Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Agree I texted my son saying has the bubble burst and he replied too early for that, he was right.

I guess we need more faith! Scoring 3 in the last 20 minutes though was so unlikely. Just shows what we can do when we put our minds (and pace) to it.

I guess we need more faith! Scoring 3 in the last 20 minutes though was so unlikely. Just shows what we can do when we put our minds (and pace) to it.

When you've watched them **** it up as many times as I have it's hard to just rely on faith I gave up hope years ago. now I just naturally assume the worst so I'm never again disappointed.

When you've watched them **** it up as many times as I have it's hard to just rely on faith I gave up hope years ago. now I just naturally assume the worst so I'm never again disappointed.

Got to admit that we were the same and were consoling ourselves with the fact that cus it was late on a Sunday it would only fvck a small part of our weekend up ...

But for the last few years we've been most dangerous after conceding and when was the last team to beat us by three goals.

We had 30 minutes left!

We are Leicester and just completed the impossible great escape. How could you lose faith.

You are all forgiven.

I think like that when I'm gambling GBU but always come out with an empty pocket

don't know if i should take this as sarcastic or not....

'Champions League dreams intact'

Leicester City 3-2 Aston Villa

d0e39745-8a39-43b9-bbc4-9952e31c2f4c.jpg

Ian Stringer

BBC Radio Leicester Sport

Posted at09:55

582885a4-7eb0-44c6-9bba-9fe07a8cea8c.jpg

Getty Images

It’s said that the game is all about players and when they cross the white line the manager’s job is done. Not yesterday. Leicestermanager Claudio Ranieri made changes, and effective ones.

At 2-0 down with 70 minutes played, Leicester’s Champions League hopes looked to be fizzling out. But the incredible comeback ensured second place is theirs and school playgrounds will be full of kids crowing that ‘City are seven points ahead of Chelsea’.

Hilarious how he played the Champions League theme tune at the top of the moan-in today. It was ridiculous but great.

Ignoring the obvious issues regarding him, the station, and the club, I actually think he's a decent local radio commentator, but the first 15 mins of the phone-in are a waste of time. I'm all for reliving the game but the goals ended up being played twice and it seemed like ages before Matty was able to give us any real analysis.

I really looked forward to the show after watching the game yesterday but apart from the tongue-in-cheek CL theme tune, it was rather flat.

Hilarious how he played the Champions League theme tune at the top of the moan-in today. It was ridiculous but great.

Ignoring the obvious issues regarding him, the station, and the club, I actually think he's a decent local radio commentator, but the first 15 mins of the phone-in are a waste of time. I'm all for reliving the game but the goals ended up being played twice and it seemed like ages before Matty was able to give us any real analysis.

I really looked forward to the show after watching the game yesterday but apart from the tongue-in-cheek CL theme tune, it was rather flat.

Didn't hear tonight's moan in. But natty elliott has never given any insight.

Fence sitting yes.

I'm not too old to forget the beginning of the Peter Taylor full season where we sat on top of the prem and Martin George made a joke about the champions league. Everton came to filbert street and an ageing Gascogne ran the show. We never retained top spot and the following season Taylor was sacked and we were relegated.

let's not forget who we are and that it takes more than a few months to go from a team languishing at the foot of the table to one which can challenge for the top 6. Of course it's tongue in cheek but the players and staff mustn't get complacent.

I'm not too old to forget the beginning of the Peter Taylor full season where we sat on top of the prem and Martin George made a joke about the champions league. Everton came to filbert street and an ageing Gascogne ran the show. We never retained top spot and the following season Taylor was sacked and we were relegated.

let's not forget who we are and that it takes more than a few months to go from a team languishing at the foot of the table to one which can challenge for the top 6. Of course it's tongue in cheek but the players and staff mustn't get complacent.

Shut........ up!

Stop comparing Peter Taylor and his awesome buys with this set up.

Also "I'm not too old to forget the beginning of the Peter Taylor full season" makes no sense! like your whole post, I think you meant to say I'm old enough to remember those days.  :huh: 

In fairness though; I think this is a squad that it is possible to have faith in. :D

In fairness though; I think this is a squad that it is possible to have faith in. :D

Maybe,  too early to say we're  still riding on last season's  momentum  and CR hasn't  fully  integrated  himself, his staff and his tactics yet.

I'm past counting chickens so will just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Maybe,  too early to say we're  still riding on last season's  momentum  and CR hasn't  fully  integrated  himself, his staff and his tactics yet.

I'm past counting chickens so will just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Until we start getting clean sheets here and there I won't be getting too carried away either, let's not forget we got a big helping hand from tactics Tim deciding to bring on two forwards at 2-0 up.  It's great we're scoring so many goals but you can't help feeling a better team - or even just one with a more competent manager - would have sewn the match up at that point by getting men behind the ball instead of in front of it.

That said I do also believe we already have the right components to fix that with Kanté, who relieves so much pressure on the defence, and all the players who saw us to 5 clean sheets in the last 6 matches of last season.  I think Kanté could even be so good that we won't have to revert to the back 3 that served us so well in that regard either, we'll have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived