Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

when he's fired I will personally drive him round to Stuart Pearce's house for their victory dinner

mission accomplished suckers

I bet you were one of the smarties shouting abuse at him near the touchline towards the end of the game.

I bet you were one of the smarties shouting abuse at him near the touchline towards the end of the game.

chill out alex i vowed after the watford playoff away leg never to spend another penny with the club while he was involved.

Some NP out fans are brainwashed by the mentality that a loss of form has to result in a sacking at management level. Form is temporary but history shows that the most successful teams in the premier league are those that stick by a manager long term. Go with pulis (the only name ive heard spouted) and you'll get dour,defensive tactics, more hoofball, no chance of winning anything and a whole lot of ego from the merchandise man.

You make an excellent case but the lasting concern for me is that this is the second time Pearson's been involved in a long run of "bad luck" and yet again he seems caught in the headlights.

He's stops being the convincing manager he appears to be and seems like the man full of doubt that I believe him to be. Why? Because he doesn't have a committed philosophy and he doesn't have a truly tactical or convincing mind.

It shows in the increasing hesitancy of his interviews when under pressure. He stutters, restarts even more of his sentences, gets testy and so many more idiocyncracies.

With the real tacticians and philosophers there's no self-doubt. Even in a crisis their self-belief shines through.

Pearson's uncertainty shows just the same in his constant tinkering with the team. He might have righted one problem but, because he's changed another aspect, he never knows for sure. 

But most glaring is our basics and our lack of genuine threat from set-pieces. That requires cunning and perseverance but we show no evidence of benefitting from either.

Basically a really good manager will squeeze results out of any half-decent bunch of players and ours are at least that. We've done it in the past.

But not now and that shows Pearson can't cope with a lowering of confidence in himself because he can't stop it affecting others nor can he stop making the changes which lower the confidence levels still further.

We need to develop our own philosophy and to make it work without noticeable weaknesses. It's that simple.

And we need to be lead by someone who knows where he's going.    

Pearson is intelligent enough to adapt that frame of mind he just isn't showing it right now and if he doesn't start showing it immediately then he and we might as well move on. Because he won't get out of the kind of slump we suffered two years ago - not in The Premiership. 

Doubt is like a raincloud. It drains the joy out of everything. 

Food for thought and I partly agree with you, though I've not studied Pearson's interviews so can't comment on that.

The "long run of bad luck" did indeed happen before, though the overall performances were a lot poorer back then, as I recall. The consistent "bad luck" certainly needs to stop some time soon, though, or it ceases to be "bad luck" and becomes "bad performance". I didn't get a sense of any loss of confidence among the players tonight, though. Frustration, yes, but utter commitment and no dropping of heads.

I agree that NP has chopped and changed his tactics and philosophy a lot this season - more than I'd have liked, but what do I know, compared to a senior professional? Maybe he wanted to try different philosophies/tactics for different opponents - or maybe he wasn't sure which philosophy/tactics best suited his team at this level? The last 3 games have shown more consistency, though, and quite a different philosophy/tactics from the previous half a dozen games: 4-4-2; wide players; mixture of more direct football and midfield passing; Cambiasso & James as CM pairing; Ulloa dropping deeper & Vardy as a central striker. I'm not sure that I agree with all of that. I could see a role for your mate Mr. King as a 3rd central midfielder, so as to retain possession better....but then do we lose one of the strikers or a wide player? Maybe, though, that is "our own philosophy" that you refer to - and the players now need to eliminate the "noticeable weaknesses"? It'll be interesting to see if he keeps to that format at Villa (assuming he's still here, which I hope he is). 

The philosophy/tactics that he has deployed in the last 3 matches has led to us creating a lot more chances (and conceding more chances, too), but our lack of points from those matches has been down to a combination of poor defending and poor finishing....on the balance of play, with the philosophy/tactics deployed, we would have had about 5 points from those matches, not 1, had it not been for those errors by the players. If anything, NP is more vulnerable to criticism for his summer squad selection and training than for his philosophy/tactics, at least recently.

I completely agree with your point about set pieces. What the hell do we do to practice set pieces on the training ground, as we're consistently hopeless! There's little variety with corners and not enough movement/players attacking the ball - and our free-kicks are just as bad. After Mahrez' & James' efforts tonight, I found myself longing for Paul Gallagher!  :xmasohmy: We never look like scoring from a set piece and the odd goal from them can make all the difference, when margins are so fine.

Oh and Alf Bentley no such thing as what if especially in football it's the score after 90 minutes that counts.

As I said myself, we can't keep on "being unlucky", as that adds up to a season of failure. Too many defeats after 90 mins = relegation, obviously.....unless you consider it a failure to ever lose a match, in which case you're in for a disappointing life.

Chelsea failed to win at Sunderland after 90 mins on Saturday, so does that make them utter failures?

