Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

Hamer - class, kept us in the game towards the end and completely bossed the box

Defence - class

Schlupp - lost

Hammond and King - put a shift in but must start Drinky and Cambiassoooooo

Nugent - hate slating our own players but not good enough again, Vardy and Ulloa from now on. Did it in the champ, won't do it in the prem unfortunately, might get 3-4 goals.

Not normally one to criticise Stoke but the brand of football they play is unbearable after watching that today. Absolutely shocking. Constantly lumping it in the box or to Crouch (who was on his arse half the game).

In fairness, first half they should've done better but they didn't have clear cut chances constantly so you deserve to be punished. We sorted ourselves out second half and played the ball on the deck much better than they could. Cambiasso showed signs of his class and that double sub at half time was instrumental in us taking the 3 points.

Great away win against a team who will do anything to win a game. We're the better footballing side. 

Expect to see Drinkwater, Cambiasso & Vardy start the next match. 

We were obviously off the pace first half, but getting to HT at nil nil was key. It was clear that the game was there for he taking as Stoke were also poor. Probably worst 45 mins of football in terms of skill we've see for a while.

Nige brought on his two big midfield guns and Stoke had no answer. We were never overrun and after scoring played out the game without much incident, until injury time. Indeed Drinky should have scored to make the score line more realistic.

We were not lucky, Stoke huffed and puffed but didn't create any dangerous situations until injury time. They never really worried Wes and Liam all game, a routine match for them, in which I thought they were both excellent. Moore's run at the end of the game was awesome.

I never worry about conceding corners because if the players do their jobs, we should be ok. We were helped by some pretty awful corner taking.

I've been to a lot more nerve racking 1-0 away wins, this was fairly relaxed. They started launching hail Mary's with 30 mins left, you could sense they were all going to fail.

Have to say Cambiasso is fantastic, what a capture. All the team put in shift, some played better than others, but it is team game and that's what we have at Leicester - really proud of the lads and much better feeling than leaving the ground six years ago!!

Kudos to Hughes for his post match comments. Despite him looking like my Uncle I've never really liked him! "But we can't have any complaints about their game-plan because we did the same at Manchester City a couple of weeks ago." good for you Sparky!

Pleased for Hamer, never easy being the back up keeper but he came in and did what was needed of him. Back four looked committed as well. Brilliant when you look at our bench and see no place for GTF, Powell, Lawrence, Albrighton, Upson, James, Simpson. Injuries or not we have some depth to the squad. Good old Nige!!

At least we now know Cambiasso can do it at Stoke away!

I know no one likes losing, but some of the comments from their fan base and even their official site are laughable.

I thought they were extremely lucky to beat Man City two weeks ago (despite obviously thinking 'well done Stoke') but, yes, I think we've been called every expletive under the sun in their analogy of our performance. Wow. Bitter much?

Has anyone mentioned that Liam Moore run in the second half yet?! It just epitomised not only his individual commitment but the spirit of the whole team that's got us where we are.

He's relishing being in The Prem and it's great to see.

It was the moment of the match for me (apart from the goal of course). Liam is going to play for England some day soon, and will be everything that Cashley Cole and Glen Johnson should have been. Wonderful run that should have ended in us being two up.

It was the moment of the match for me (apart from the goal of course). Liam is going to play for England some day soon, and will be everything that Cashley Cole and Glen Johnson should have been. Wonderful run that should have ended in us being two up.

Ah yes, "Cashley" Cole - the world class for a decade, Champions League winning, 100+ England capped, multiple FA Cup and league title winning "nearly man."

If only he'd fulfilled his promise, if only.

Archived