Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

If he doesn't change the tactics and either flood the midfield or at least get one guy to hang back and protect our defence not really venturing forward then we are doomed to concede loads pretty much every game

No surprise 3 midfielders scored today with both our midfielders up & down the while pitch and no one covering

Nige, stop the two up front or at least turn one CM into a CDM

Anyone else find it strange that with 10 men, he only used one substitution over the whole match? Surely when down to 10 you need fresh legs and energy to close the gaps that have emerged from the sending off, before the space can be used by the opposition. Obviously, the bench isn't exactly strong, but is that not something Pearson should have sorted out in the summer. We are relatively injury free after all - yes we have a few out - but what do you expect over the course of a season? I'm not sure 4-4-2 is the way forward really, either. 

Interesting that NP is now the favourite manager in the PL to be sacked (SkyBet)

If he doesn't change the tactics and either flood the midfield or at least get one guy to hang back and protect our defence not really venturing forward then we are doomed to concede loads pretty much every game

No surprise 3 midfielders scored today with both our midfielders up & down the while pitch and no one covering

Nige, stop the two up front or at least turn one CM into a CDM

:thumbup:

Been with Pearson all season but playing 4-4-2 with this squad and in this League is suicidal in my opinion. 

But we were moaning about being over defensive (myself included) 4 games ago.  We lost tonight due to poor choices by our captain and keeper.  They did not have to stamp their quality on the game to win it. They were bang average like we were but we gifted the game to them.

I would rather see us set up to win a game rather than to not lose/keep the scores down.  We had a good enough go tonight but we are just not good enough and have too many liabilities at this higher level of football in the team.  4-4-2 is our best option with the players we have at the moment.

"I had a spat with a fan towards the end. I don't know what they are looking at at times. If they cannot see the players are having a proper go maybe they need to stay at home. The players are giving everything. I will always look for the positives. It is very easy for people to look at what we are not good at.

"I don't like the commitment of my players being questioned. If they honestly think they are not committed, they are very wrong. Maybe that is why I stay in the stand."

Even if he thinks every player is 100% committed, does he understand that sometimes commitment is not enough? Quality players are also important, and some form of tactical plan that can be altered to suit the game and situation would probably help too... 

Looking only at the positives won't help either, there are some serious problems that need addressing ASAP

The owners have a tuff call, Nigel needs the transfer window to strengthen his squad to turn round our form (but if he doesn't then its a big mistake). But if we get a new manager, they will need the window to bring in their own players. Therefore they need to make a decision now for how Pearson will be performing after January.

Pearson has spent 3 years building this squad to the way he plays football, the players showed today they will give everything for him. Give him the window and back him, and give him the rest of the season to show he can keep us up. The results he got at the start of the year should earn him that

If he sits in the stands, that's fine. It worked last season and I understand the rationale.

My problem is when he comes down to the side of the pitch. Why does he do that? He must think that by going down there that he has a better influence on what is happening on the pitch. If that's the case, why is he not down there for the entire game?

Do one or the other, not both.

I want him gone, unfortunately for our fairytale.

I like the idea of keeping faith with Pearson and him turning it around but I prefer the idea of us staying in the Premier League, at whatever cost.

What a comedy of errors today. Well I have to say comedy to keep from crying.

Sorry all but he has to go. Respect him for everything he has done for the club, but it is about time.

It is him who picks the squad. (Does not pick itself).

It was him who felt he only needed a few new personnel last summer. (Apparently it appears he got that wrong. Can't imagine many more nay sayers on that point now). I don't honestly know if he is being truthful when he says that he believes that the squad is good enough at this level.

After the Burnley game he spouted that Burnley are not as good as they were last season.

Is that another problem now with NP that he cannot even see when we are actaully playing worse. Not beaten in 4 games. Nigel what is out record since the Burnley game?

He is in charge of the coaching staff. (Where are the defending coaches? Today 3 goals from Liverpool midfielders with no one marking them coming in. Nigel was a defenfer. Looks as tough he couldn't organise a bunk up in a brothel). Aweful marking. We cannot zone mark, full stop.

I am sorry buy I could go on and on.

I for one don't know if any other manger can get anything out of these players, but I think it is worth a try.

Maybe Nigel can go work with the development teams. He is very good at that.

But manager of Leicester City a Premier league team I think not. Well not anymore sadly.

I also think whomever is in charge come January it will be hard to convince players to come to Leicester given our crisis.

And yes, now it is a crisis.

Take care everybody

But we were moaning about being over defensive (myself included) 4 games ago.  We lost tonight due to poor choices by our captain and keeper.  They did not have to stamp their quality on the game to win it. They were bang average like we were but we gifted the game to them.

I would rather see us set up to win a game rather than to not lose/keep the scores down.  We had a good enough go tonight but we are just not good enough and have too many liabilities at this higher level of football in the team.  4-4-2 is our best option with the players we have at the moment.