Until such time as we're hopelessly adrift (and we aren't) "what ifs" DO matter: there's a big difference between being narrowly bottom while losing matches by fine margins and being in the situation that Derby were in a few years back (or Blackpool in the Championship now), well adrift and showing no sign that you can turn things round.

If we keep making the errors that we are currently, lots of 90 minutes are going to add up to a relegation season. Take a few chances, make a few less errors, threaten occasionally at set pieces and the 90-minute defeats so far can be meaningless as we still have ample scope to move up the league and avoid relegation.

I hate to criticise Nigel, but there were some strange tactics tonight.....

Firstly we lose our main centre half at 2-1 down and we have liam moore on the bench, bring him on? No move konchesky into centre half, let another goal in, bring him on? No move schlupp into centre half?

Only bringing one sub on when playing with ten men full stop.

Because we was chasing the game, why waste a sub taking off a left back for a centr back when he is comfortable playing at centre back? We could of needed that sub come the last ten minutes

I hate to criticise Nigel, but there were some strange tactics tonight.....

Firstly we lose our main centre half at 2-1 down and we have liam moore on the bench, bring him on? No move konchesky into centre half, let another goal in, bring him on? No move schlupp into centre half?

Only bringing one sub on when playing with ten men full stop.

Move schlupp to centre back because we was chasing the game again.

Agree about the only using one sub though, he had Wood ready to bring on.

Hats off to him for staying attacking though when we went down to ten men, that is so not Pearson.

Thought it was strange sending Kasper up for corners when we needed to goals and never win the first header from a corner!

Enough is enough tonight was a total embarrassment....suspect Sunday will be as well and again on TV for the world to see.

1) Serious lack of process and communication between that arrogant d1ck sat in the stands and the touch line.

2) Arrogance beyond belief 'an altercation with fans' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30304343

3) Inability to manage big names and attract the right sort of players.

3) Woefully inept tactics.

4) Ulloa utter crap and one dimensional.

5) Morgan a championship defender at best and has been exposed, with him as captain and 'first name on the team sheet' we are ****ed.

6) Calamity Kasper, way too many mistakes and believes his own hype.

7) There is never ever a plan B.

......but the players try hard so you are an un-loyal supporter if you criticise and want a change  :dunno:

Enough is enough tonight was a total embarrassment....suspect Sunday will be as well and again on TV for the world to see.

1) Serious lack of process and communication between that arrogant d1ck sat in the stands and the touch line.

2) Arrogance beyond belief 'an altercation with fans' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30304343

5) Morgan a championship defender at best and has been exposed, with him as captain and 'first name on the team sheet' we are ****ed.

......but the players try hard so you are an un-loyal supporter if you criticise and want a change :dunno:

1. ?

2. Not bothered about the man in the stand. Most don't have a clue about how to put a team of people together, work within a budget etc.

3. Tried varied tactics all season to try and get it right. People would have said he doesn't change the system if h had stuck to one formula.

3. Manage big players - succesfully managed disruptive players out and getting on very well with our biggest signing Canbiasso

4. Ulloah - good player, but is he one that isn't strong in s struggling team? Great early on.

5. Morgan, been okay like the others.

6. Agree.

7. This plan b crap makes me laugh. He has changed tactics all season. He has what he has at his disposal.

Basically we not good enough as a group, need a few players at the next level. But we are certainly not broken, we have a decent group and it is vital we keep this in case we go down. Could buy trouble and end up doing a Wigan, Bolton, Wolves etc etc

Personally I thought we did ok again I blame Morgan for being so stupid and costing us the game we were still in it at 2-1 might do us good for him to be out for a while. Pearson can't put the ball in a open net for the team he's not to blame for last night.

I always thought Villa was the bigger game and with them winning last night it now turns into a season defining game imo,a win away will be huge and its possible.A win there and it will change our attitude ongoing.

Have we been outplayed completely this season?genuine question.We have not been slaughtered.Yes,we have made school boy errors which you can't do in the Premiership and one of my criticisms of NP ,was he was willing to give the Championship winning side a go at the big time ,which might have been a poor bit of management but taking my rose tinted glasses off.can we really attract very high quality players to Leicester even with the money that was being talked about being available( might have been just gossip)we might have been turned down by lots of players.

we are all a bit emotional at the moment,we have come from a record breaking season,massive highs,a decent start and then started getting results that are alien to us,I don't know what the answer is,it was never going to be easy.Changing managers can go both ways too and takes time,which we have at the moment.

Knee jerk reactions when things do not go your way in football are commonplace,I don't think that time is yet.

Positives,3 goals in 2 games is going in the right direction compaired to where we were this time last week.Lets back the team,I'm going to Villa Sunday( I don't get to many) but I want to sing my heart out and get behind the whole squad its an important 90 mins and they need us to be vocal in a positive way.

The effort shown by the team last night, especially after we had a man sent off makes me think that them players are playing for Nige and want him to stay. If we lose on Sunday I think it's game over for Nige but I really hope he can turn things around.

