Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

I find the lack of effort claims baffling, such a cop out criticism because you can't think of anything else to say. Lack of quality yes but effort? Never.

Sunderland fans can claim lack of effort.

Great point. Im angry and frustrated at today but i'd not accuse that at all, we just lacked quality

Pearson missed a trick today,should have played an attacking side and gone for it,they were there for the taking,and I would have not been so pissed of if we had lost going for it.

Agreed. 4 away matches and just one good performance (Chelsea). Seems like Pearson tries to keep it at 0-0 'til half time, letting the home side have the majority possession, and then consider his options for the 2nd half. I think if we had seriously been on the offensive in the 1st half, the home crowd pressure on their team would have increased and that in itself would have lessened their threat. 

We really need to 'go for it' in the first half next week!

Anybody else think this was De Laet's fault? It would of been 0-0 and a point if he hadn't tried to dribble it round 3 players then fall over shooting in the left wing position. Newcastle immeditately broke, exploited the space where De Laet was supposed to be and scored..

I find the lack of effort claims baffling, such a cop out criticism because you can't think of anything else to say. Lack of quality yes but effort? Never.

Nah, Schlupp for example really does lack effort. I can say plenty of other things to criticise him, but I'm saying he lacks effort because he lacks effort.

Anybody else think this was De Laet's fault? It would of been 0-0 and a point if he hadn't tried to dribble it round 3 players then fall over shooting in the left wing position. Newcastle immeditately broke, exploited the space where De Laet was supposed to be and scored..

No and no. It's a team game and as a team we weren't good enough.

I don't know, I'm probably wrong but the effort that was put into the last 5-10 minutes was 10x the effort in the first 80 minutes. In my opinion. 

lol it's not totally his fault. You can't pin the whole match just on one player today, least of all RDL. There were players who played worse than him today.

Cambiasso, Schlupp, James, Ulloa - all poor. 

Nah, Schlupp for example really does lack effort. I can say plenty of other things to criticise him, but I'm saying he lacks effort because he lacks effort.

I wouldn't say he lacks effort. Skill, definitely but effort - he does at least move around. Gallagher - now there was a player who lacked effort.

Agreed. 4 away matches and just one good performance (Chelsea). Seems like Pearson tries to keep it at 0-0 'til half time, letting the home side have the majority possession, and then consider his options for the 2nd half. I think if we had seriously been on the offensive in the 1st half, the home crowd pressure on their team would have increased and that in itself would have lessened their threat. 

We really need to 'go for it' in the first half next week!

It's so infuriating how many people on here can see this and yet Pearson can't.

Wasn't there today but judging by their recent form (stretching back to last season) I have to agree that if we had played to at least 70% of our best we would have won. What makes it more frustrating is that we know we can perform a hell of a lot better. For me, Vardy and Nugent make a lot of difference, as does Mahrez. Without them we seem to lack that spark going forward.

I think, however, we are going to experience this kind of form this season. It seems there's a large collection of 'alright' teams in the league who won't find that consistency but can all beat each other. For me, as disappointing as today is, our home games are going to be vital. Burnley last week was more disappointing than this. I kind of thought we would lose today.

Hopefully we pick ourselves up for next week. I don't hold too much hope that we can pick many points up from our next two away games. They are very tough games. Saying that we will probably do the usual thing and somehow beat the better teams.

I also have no complaints about effort. There was plenty. But there was a lack of belief and ambition that was strange. Newcastle were really nervous, and if we gad scored first their crowd would have imploded. De Laet was caught in possession in a left wing position and noone was covering at right back, which was naive. Fo me Albrighton was weak and Mahrez is a total certainty to replace him next week. Nuge found some great space on the right but his delivery was woeful. Deep down I don't think he thinks he is quite good enough at this level. Vardy, however is, I think.

And stop feeling sorry for yourselves. I've got to get back to Hertfordshire.

Disappointing today. We have to press like hell in every game we play. We will stay up

You see, I don't agree with that at all.