Against lesser sides maybe. Against quality teams I can't see how being outnumbered in central midfield makes any sense.

The owners have a tuff call, Nigel needs the transfer window to strengthen his squad to turn round our form (but if he doesn't then its a big mistake). But if we get a new manager, they will need the window to bring in their own players. Therefore they need to make a decision now for how Pearson will be performing after January.

Pearson has spent 3 years building this squad to the way he plays football, the players showed today they will give everything for him. Give him the window and back him, and give him the rest of the season to show he can keep us up. The results he got at the start of the year should earn him that

Great quote but sadly they are not quite good enough at this level and he does not see that, obviously. After 3 years of developing a squad that is not good enough? We won't 3 years in the Premiership to develop another squad to compete. But I do agree would be nice to see him suceed but i donot think we have the time mate.

Give him the window and back him, and give him the rest of the season to show he can keep us up. The results he got at the start of the year should earn him that

The PL doesn't quite work like that I'm afraid. Sadly, it's a short term business - wins against Man Utd mean nothing when followed a few months later with defeat to QPR. It's very much about doing well against the teams that matter at the times that matter.

The Christmas period of fixtures can be an excellent period for teams who have found form, and a horrible period for those teams who have not. With so many fixtures, teams can find themselves cut adrift from those around them - both in the races for the title, CL spots and survival.  

If we stick with NP no matter what, and give him the window, will he use it? He had the whole summer, and did basically f**** all. And from all accounts, he seems to think the quality and commitment in the current squad is sufficient, but that things simply 'aren't quite working out for us' atm.

If we are to get a new manager in, it needs to be done before Christmas. A few weeks to assess the squad in training and getting to know them, and then using the whole transfer window. And whether it is NP or someone else, in January he must be ruthless. No sentimentality, no pleasing friends. Just doing the best for the long term future of the club.

There are those who seem to think that sticking with NP no matter what is the solution. We can always come back next year, win the Championship again and be better prepared next time around. I'm sorry, but no. 1) The championship is a ridiculously hard league to get out of. 2) We would lose all our good players and would have to rebuild. 3) I remember the same being said about Blackpool when they were relegated from the PL. "They play great stuff" "It's refreshing" "Holloway is fantastic" "They'll be back with better players and the experience to deal with the PL" I'm sorry. They didn't come back. They don't play good football. They don't have good players. They have no PL experience. And look at them now.

I hate to criticise Nigel, but there were some strange tactics tonight.....

Firstly we lose our main centre half at 2-1 down and we have liam moore on the bench, bring him on? No move konchesky into centre half, let another goal in, bring him on? No move schlupp into centre half?

Only bringing one sub on when playing with ten men full stop.

What a comedy of errors today. Well I have to say comedy to keep from crying.

Sorry all but he has to go. Respect him for everything he has done for the club, but it is about time.

It is him who picks the squad. (Does not pick itself).

It was him who felt he only needed a few new personnel last summer. (Apparently it appears he got that wrong. Can't imagine many more nay sayers on that point now). I don't honestly know if he is being truthful when he says that he believes that the squad is good enough at this level.

After the Burnley game he spouted that Burnley are not as good as they were last season.

Is that another problem now with NP that he cannot even see when we are actaully playing worse. Not beaten in 4 games. Nigel what is out record since the Burnley game?

He is in charge of the coaching staff. (Where are the defending coaches? Today 3 goals from Liverpool midfielders with no one marking them coming in. Nigel was a defenfer. Looks as tough he couldn't organise a bunk up in a brothel). Aweful marking. We cannot zone mark, full stop.

I am sorry buy I could go on and on.

I for one don't know if any other manger can get anything out of these players, but I think it is worth a try.

Maybe Nigel can go work with the development teams. He is very good at that.

But manager of Leicester City a Premier league team I think not. Well not anymore sadly.

I also think whomever is in charge come January it will be hard to convince players to come to Leicester given our crisis.

And yes, now it is a crisis.

Take care everybody

Top post.

I hate to criticise Nigel, but there were some strange tactics tonight.....

Firstly we lose our main centre half at 2-1 down and we have liam moore on the bench, bring him on? No move konchesky into centre half, let another goal in, bring him on? No move schlupp into centre half?

Only bringing one sub on when playing with ten men full stop.

Probably decided to do that as Knockesky has at least Premiership experience and knowledge to position the back 3, if Moore had come on we would have had Was, Moore and Schlupp at the back that would have had almost no experience between them all

But that didn't do anything for us 20 months ago. That isn't an important thing by any stretch of the imagination - what is important is that he gets the tactics right, and if he sees the game better from up in the stands, I'd rather that.

Clearly he doesn't get tactics right though...well at least not according to the masses who frequent FT even last season people were critical at times... he needs to get his arse on the touchline and stop pretending he's some tactical mastermind cos that he aint!!

Archived