Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

I'm sick of hearing this.

It was only wrong because it didn't work, people were saying the same shit against Arsenal but it worked fairly well then. So it's all very well with the benefit of hindsight coming on here and critisising it now.

Also, what the hell does it say to the players like King and Hammond who have performed brilliantly if you drop them? It says no matter how hard you train, no matter how well you play, you aren't going to play if x and x are fit. What brilliant man management that would be to completely demotivate every member of your squad outside the normal 11.

As it happens Pearson called it perfectly and can now integrate what most would perhaps consider our better player on merit or based on performances of others.

Secondly, the result had nothing to do with luck at all. Yes Stoke had lots of the ball, but they created almost no clear cut chances throughout the whole 90 minutes. The vast majority of their high shot count was from distance and barely troubled us. So luck had nothing to do with it, Stoke just not being very good around our box had everything yo do with it.

It was clear to me that Pearson got his tactics spot on yesterday.

I would assume that both Drinkwater and Cambiasso aren't at full fitness yet? It seemed to me that Nige played his fittest team from the start, hoping to soak up pressure, not concede, with a view to changing it at half time to make a real fist of it second half. I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly the game plan. Give Drinky and Cambiasso 45 minutes to make their mark, against a tiring opposition.

And it worked beautifully.

I would go on to say that I now expect Cambiasso and Drinkwater to probably start against the Red Devils. By then, I suspect they'll both be about ready.

Didn't his Mum go off on a rant about the Liverpool fans or something like that? I think he was just not up to their standard at all.

yeah she said it was a shit place and the fans were a bunch of nobs and neither the place, the team or the fans were deserving of having paul konchesky play there i think. not that clever really.

It was clear to me that Pearson got his tactics spot on yesterday.

I would assume that both Drinkwater and Cambiasso aren't at full fitness yet? It seemed to me that Nige played his fittest team from the start, hoping to soak up pressure, not concede, with a view to changing it at half time to make a real fist of it second half. I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly the game plan. Give Drinky and Cambiasso 45 minutes to make their mark, against a tiring opposition.

And it worked beautifully.

I would go on to say that I now expect Cambiasso and Drinkwater to probably start against the Red Devils. By then, I suspect they'll both be about ready.

Well Pearson certainly passed comment about 45 minutes for Cambiasso as being the perfect introduction to the premier league.

Something that has been pleasing so far is how quick we are learning this year.

Against Everton first half we were not great, second half we adapted and carried that into the Chelsea and Arsenal game. We adapted to playing the big teams.

Against Stoke, a completely different type of opponent to our first three games, we were poor first half. Second half, we again adapted, not completely but we realised how to compete against a mid/lower league team. Hopefully we can carry that into games against teams of a similar nature.

If we carry on learning this fast, we will be fine.

De Laet was immense yesterday I thought. I slated him 2 games in (deservedly), but also considered him a long way off Prem class. I was wrong there. Impressed - easily his best game this season for us.

I agree - his best match so far this season.

While I agree that DD and Cambiasso are our better players, there's a very good reason NP picked that team. Those players had done nothing to deserve being dropped. Had they been left out after performing so well, you can imagine how they'd react, and it would have put a dent in the team spirit.

As things stand, King and Hammond should agree it's fair enough if DD and Cambiasso start next week, and should be willing to work hard to get back in the team.

Had they just been dropped as soon as other players became available, despite playing superbly, I doubt they'd be motivated to do that, understandably.

Agreed. Should this apply to Kasper aswell though ?

I think tactics play a big part too, as opposed to playing players who just play better in a particular match. King and Hammond have been awsome in the first few games.

I'm sick of hearing this.

It was only wrong because it didn't work, people were saying the same shit against Arsenal but it worked fairly well then. So it's all very well with the benefit of hindsight coming on here and critisising it now.

Also, what the hell does it say to the players like King and Hammond who have performed brilliantly if you drop them? It says no matter how hard you train, no matter how well you play, you aren't going to play if x and x are fit. What brilliant man management that would be to completely demotivate every member of your squad outside the normal 11.

As it happens Pearson called it perfectly and can now integrate what most would perhaps consider our better player on merit or based on performances of others.

