Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

How Some people don't think that James McArthur would be a very good addition to our squad baffles me

A good addition to the squad yes. You have to think though he will play second fiddle to Drinkwater and James. That sort of cash is a lot of money to shell out for a bench warmer.

You then have to consider King and Hammond. They've been outstanding in both games this season. What sort of message does this send to the squad? Come in, play well and we'll sign replacements.

Doesn't sit well with me in terms of keeping the squad happy.

Pearson? The guy who was absolutely furious that details of the talks were revealed and called the leaker a ballonhead for it? If 'more hopeful' makes you think we've basically already signed him then you must be the kind of guy who can assume you have a guaranteed shag when a woman smiles at you.

Not sure where the relevance of 'shagging' fits in but there you go. My point is if this proposed 'transfer' is true, and let's face it nobody really knows what's actually going on, I my view we appear to be on plan C so given we were promoted to the Premier a good few weeks before last season even finished I think we have had plenty of time to get some deals done (other than the 3 we got in already). We now have 6 days left and to me (if true) this smacks of the Beckford factor - panic buying. My opinion and I'm entitled to it whether you want to twist it around with sexual connotation or not.

A good addition to the squad yes. You have to think though he will play second fiddle to Drinkwater and James. That sort of cash is a lot of money to shell out for a bench warmer.

You then have to consider King and Hammond. They've been outstanding in both games this season. What sort of message does this send to the squad? Come in, play well and we'll sign replacements.

Doesn't sit well with me in terms of keeping the squad happy.

But it could keep us in the Premier league. Hammond had to come off with cramps against Chelsea and there is no way he can play every week at that level.

We need depth and all the players will understand that. James has been slightly injury prone throughout his career so we cannot rely on him to play 36 more games.

Anything but GTF playing centre mid.....

Not sure where the relevance of 'shagging' fits in but there you go. My point is if this proposed 'transfer' is true, and let's face it nobody really knows what's actually going on, I my view we appear to be on plan C so given we were promoted to the Premier a good few weeks before last season even finished I think we have had plenty of time to get some deals done (other than the 3 we got in already). We now have 6 days left and to me (if true) this smacks of the Beckford factor - panic buying. My opinion and I'm entitled to it whether you want to twist it around with sexual connotation or not.

Yes you are, and yes I do. Always  lol

As I've said before, he is one of a few Championship midfielders I'd like to see at Leicester.

I'm glad we've made a bid, not surprised it's been rejected, I'd up it to £6 million anything more then I'm not quite sure.

As for people banging on about this kind of move unsettling the team, we currently have four central midfielders, as we've already seen injuries will occur & in the Prem depth is very important, majority of teams at least have 5-6 central midfield players. 

I'd go 6.5 million maximum. Think McArthur and Drinky would be our two starters, with James and King competing for the third spot. Can see Hammond warming the bench a lot if this goes through.

If we sign McArthur, we'll need probably two more players and then we'll be set IMO. Another striker and a utility man in defence, then I think we'll be good.

Do we really want to spend that much on a 26 y/o Championship midfielder who's only scored 11 goals since 2010?

Yes he is a good player, but I'd only spend £4m - £5m max. Aren't people calling for 'midfield cover'? Why would we spend that much for someone who's just gonna sit on the bench getting splinters in his arse

I see what you're saying, but we're going into the last week of the transfer window, we desperately need cover all over the team but clubs are going to be reluctant to sell anyone this close to the deadline, so prices will be inflated. In reality, yes he's only worth £4/5million, but £7/8 million may be what it takes to prise him away at this point. If we'd made an offer earlier in the summer, maybe things would be different.

The quote from Whelan sounds like he is ready to do business.

Wood to go in part-ex ?  We know that Wigan were keen and even though Nige has said that, "he's happy to stay to fight for his place", a deal to get a needed central midfielder in, might be more essential than a reserve striker - especially if there are other 'irons in the fire' up front (ie reported links with other strikers).  That would cut McArthurs' price by a couple of million AND encourage Whelan to sell.

If you're spending 5 million on a midfielder they have got to offer more than our current midfielders do, and from what I've seen he doesn't. So unless we have a long term injury we've not been told about this isn't a good move. For that money we should  be looking at an attacking midfielder or support striker to compete with Nugent.

some of you are crazy with prices!

A few weeks ago this would have been our record signing and you'd have been screaming blue murder.

some of you are crazy with prices!

A few weeks ago this would have been our record signing and you'd have been screaming blue murder.

Would you not agree that we are slightly more desperate for reinforcements than a few weeks ago? Not to mention the window shuts in less than a week.

Archived