Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke Post Match Thread - 0 - 1

Ashley Cole - "not a good player, just quick."

Have a think about what you've just said, pull your pants up and have a lie down.

The last part of that is the biggest load of dross I've ever read on here. You can't be the best player in a certain position in world football by "default." Behave.

I don't want this thread about a great win to be ruined by another one of these debates, but since you'd rather have a Cole love fest than let it go...

Let's not try and pretend he was something he wasn't. He was never a particularly great footballer (extremely one footed, passing not the best, show him inside and he really struggled) he thrived in a league where pace is massively important. Compare him to someone like Philip Lahm (don't even try to argue he wasn't a far superior player to Cole) and you can see the difference. Lahm has been a truly world class footballer, Cole was a quick player who played to his strengths in a very good Chelsea team. That doesn't make him an amazing footballer. Great career though, no denying that. He made the most of what he had.

As it happens I said he wasn't the best left back in the world, but yeh misquoting me is fine too.

I usually like your posts Kitchandro but you are bang wrong on this.

Ashley Cole has easily been in the top 5 left backs in the world for the last decade.

Don't let his personality cloud your judgement. For years he was the only left back that could put Ronaldo in his pocket.

He has been one of the very few who could hold his head high for his performances for England.

His performance against Bayern in the champions league final a couple of years ago was unreal. For a left back to be the standout player on a stage like that is sensational. Incredible fitness and engine before despatching a penalty in the shootout.

He's not a Gary Neville 'made the best of his limited talent' type at all.

2 points off a champions league spot.  :ph34r:  :scarf:

Pearson OUT!!   ;)

Believe brother! :)

We've got nothing to be scared of.

This is true, weve played two of what will probably be the top 3 and performed well. Play and support without fear, we are Leicester City!

Has anyone mentioned that Liam Moore run in the second half yet?! It just epitomised not only his individual commitment but the spirit of the whole team that's got us where we are.

He's relishing being in The Prem and it's great to see.

That was incredible, mustve been absolutely shagged but managed to run it flat out all the way, credit to the lad, the manager and the fitness team :)

The character in this side never fails to amaze me. Nige has got these boys all playing for each other and seems to have created a bit of a siege mentality.

The job he has done to offload mercenaries like Beckford and Mills and replace them with young and hungry players with a fee older heads for experience should never be underestimated

Full credit to Pearson, has built a side that is playing as a team and makes its own luck.

Its fvcking good to support the City

:chant:  :scarf:  :appl:

It took us until the second half to get going as Nigel clearly picked the wrong starting 11.

It was obvious Cambiasso and Drinkwater should start. You can't have your best players on the bench and we could have been 2 or 3 down at half time.

They must start next week and I'd be looking to start Vardy as well.

Liam's Moore run 2nd half was outstanding. Our will to win is immense.

Our support 2nd half was outstanding and the Leonardo song is a real joy.

It took us until the second half to get going as Nigel clearly picked the wrong starting 11.

It was obvious Cambiasso and Drinkwater should start. You can't have your best players on the bench and we could have been 2 or 3 down at half time.

They must start next week and I'd be looking to start Vardy as well.

Liam's Moore run 2nd half was outstanding. Our will to win is immense.

Our support 2nd half was outstanding and the Leonardo song is a real joy.

While I agree that DD and Cambiasso are our better players, there's a very good reason NP picked that team. Those players had done nothing to deserve being dropped. Had they been left out after performing so well, you can imagine how they'd react, and it would have put a dent in the team spirit.

As things stand, King and Hammond should agree it's fair enough if DD and Cambiasso start next week, and should be willing to work hard to get back in the team.

Had they just been dropped as soon as other players became available, despite playing superbly, I doubt they'd be motivated to do that, understandably.

Played shit first half, better second, no way did we deserve to win though, but I would take shot performance 3 points over great performance and none

Do you really think this? For all their huff and puff and their cheating diving ways, Hamer made two saves right at the end of the match other than that our goal was not threatened.

