Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Newcastle and West Ham are reaping the rewards of sticking with their managers through tough times. How are Cardiff and Fulham doing?

No f**king comparison with Newcastle or West Ham: Pardew and Big Sam are experienced premier league managers!

The season is as good as over and we need to build for an instant return from the Championship next season. All that,will happen under Pearson is that we will go down with 20 ish points and our confidence wrecked.

Time to look forward, not back. We're going down, but let's at least do it with a modicum of pride.

well, you're a **** then

Sack Pearson, then appoint a foreigner, get relegated anyway, sack the foreigner who is struggling in the championship only to bring in a Pearson type appointment anyway. 

Sounds fun.

Sack Pearson, then appoint a foreigner, get relegated anyway, sack the foreigner who is struggling in the championship only to bring in a Pearson type appointment anyway.

Sounds fun.

Sounds a bit Cardiff to me

I honestly can't see where the next point is coming from. somethings got to change. If we go down Pearson wont be here next season so all this crap about him taking us straight back up is redundant.

Cheers Top... If they let him see it through to the end of the season I wouldn't be shocked to still see him here.

There are several things that are pissing me off and never seem to get fixed. The continual shiteness at set plays (both ends).

Along with continuing lack of support players have all over the pitch. We spend more time running away from the player with the ball than we do attempting to give him an easy pass so we can manoeuvre up the pitch.

We're so spread out we need an almost perfect ball every time to venture up field. That was ok last year as the pace and extra ability we had meant it worked. But our pace is now nothing special, your average prem full back is a match for most of our players.

Unless we become a tighter unit we'll get the same result over and over again. Surrendering so much possession will tell in almost every game.

Newcastle and West Ham are reaping the rewards of sticking with their managers through tough times. How are Cardiff and Fulham doing?

Christ do we really need to go over this again? Its 50/50 if a change of manager works.

As it stands, if we stick with Pearson it looks likely we'll be relegated so you need to make the choice. Are you happy with that and risking another 10 years away from the Premiership, or do you make a change and go for it to survive?

Cheers Top... If they let him see it through to the end of the season I wouldn't be shocked to still see him here.

There are several things that are pissing me off and never seem to get fixed. The continual shiteness at set plays (both ends).

Along with continuing lack of support players have all over the pitch. We spend more time running away from the player with the ball than we do attempting to give him an easy pass so we can manoeuvre up the pitch.

We're so spread out we need an almost perfect ball every time to venture up field. That was ok last year as the pace and extra ability we had meant it worked. But our pace is now nothing special, your average prem full back is a match for most of our players.

Unless we become a tighter unit we'll get the same result over and over again. Surrendering so much possession will tell in almost every game.

Yep, I too believe there are things to sort out - so we should  get help in and sort it out. 

The biggest problem is 9 or 10 ganes, whatever it is without a win, if we'd have lost all the first 5 games as expected by most but managed to take 10 points from the next 10 there would be no where near as much pressure on the team and pearson despite being in the same position.

Sounds fun.

Depends on what we're trying to do.

I think we need to accept that the chances of us staying up with Pearson in charge are remote to say the least.

Changing managers may or may not make a difference to that. The owners could certainly be forgiven for believing that somebody could galvanise this group of players to get 28-30 points from the last 23 games. In a sense they'd be mad not to, there's so much at stake for them financially.

If we're building for the future then Pearson must get enough time to show that:

A) he's learned from his mistakes

B) we're actually going to get out of the championship next year.

I genuinely understand the argument to get rid, but surely it's possible to make a major change without sacking the manager.

Whether it be a General Manager / Football Consultant or a Coach who has experience at this level (which Pearson also has, remember) and can sort out our set pieces, I don't know. But a major shift in the running of things can take place without firing the boss.

The biggest problem is 9 or 10 ganes, whatever it is without a win, if we'd have lost all the first 5 games as expected by most but managed to take 10 points from the next 10 there would be no where near as much pressure on the team and pearson despite being in the same position.

That's ok, but it didn't happen that way and we're giving teams around us points.

I genuinely understand the argument to get rid, but surely it's possible to make a major change without sacking the manager.

Whether it be a General Manager / Football Consultant or a Coach who has experience at this level (which Pearson also has, remember) and can sort out our set pieces, I don't know. But a major shift in the running of things can take place without firing the boss.

For that to happen, Pearson needs to admit there is a problem, at this moment and time he is telling us all is good!!

Anyone saying keep Pearson is in my mind a romantacist. Someone who doesn't care that we keep making the same mistakes and shipping shit goals. I agree Pearson isn't the one making the mistakes but with that logic NO manager would ever get sacked because it would always be the players fault.

Let someone on this forum give a credible argument how a man as depressed, downbeat and lacking in ideas such as Pearson is going to dig us out of this mess.

His departure is as inevitable as every player ending their goal drought against us and losing to Man City next week so Pearson good by and thank you.

That has to be Pearson's call, can you see him making it. Perhaps we have those people here already but they aren't utilised? Who knows, all very frustrating.

agree - better to make Nige a better man than take the risk and disruption... he has the players; support and we need that situation.

No chance, no chance, why, why, no chance.

I don't agree with your Pulis 'no chance'. As for MON, you might stand a chance of employing him in a consultancy role if it doesn't use up too much of his time, and if he either wishes to keep one foot in the PL or regrets opting for Sunderland ahead of us a few years back. But I doubt it. He never seemed to like the idea of people challenging a manager's authority, and there remains that major issue of him not wanting to sully his record at Leicester.

I'm in no particular camp mainly because I think the players need to sort themselves out just as much. However I hate people coming on the radio and saying stupid sh*t like "We should keep Pearson, definitely, we will get relegated but I have every faith he will bring us back up again". This statement is unbelievaly stupid and naive. Do people want to spend year on year being the yoyo team that basically gets nowhere and has the endless anticipation and excitement of promotion followed by the endless missery and resignation of relegation? The general idea is to get promoted and stay promoted isn't it? And who says if we got relegated we would bounce straight back? I seem to remember people saying the same thing 10 years ago...

For that to happen, Pearson needs to admit there is a problem, at this moment and time he is telling us all is good!!

I didn't hear what he said on Radio Leicester - did anyone else? But I saw him on Sky and felt he was honest, and keen to focus on our failings rather than deflect blame. In fact he said 'I can't keep focusing on the positives'.

Archived