We will be fine if Pearson and the players get their heads out of their arses and go back to doing what they do best.

That's why it's so frustrating. We're a far better side than both Newcastle and Burnley - Palace too probably. But we haven't turned up 3 games running. We know we're better than that.

ypur penultimate sentance is the one most worrying thing for me...we've not turned up to the last 3 games...why the fook not???

We can play well & take points off the top teams, but it's the teams who will be around us where we have to take points from, and so far in the last three games we haven't done that. 

First four games we were bloody brilliant, 4-4-1-1 formation, Hammond & King forming a good central midfield partnership, Nugent linking up with Ulloa well, Schlupp & Mahrez doing well on the wings. Then apart from Man Utd for some reason since Nigel has decided to change formation, last two away games we've played a 4-3-3 against Palace & looked woeful, & we play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 today & yet again look pretty poor. Burnley we just let the game slip, through silly errors. 

Why did Schlupp even start today? I don't get why fans are calling him shit all the time, because he hasn't done that bad this season, but he has just come back from international duty, Mercury reported he wasn't expected to arrive until early hours of this morning. Mahrez yes we missed him today, but even with him in the team, a jet-lagged Mahrez could of performed just as poorly as Schlupp today.

Also what has Andy King done wrong? Yet again apart from Man Utd, since we have dropped him back to the bench, we've looked shit. Fans can suck up to Drinkwater all they like, because he was player of the season last season, and Cambiasso because he is meant to be some sort of god, but since introducing them into the side in a starting role, we've taken 4 points from a possible 12 - not particularly great. King until he was dropped down to the bench, was one of our better players, it's time to reintroduce him. 

We need to give 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 another go, and reintroduce Andy King & see how we get on. 

I think we need to face up to the fact that we are really a very average team at this level. Our good start has flattered to deceive and now we are really seeing how far we have to go.

Our away form will see us relegated if this continues over the entire season. Our goal return away from home is utterly dismal. 1 goal in four games says it all really. We can't defend for 90 minutes against sides at this level and hope to come away with a positive result. 

Also there has to be some questions raised over our summer recruitment. Most of them don't appear to have added quality to the starting line up and are no better than the payers who got us promoted (Ulloa my be the exception to this).

Big improvement needed and quickly. We really need 4 points from the next two games.

Sorry, but doesnt our away form read 3 points from 4 games?   That would equate to about 15 points come the end of the season away from home.  I'd gladly take 15 away points this season if offered now.

I wouldn't say he lacks effort. Skill, definitely but effort - he does at least move around. Gallagher - now there was a player who lacked effort.

No - the difference between Schlupp and Gallagher is that Schlupp is quick and Gallagher is slow. That's what you men by 'move around'. He certainly doesn't go the extra mile, so to speak, to close players down and get in their faces. Most of the time he'll jog just behind them.

Schlupp is guilty of pulling out of challenges in every single game he plays. If he plays/starts again this season watch him and you will see this.

Konchesky had an absolute shocker today, no doubt.

But if it was up to me Schlupp would never get near our starting 11 again. Not only is he thick, dreadful footballer - he's the main culprit for pussying out of tackles and lacking effort.

I'm not ashamed to say I don't like him one bit, his attitude on the pitch is disgusting at times.

That is really a big problem. I think we lack the depth of substitutes in defence. Konch is awful, but I can't think of a reliable player to replace him.

I don't remember exactly but I'm sure de laet was only on left after initially doing well to break a counter attack up but took the ball to the left and it happened to quickly to cover.

James has to show obertan down the line but let's him cut in far to easy.

I think we need to face up to the fact that we are really a very average team at this level. Our good start has flattered to deceive and now we are really seeing how far we have to go.

We had a good start because we played to our strengths and played well. We deserved the points we got and we deserve the results we're getting now because we're underperforming.

If by 'average' you mean mid table/bottom half, then yeh we are. But we're certainly better than the last 3 results suggest.

Archived