Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Says Leicester top in my paper mate but i suppose well just agree to differ on Stringer

Papers are out of date the moment they are printed. Man City just needed to avoid defeat today to topple us.

Says Leicester top in my paper mate but i suppose well just agree to differ on Stringer

Yesterday we were - any result for either side in the Everton vs Man City game sees us in second.

Unfortunately so, no chance of convincing that egomaniac that he's shit.

Papers are out of date the moment they are printed. Man City just needed to avoid defeat today to topple us.

And if Everton won they'd have moved on to seven points and at least plus four GD, putting them first.

Only joined two minutes ago to find out what's going on in Bournemouth but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give my ten pence worth on this one while I wait for a reply! What's wrong with Ian Stringer, if you can't get to the match he's great to listen to and his enthusiasm is contagious. NP was my hero and you can't argue with what he did for us but at the end of the day after he'd gone, I lost all respect for him for sticking up for that prat of a son of his! Now we have CR and the jury is out . . . He hasn't done anything bad or anything particularly good for that matter but we're top of the league at the moment (Everton 0 Man City 0 so far) so nuff said !! Talked to MON whilst on holiday, thanked him for the fantastic job he did and noticed a little twinkle in his eye when asked if he might ever come back . . . . So CR does well, great, if not, bin him and by then MON should be just about ready to leave the Republic. . . Win, Win !!!

It wasn't worth ten pence. :rolleyes:

Yesterday we were - any result for either side in the Everton vs Man City game sees us in second.

Unfortunately so, no chance of convincing that egomaniac that he's shit.

And if Everton won they'd have moved on to seven points and at least plus four GD, putting them first.

I was trying to keep it simple for him. lol

I know we won't be but at the mo the games still on so we are still top ! And the point is that we'll have to wait to seen how good CR turns out to be .... I quite like him and he's growing on me .... In case you haven't guessed my glass is nearly always half full ...

I know we won't be but at the mo the games still on so we are still top ! And the point is that we'll have to wait to seen how good CR turns out to be .... I quite like him and he's growing on me .... In case you haven't guessed my glass is nearly always half full ...

There was no result today between Man City and Everton that would have kept us top.

22 man brawl + the bench/coaching staff resulting in the game being abandoned and both teams getting a points deduction? :dunno:

lol

Ok there was no plausible result that would have seen us stay top!

I do hope Skinner is not going to spend half the moan-in tonight trying to alert every Club in Europe that they should come in and sign Mahrez before the Window Closes.  Whilst every man and dog will know about Riyad by now, we do need #noboftheyear continuously discussing how much he is worth. 

I live in hope.

I do hope Skinner is not going to spend half the moan-in tonight trying to alert every Club in Europe that they should come in and sign Mahrez before the Window Closes.  Whilst every man and dog will know about Riyad by now, we do need #noboftheyear continuously discussing how much he is worth. 

I live in hope.

please don't tar my family name with that retard

I live in hope.

The majority of that is nonsense and wrong (Man City are top of the league), pure conjecture (no one knows that pearson stuck up for his son) but for the one bit that's actually connected to the topic - what's wrong with stringer is that if you can't make the match he's awful to listen to, talks utter shite, doesn't actually describe what goes on and leaves you with no clue.

Much the way I see it too - and especially about the commentating. 

And no-one's convinced me they know precisely why Pearson lost his job but the fans were specifically asked to "trust the club as to why" and I've absolutely no reason not to trust them on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

don't know if i should take this as sarcastic or not....

'Champions League dreams intact'

Leicester City 3-2 Aston Villa

d0e39745-8a39-43b9-bbc4-9952e31c2f4c.jpg

Ian Stringer

BBC Radio Leicester Sport

Posted at09:55
582885a4-7eb0-44c6-9bba-9fe07a8cea8c.jpg
Getty Images

It’s said that the game is all about players and when they cross the white line the manager’s job is done. Not yesterday. Leicestermanager  Claudio Ranieri made changes, and effective ones.

At 2-0 down with 70 minutes played, Leicester’s Champions League hopes looked to be fizzling out. But the incredible comeback ensured second place is theirs and school playgrounds will be full of kids crowing that ‘City are seven points ahead of Chelsea’.

I think his bosses may have had a word, too - I heard no mention of sandwiches/pies/hot beverages on Sunday.

Mind you, at 2-0 down he was talking about the game being our first defeat, like it was a fait accompli.

I think his bosses may have had a word, too - I heard no mention of sandwiches/pies/hot beverages on Sunday.

Mind you, at 2-0 down he was talking about the game being our first defeat, like it was a fait accompli.

To be quite honest, I think most of the ground were probably thinking that. I thought we were buried at 2-0. You cant really blame him.

To be quite honest, I think most of the ground were probably thinking that. I thought we were buried at 2-0. You cant really blame him.

Agree I texted my son saying has the bubble burst and he replied too early for that, he was right.

Archived