Shots that go over the bar and just wide aka Crouch and Hammond for us second half do not even count as shots on target? It was a classic away performance hit them on the counter like they did at Man City.

Second half performance we deserved to win and we could have scored two more.

I just don't agree with your analysis at all? Were you even their? Oh Shawcross holding down Ulloa all game did not get penalised for it once and Crouch is just a moaning Freak.

While I agree that DD and Cambiasso are our better players, there's a very good reason NP picked that team. Those players had done nothing to deserve being dropped. Had they been left out after performing so well, you can imagine how they'd react, and it would have put a dent in the team spirit.

As things stand, King and Hammond should agree it's fair enough if DD and Cambiasso start next week, and should be willing to work hard to get back in the team.

Had they just been dropped as soon as other players became available, despite playing superbly, I doubt they'd be motivated to do that, understandably.

It'd be harsh on Hammond if he didn't start next week though, surely? He allowed DD and Cambiasso to play their game yesterday. 

Good win,though in fairness we were very lucky,the team selection was wrong,i know the players have done well in previous games...yet Nigel needs to be ruthless and pick his best 11.

The first half we were shockingly bad,Mahrez and Schlupp were basically ineffective, especially Mahrez as both players were doubled up almost soon as they got the ball.

It was no surprise Nigel changed it and thankfully he did it at half-time rather than with 20 minutes to go,Cambassio oozes class and what a debut...jeez how important a player he is going to be.

Thought Hamer was good,his distribution is poor,better off just booting down the middle than fancy kicks to the side that kept going out.

De Leat was hit and miss.

Kingy came in for some criticism,which did not warrant it...he was up against from the start,there midfield just ran through is because of the team selection.

As for the others they did there jobs,the defence has been outstanding..which will go a long way to keeping us up.

What's with all the grief and mocking that Konch gets on Twitter and other forums? Mostly seems to be Liverpool fans, ok he wasn't good enough for them but he didn't drain them of wages for years, left after half a season to drop down a division and has worked his way back up, and has taken a pay cut to stay with us.

Instead of being digged at all the time I'd say that shows a good professional.

Ashley Cole - "not a good player, just quick."

Have a think about what you've just said, pull your pants up and have a lie down.

The last part of that is the biggest load of dross I've ever read on here. You can't be the best player in a certain position in world football by "default." Behave.

He was the best simply because there was no one better than him rather than he was an absolutely outstanding player and I know that's how it works but to be the best in a position in my opinion you need to be complete and whilst he was very solid he wasn't at the same level as Lahm.

Good win,though in fairness we were very lucky,the team selection was wrong,i know the players have done well in previous games...yet Nigel needs to be ruthless and pick his best 11.

I'm sick of hearing this.

It was only wrong because it didn't work, people were saying the same shit against Arsenal but it worked fairly well then. So it's all very well with the benefit of hindsight coming on here and critisising it now.

Also, what the hell does it say to the players like King and Hammond who have performed brilliantly if you drop them? It says no matter how hard you train, no matter how well you play, you aren't going to play if x and x are fit. What brilliant man management that would be to completely demotivate every member of your squad outside the normal 11.

As it happens Pearson called it perfectly and can now integrate what most would perhaps consider our better player on merit or based on performances of others.

Secondly, the result had nothing to do with luck at all. Yes Stoke had lots of the ball, but they created almost no clear cut chances throughout the whole 90 minutes. The vast majority of their high shot count was from distance and barely troubled us. So luck had nothing to do with it, Stoke just not being very good around our box had everything yo do with it.

What's with all the grief and mocking that Konch gets on Twitter and other forums? Mostly seems to be Liverpool fans, ok he wasn't good enough for them but he didn't drain them of wages for years, left after half a season to drop down a division and has worked his way back up, and has taken a pay cut to stay with us.

Instead of being digged at all the time I'd say that shows a good professional.

Didn't his Mum go off on a rant about the Liverpool fans or something like that? I think he was just not up to their standard at all.

Archived