Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

What's exciting about this team is that they are going to get better and better. Moore is only 21 and he already looks like he's played in the Premiership for two seasons. Drinkwater and James will continue to get better with Cambiasso around them. Mahrez still has a lot to improve. Ulloa's confidence is probably sky high and we haven't even seen what Vardy can do yet.

Good times.

No...sorry I cannot let that go. What planet are you on? We are newly promoted without spending like a kid in a sweet shop and have achieved a great result. You need a reality check chap.

Agreed, thought this would be a hard game and at best, expected a point

No...sorry I cannot let that go. What planet are you on? We are newly promoted without spending like a kid in a sweet shop and have achieved a great result. You need a reality check chap.

Unabomber being a silly sausage, pal!

Although he might be right actually....

First half was shite but we noticeably got better when Camby and Drinky got into the game. Start those two and Vardy instead of Nugent and we'll start playing some proper stuff.

Just like I said at half time, we needed some class in the middle, and we got it.

Camby? a mate of yours? :-)

Must admit, I much prefer Premier league Konchesky to Championship Konchesky.....

Not much differenece. He was slated last season on so many occaisions and completely unjustly - the band wagon just rolled his way in a negative manner.  Wide players get more scrutiny because they are closer to the fans. Konch has been a great servant and although he isn't the best player he is a true professional. With the pacier Schlupp in front of him he can shaine a little more. I fully expect him to be replaced in January but I still have a great deal of admiration for him. 

Not much differenece. He was slated last season on so many occaisions and completely unjustly - the band wagon just rolled his way in a negative manner. Wide players get more scrutiny because they are closer to the fans. Konch has been a great servant and although he isn't the best player he is a true professional. With the pacier Schlupp in front of him he can shaine a little more. I fully expect him to be replaced in January but I still have a great deal of admiration for him.

This

Not much differenece. He was slated last season on so many occaisions and completely unjustly - the band wagon just rolled his way in a negative manner. Wide players get more scrutiny because they are closer to the fans. Konch has been a great servant and although he isn't the best player he is a true professional. With the pacier Schlupp in front of him he can shaine a little more. I fully expect him to be replaced in January but I still have a great deal of admiration for him.

I disagree.

I stood up for Konchesky for his defensive capabilities since he arrived. But his distribution has been terrible for quite a while and that made him a liability at times.

He would misplace way too many passes and put us on the back foot in some awful areas.

This season his passing had only been second to King. The silly balls and conceding possession in bad areas has been cut out. So that combined with his usual decent defending means he's had a great start to the season.

Just my opinion.

A win is a win. Can't take it away. Don't reckon many of our rivals will take 3 points away at Stoke. It's actually really really rare. Fantastic result. Not that many will get 2 from Everton and Arsenal, either.

One definite plus: our corner defending is clearly excellent! 

Archived