Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Are all the Schlupp haterz coming on here to praise him today..? Manwell Manwell? Scouse? Where are ya?

lol

Haters? I don't think people who don't rate him are 'haterz', He has been pretty shit this season and has deserved criticism.

I'm more than happy to give him credit when he does well.

Today he was superb, still incredibly frustrating at times but on the whole he played very well.

He now needs to play like that on a regular basis, and I really hope he does because on that perfomance he could be a real asset.

Not the point, you tool.

The point is, today he played very well. And he's a young kid. How about giving him credit when he plays well, as quickly as you slate him when he don't.

Or isn't that allowed for Schlupp?

lol tool.

You sound like a WAG boosting a player on twitter after his first good game in four months.

He's been criticised for not being good enough, and rightly so.

I do cringe at the way some go on at times - he's generally been poor this season but today he was very decent, probably go as far as saying it was his best game for us.

Should've scored though :(

Yep agree with this, if he could play like this more often then maybe he wouldn't get the stick he does sadly he'll get precious little opportunity to build on this showing as after Sunday he'll be off to more than likely play a minimal part in Ghana's African Cup of Nations campaign.

Yep agree with this, if he could play like this more often then maybe he wouldn't get the stick he does sadly he'll get precious little opportunity to build on this showing as after Sunday he'll be off to more than likely play a minimal part in Ghana's African Cup of Nations campaign.

we all know Avram Grant is a moron so hopefully he'll leave him out

He's improving with every game. give the lad the credit he deserves. He had the confidence to take on Vertongan and got his shot away which he would have scored with but for the fact that it was hand high for the keeper. This will give him more confidence to try and make sure next time.

Guest LCFC_World

I have noticed his improvement over the last few games. No longer is he running in to players when he has the ball - but he is now using skill and pace combined to get past players. If he improves on his decision making and finishing we will have an amazing player on our hands.  We are going to miss him in January. 

Good performance by his own (low) standards. He didn't just run into people as much today (he did still do that at least twice), and he didn't balloon balls all over the place (apart from that woeful crossfield 'pass' that rolled straight to their place late on when we trying to counter). He didn't create any chances but he did get at least one cross in albeit a rocket of a cross that went straight to the keeper when he would have been better of placing it. His best move was when he stepped past a defender and fired a shot in, another rocket when a cross was probably the better option but at least he worked the keeper.

By his own standards his performance was good and for a young player it did show some potential. However by premier league standards it was still quite poor and LW is one of the positions we need to improve on if we're going to have a hope of staying up.

Right. His performance today was the best I've seen him play in a Leicester shirt. He showed that he has the ability to play at this level (and some) when he puts his mind to it. Most games he can be criticised for not putting in 100% effort, not closing men down as he should and not trying to get to balls that he could. Today he did all of that. He was committed and aware for one of the first times this season. His pace and directness posed a massive threat to Spurs. There were many times in the game when he got himself out of trouble by skill and quickness. He created chances, took on players, shot when he was in a couple of good positions. What I want to see is a lot more of this. It's OK doing it once in a while but we need to see more consistency. It's hard to expect that much because he is still very young and raw, and I think we do forget that a lot of the time, but it's not too much to expect more consistent performances. 

If, after today, anyone claims he doesn't have the technical ability to play in the Premier League then they need to think again. I know it's only one game but he showed exactly what he can do with the right attitude and commitment. He needs to turn that instinctive shot, burst of pace and skill into something he can do regularly. I was very impressed by him today.

Brilliant play today. Took on players numerous times. Crossed the ball well and created opportunities. It was like watching a different player.

Today makes me feel like we will really miss him as much as we will miss Mahrez over Jan/Feb. Not to ignore his poorer performances but at least today he showed what he's capable of. Best player on the park today but for Lloris probably.

Like a lot of the boys today he just looked more confident. He showed some good touches and got some success and built on it. I just hope they stay on the front foot and look to get on the ball against hull. I just wish our points tally reflected how well we have played in the last couple/three home games. Keep the (blind) faith.

The one criticism from today would be how clueless he was when Nugent was through and wanted to square the ball to him. He just showed no instinct whatsoever and basically just stood there. Otherwise was very impressed with him.

I think this was evidence of him clearly lacking a brain! He didnt know what to do

The one criticism from today would be how clueless he was when Nugent was through and wanted to square the ball to him. He just showed no instinct whatsoever and basically just stood there. Otherwise was very impressed with him.

That was laugh out loud poor.

Nugent was just waiting for him to move but instead he just continued to stand, tightly marked, about 2 yards away from where Nugent had the ball.

Archived