Secondly, the result had nothing to do with luck at all. Yes Stoke had lots of the ball, but they created almost no clear cut chances throughout the whole 90 minutes. The vast majority of their high shot count was from distance and barely troubled us. So luck had nothing to do with it, Stoke just not being very good around our box had everything yo do with it.

Away from home I would not go with the two wide men,if you had seen the first half,Kingy had a thankless job,hence why I said he got his tactics wrong.

If it was a case of Trying to get to half time with damage limitation, because of fitness levels of Cambassio and Drinkwater,then obviously Pearson had no choice.

did we pay a fee for hammond? just trying to work out how much our midfield + midfield subs cost compared to qpr's. 

so far i'm on king (youth), schlupp (youth), mahrez (400k), cambiasso (free), drinkwater (about 1 mill?) and hammond (???). 

vs qpr 

sandro (10 million), fer (8 million), kranjcar (loan), hoilett (apparently around 4 million pounds in compensation) & phillips (5 million). 

so i'm gonna assume we paid at most about 500k for hammond, anyone feel free to correct me, so the 6 midfielders we used yesterday cost no more than 2 million pounds. and the 5 qpr have used to far today cost nigh on 30 million. 

just a pointless (bored) comparison there. 

did we pay a fee for hammond? just trying to work out how much our midfield + midfield subs cost compared to qpr's. 

so far i'm on king (youth), schlupp (youth), mahrez (400k), cambiasso (free), drinkwater (about 1 mill?) and hammond (???). 

vs qpr 

sandro (10 million), fer (8 million), kranjcar (loan), hoilett (apparently around 4 million pounds in compensation) & phillips (5 million). 

so i'm gonna assume we paid at most about 500k for hammond, anyone feel free to correct me, so the 6 midfielders we used yesterday cost no more than 2 million pounds. and the 5 qpr have used to far today cost nigh on 30 million. 

just a pointless (bored) comparison there. 

So out of boredom you decided to compare the cost of our midfield with QPR's?  Why?  There are 18 other teams in the Premier League.

People on this forum need to get over the obsession with QPR. 

So out of boredom you decided to compare the cost of our midfield with QPR's?  Why?  There are 18 other teams in the Premier League.

People on this forum need to get over the obsession with QPR. 

cos dunno if you noticed but they played today. and got battered (again). and all the talk of last season and pre season this time around compared ourselves to them with everyone outside this board, including some on this board *cough col city cough* saying they were by far superior to begin with and after their INCREDIBLY GOOD AMAZING SUPERSTAR ARRY FANTASTIC transfer window they'd breeze this league and be looking back on us and burnley as we were already relegated come february with our players nobody had ever heard of. 

just thought it'd be interesting to see how good a wheeler dealer arry had been again this summer compared to the boring, not premier league class, journeyman that is nigel pearson. looking good so far. 

cos dunno if you noticed but they played today. and got battered (again). and all the talk of last season and pre season this time around compared ourselves to them with everyone outside this board, including some on this board *cough col city cough* saying they were by far superior to begin with and after their INCREDIBLY GOOD AMAZING SUPERSTAR ARRY FANTASTIC transfer window they'd breeze this league and be looking back on us and burnley as we were already relegated come february with our players nobody had ever heard of.

just thought it'd be interesting to see how good a wheeler dealer arry had been again this summer compared to the boring, not premier league class, journeyman that is nigel pearson. looking good so far.

Who said QPR were far superior to begin with? I said some of their signings were IMO decent signings? I can't believe people are STILL bringing this up now. Vicki is right. The obsession with QPR needs to stop. As far as I can see, they are nothing special at all and today were dreadful. I said weeks ago that IMO Redknapp needs to be very careful. Fernandes, I think, will only take so much shite and relegation will be disastrous this time round for them.

m8 u wot?

Simple buddy... QPR are just one team in the bottom half of the table. They have been 'done to death', especially Redknapp and his transfer dealings etc. Some info and views on the other teams would be refreshing. Eg. It looks as though West Brom are struggling, how on earth are Villa where they are? etc. The continued preoccupation with QPR really has got dull.

Archived