2) Arrogance beyond belief 'an altercation with fans' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30304343

......but the players try hard so you are an un-loyal supporter if you criticise and want a change  :dunno:

bang on mate . i think we have been conned by pearson and the owners expecting this shower to stay in the premier .should have pushed the boat out and got some big name signings . but no we give crap like nugent and rdl new contracts totally pissed off with this rubbish and if i want to have a go i will. so you stay at home pearson and give somebody who knows what they are doing a go and maybe then we will survive so friggin angry at the minute RANT OVER

bang on mate . i think we have been conned by pearson and the owners expecting this shower to stay in the premier .should have pushed the boat out and got some big name signings . but no we give crap like nugent and rdl new contracts totally pissed off with this rubbish and if i want to have a go i will. so you stay at home pearson and give somebody who knows what they are doing a go and maybe then we will survive so friggin angry at the minute RANT OVER

Were they a "shower" when we won the Championship last season?

I'm wondering if it's a bit deeper than Pearson's possible inability to structure and plan a team for a Premier League match. what if it's the coaching staff, aside from NP that are not good enough? It seems we struggle to make decent set-plays and aren't finishing at the moment. Surely that's a coaching issue rather than a managerial one?

Also, the PL teams have all now had a chance to look at Optima and watch videos of our play and can now suss us out and target our weak areas, of which there are many.

In a nutshell I don't thinl NP should go but someone needs to address the coaching staff.

Yeah, that's right, lets do what QPR, Pompey, Bolton did, and spend an unsustainable amount risking the future of the club just because some people like yourself want to see 'big names'. Sod the money, we'll worry about that later when you end up in administration with no players and in free-fall through the divisions. Besides if its big names you want, we have one of the biggest. 

No point Pearson going in my opinion. However, because of one or two fans last night, I think unless we get some good results in the next 4-5 games, the whole vibe around the club will turn to shit. Too much negativity to turn things around, no matter how hard he tries. He can back the players all he wants, but this circus that's about to explode regarding the fan confrontation is going to put fear into the players.

If we give it a good go however, and still go down, then I wouldn't want anyone else trying to get us to bounce straight back up.

Only thing id like to see though, is going back to basics. We got promoted by utilising pace on the counter attack, we even beat Man Utd 5-3 counter attacking at pace... so why did we try and fix something that wasn't broken? We packed the midfield, playing 4-5-1 when defending, but with Vardy on one wing and maybe Schlupp on the other, we could catch teams like we have done in the past, and at times, like we did last night.

Unlike other fans though, I can see the players working hard/putting a shift in, we just have to sort ourselves out at the back, because some of the defending (as a team) was embarrassing.

Point (4) is a bit harsh, he did well for the goal last night, otherwise spot on.

Lose to Villa on Sky Sports on Sunday and it would be a surprise if Pearson is around much longer...

Yeah, that's right, lets do what QPR, Pompey, Bolton did, and spend an unsustainable amount risking the future of the club just because some people like yourself want to see 'big names'. Sod the money, we'll worry about that later when you end up in administration with no players and in free-fall through the divisions. Besides if its big names you want, we have one of the biggest. 

but we won.t end up in administration again because the owners will not let that happen. but i was so unimpressed with the signings and think we could have done better than the ones we got.and who is this biggest name ? and don.t say cambiasso 

Were they a "shower" when we won the Championship last season?

I'm wondering if it's a bit deeper than Pearson's possible inability to structure and plan a team for a Premier League match. what if it's the coaching staff, aside from NP that are not good enough? It seems we struggle to make decent set-plays and aren't finishing at the moment. Surely that's a coaching issue rather than a managerial one?

Also, the PL teams have all now had a chance to look at Optima and watch videos of our play and can now suss us out and target our weak areas, of which there are many.

In a nutshell I don't thinl NP should go but someone needs to address the coaching staff.

I note that Dodgy Roger only joined the forum in August 2014, so he may be genuinely incapable of answering your first question.  :xmasbiggrin:

Good point re. the coaching and the apparent inability to train them to produce the odd decent set piece, and to finish off a reasonable proportion of chances....though, to be fair, we missed quite a lot of chances last season despite winning the Championship. So, it may be partly down to a lack of finishing ability in our players. That's one thing the likes of Burnley & QPR do have over us: a natural finisher (Austin, Ings); Ulloa is a different sort of a finisher; Vardy stepped it up last season, compared to the 12-13 season, but needs to step it up again now....hope he manages it, as he has a lot of other good qualities (pace, work ethic, combative, even quite decent at reading the game).

but we won.t end up in administration again because the owners will not let that happen. but i was so unimpressed with the signings and think we could have done better than the ones we got.and who is this biggest name ? and don.t say cambiasso

So you're saying tell me the biggest name but you can't mention the biggest name. Like your tactics.

Archived