline day, with the need to bring in strong players, and it looks now though, as if it will be panic stations"! 

With all due respect to Pearson, it seems to me that his inexperience is showing at this level, and this could quite possibly be the death knell for our Premiership status.

I will give him the benefit of my doubt until the transfer window closes, but I'm not holding my breath.

yeah very true, its not like we have 95% of the season left to go and thousands and thousands of possible permutations that could take place.

with just under a week left of the transfer window it game over!

Dude seriously. Pearson identifies the players he wants then Terry Robinson is supposed to do the rest.

If anyone is to blame, its gotta be El Tel!!

seriously?

You could have a point I suppose there are only 9 months left in the season - the die is cast

It's difficult for promoted teams to get the players in they want. Our fans moan when we bid £8 million for the likes of Ulloa and 8 figures for Troy Deeney but clubs are expecting more and more money for players that aren't worth it. I'm frustrated we haven't brought in more players but I simply don't agree that we haven't been trying. One thing our management team doesn't do is make signings on a whim, we'll have meticulously planned who we wanted but we've not been able to get them in, Nigel will regroup and try again.

clubs are holding out for the best offer they can get. I can see us signing 5 players on deadline day.

McArthur is definitely gone from Wigan - they are just holding out in the home of another 1m.

He's ours if we want him.

We've show in the first 2 games that we are NOT going to be relegated. We're already too good.

Decent player, but if we continue chasing good players that their club don't want to sell we will be forced to over pay.

The problem with promotion is that comes with a £63m minimum guaranteed bonus.

Wigan know we have money and they have no reason to sell McCarthy like with Ulloa they have no reason to sell so we have to offer an amount large enough for a multi-millionaire like Whelan to think that the money would be more beneficial to the club than the player but small enough for a multi-millionaires like Top and co. Think the money would be better than the player.

Our advantage over Wigan financially is that we have greater earning power as a Prem Club so the fact is £7-8m means a lot less to us than it does to them, which means that they will drive that price up in any way they can including getting into a bidding war with Burnley in the papers.

When figures like, £12m for Rhodes, £10m for Deeney are being rejected, we aren't going to get any player cheap unless the club wants to sell.

We have to stop thinking that we are valuing the player at that amount, the value is the amount that Wigan can't turn down and prices Burnley and any other interested clubs out the market.

clubs are holding out for the best offer they can get. I can see us signing 5 players on deadline day.

McArthur is definitely gone from Wigan - they are just holding out in the home of another 1m.

He's ours if we want him.

We've show in the first 2 games that we are NOT going to be relegated. We're already too good.

Well one of you 2 are wrong.

2 games in and we already have the death knell of our premiership status whilst also being too good to go down.

Pretty much FT condensed into it's purest form.

Wood to go in part-ex ?  We know that Wigan were keen and even though Nige has said that, "he's happy to stay to fight for his place", a deal to get a needed central midfielder in, might be more essential than a reserve striker - especially if there are other 'irons in the fire' up front (ie reported links with other strikers).  That would cut McArthurs' price by a couple of million AND encourage Whelan to sell.

Ya ya another dig at Wood...We need both.We have Wood move on then we will need to find another covering striker

So far we havent seen a forward willing to come, that is better, so why in hell start a stupid merry go around, we spent 10 years

swapping same o for same o and spending unwarranted extra money.

If we go for Mcarthur or anyone else it is to A D D to the squad, we are not in the position to decrease the Number of players.

Saw quite an interesting point about Fulham buying McCormack for £11m. Suggests they did it firstly because they could and secondly because they'd inflate the market for all other Championship clubs, pricing many out.

This is why parachute payments need to change.

If true, and I have no reason not to believe something written on an online forum with no source, then fvck them the cvnts, hope they get relegated.

Saw quite an interesting point about Fulham buying McCormack for £11m. Suggests they did it firstly because they could and secondly because they'd inflate the market for all other Championship clubs, pricing many out.

except of course that the unintended consequence is that it has inflated the value of their rivals'  squads - at a time when they are putting out a youth team and are bottom of the table with no really saleable playing assets the likes of Leeds are quoting 6 mill for Byram  whilst Deeney  and Rhodes will change hands for close to  the sort of transfer fees commanded by Balotelli

I'm uncomfortable with us signing 2 central midfield players on a permanent basis.

Clearly we need someone in quickly but I think the 4 we've got at the moment are all ok. Don't want too many cooks spoiling the broth.

Telling statement from Whelan. This from BBC website....

Leicester City have had an initial bid for midfielder James McArthur rejected by Wigan Athletic, but chairman Dave Whelan says he is open to considering improved offers for the player.

Whelan confirmed that the Latics have also turned down an approached for the Scotland international, 26, from another unnamed Premier League side.

"We need the right offer," Whelan told BBC Radio Leicester.

"I don't want to stop the lad from going into the Premier League."

Whelan continued: "What they offered was good, but not quite to our expectations.

"We have to get enough money to get the necessary replacement.

"There is bound to be more offers from other Premier League clubs or Leicester because he is such a tough, quality player."

Leicester's approach comes after Foxes boss Nigel Pearson said talks to bring in former Inter Milan captain Esteban Cambiasso have progressed.

Archived