Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

For those who need to listen,we are the 3pm match on 5 live tomorrow.

Even tho' they give scores and summaries from around the country the commentators manage to convey the state of the game,even where the ball is on the pitch.

For those who need to listen,we are the 3pm match on 5 live tomorrow.

Even tho' they give scores and summaries from around the country the commentators manage to convey the state of the game,even where the ball is on the pitch.

:nigel:

Cracking first caller after the game.

What did you think of today's game? Brilliant just brilliant, well not that good really.

What about the atmosphere at the ground? I wasn't at the ground I was on my allotment.

Banter..................

He celebrated like Wes had scored, he does my head in sometimes.

Sometimes I think he forgets he's actually broadcasting on the radio and lapses into 'sitting next to your mate at the match mode'. Which like you pointed out can be hard to ascertain what is actually going on.

Only joined two minutes ago to find out what's going on in Bournemouth but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give my ten pence worth on this one while I wait for a reply! What's wrong with Ian Stringer, if you can't get to the match he's great to listen to and his enthusiasm is contagious. NP was my hero and you can't argue with what he did for us but at the end of the day after he'd gone, I lost all respect for him for sticking up for that prat of a son of his! Now we have CR and the jury is out . . . He hasn't done anything bad or anything particularly good for that matter but we're top of the league at the moment (Everton 0 Man City 0 so far) so nuff said !! Talked to MON whilst on holiday, thanked him for the fantastic job he did and noticed a little twinkle in his eye when asked if he might ever come back . . . . So CR does well, great, if not, bin him and by then MON should be just about ready to leave the Republic. . . Win, Win !!!

Only joined two minutes ago to find out what's going on in Bournemouth but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give my ten pence worth on this one while I wait for a reply! What's wrong with Ian Stringer, if you can't get to the match he's great to listen to and his enthusiasm is contagious. NP was my hero and you can't argue with what he did for us but at the end of the day after he'd gone, I lost all respect for him for sticking up for that prat of a son of his! Now we have CR and the jury is out . . . He hasn't done anything bad or anything particularly good for that matter but we're top of the league at the moment (Everton 0 Man City 0 so far) so nuff said !! Talked to MON whilst on holiday, thanked him for the fantastic job he did and noticed a little twinkle in his eye when asked if he might ever come back . . . . So CR does well, great, if not, bin him and by then MON should be just about ready to leave the Republic. . . Win, Win !!!

Your argument that Stringer is brilliant is so compelling that your post about it turned into some weird rant about Pearson, Ranieri and O'Neill.

If you actually think he's good at his job then I'm assuming you're either the man himself, his best mate Jason Bourne or his mum.

The majority of that is nonsense and wrong (Man City are top of the league), pure conjecture (no one knows that pearson stuck up for his son) but for the one bit that's actually connected to the topic - what's wrong with stringer is that if you can't make the match he's awful to listen to, talks utter shite, doesn't actually describe what goes on and leaves you with no clue.

I wouldn't say he is great to listen to, he's the only option if you have to listen to the wireless and have no internet access to watch a stream of the game.

With regards to 'Now we have CR and the jury is out . . . He hasn't done anything bad or anything particularly good for that matter' the only response could be a phrase or two from your hero Pearson.

:nigel:

Archived