Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

That's 5 spots unaccounted for. If you had 11 doughnuts and 5 of them were replaced with smoked salmon bagels, would you still claim you have a box of doughnuts?

No. I'd have eaten the lot and would have a box of puke.

Too many doughnuts in the team at the moment though.

Pearson can't get any Leicester team, whether it is in the first division, Championship or Premiership to get a reasonable return of points to games played against 'the crap' sides. Fact!

He is consistently hopeless with this part of the fixture list year after year after year.

Oh, but let's give him a chance to learn???????

Pearson can't get any Leicester team, whether it is in the first division, Championship or Premiership to get a reasonable return of points to games played against 'the crap' sides. Fact!

He is consistently hopeless with this part of the fixture list year after year after year.

Oh, but let's give him a chance to learn???????

So those long unbeaten runs in League One and the Championship, playing and consistently beating some of the crap teams didn't happen?

I've been trying to stay out of the Pearson in/out, let's belittle his achievements debate but **** me!

Mostly is considered to be over 70% not just over half

hence the expression "just over half"

Really, I've just checked the dictionary and it says nothing about 70%. What it does say is "greater number or part". Keep digging though.

We lie bottom of the leauge , am I happy, not at all but despite some individual mistakes in most of our games this season we have played very very well and deserved better results than we have got, the amount of games where the opposition keepers have got mam of the match this season is ridiculous.support the team back the manager and hope our luck and fortune turns for the remainder of the season and our performances will get what they deserve WINS

Yep all down to Nigel pearson nothing to  with dropping down a level remind me how the 30 goal striker got on the following year?  King also dropped a division and played 10 games prior in the championship so no doubt wouldve been utilized by any manager 

"You can't claim that pearson didn't rebuild the squad when our regular team was"

yes i can look

Martin 25

Gilbert 33

Morrison 32

Hobbs 39

Dyer 43

Gradel 16

And the 5 people after that with the most appearances? Berner 21(11), Tunchev 19(1), Powel 12(5), Dickov 4(16), Cleverley 10(5).

So out of the 16 players with the most appearances 10 were signed by him, 3 were youth team (two of which were no where near regulars previously) and 3 were signed by someone else.

Which I think categorically disproves your original point that started all of this and proves my counter points...

That being said, was it such an achievement  to go up and finish 5 with a squad that should never have gone down a season before

Errr yes...

The team that won league one was mostly put together by Pearson, so was the one that finished 5th. They bared little resemblance to the team that got relegated other than a few players.

Any way... no more, this is all history and despite people trying rewrite the record books a bit I still think he did a grand job.

We lie bottom of the leauge , am I happy, not at all but despite some individual mistakes in most of our games this season we have played very very well and deserved better results than we have got, the amount of games where the opposition keepers have got mam of the match this season is ridiculous.support the team back the manager and hope our luck and fortune turns for the remainder of the season and our performances will get what they deserve WINS

Keepers can only be MOM's if our strikers fail to put the ball beyond their reach. Too many snatched efforts which give the higher standard of keeper in the PL a chance to show their capability wrt reflexes. Take JV's finish against Man U - sublime. No chance anyone other than krama is capable of that at the moment.

Keepers can only be MOM's if our strikers fail to put the ball beyond their reach. Too many snatched efforts which give the higher standard of keeper in the PL a chance to show their capability wrt reflexes. Take JV's finish against Man U - sublime. No chance anyone other than krama is capable of that at the moment.

Ulloa will still finish given half a chance, but it's getting him and ball in the right place. It's not like he's missing chances, he's just not getting any. Kram has done brilliantly with his two goals as I thought they were both half chances at best. Oddly enough his missed his two easiest chances and scored his hardest.

Yep all down to Nigel pearson nothing to  with dropping down a level remind me how the 30 goal striker got on the following year?  King also dropped a division and played 10 games prior in the championship so no doubt wouldve been utilized by any manager 

"You can't claim that pearson didn't rebuild the squad when our regular team was"

yes i can look

Martin 25Gilbert 33Morrison 32Hobbs 39Dyer 43Gradel 16[/size]

The thirty goal striker got 12 despite missing a third of the season with a broken jaw bone, in a division where he was previously scoring 4 a season. But yeah, clearly Nigel didn't have anything to do with that.

King was a bit part player if that in 07/08, do you remember other bit part players like Jon Stevenson or Tomi Petrescu becoming regulars? He might have, but Pearson turned him from a hot prospect to a regular and key part of the team.

Oakley, mattock, Howard aside, all the regular team owed something to Pearson that season, even if he didn't give them their debut or sign them to start with.

My assertion is not that they couldn't afford to sack him. A fact that l know but as l keep saying, its your choice if you believe me or not, he is only here still because of financial  reasons, they made a mistake regarding the contracts thats why he was reinstated. l promise you that he was sacked and sacked for bringing the club in to disrepute, it seemed just what they where waiting for. You can all try as much as you like to punch holes in this, but its the truth. Do not believe for one minute that senior overruled junior or vice versa, thats not what happened. l'm done on this, you screamers who wish for Pearson to be our manager forever and ever just keep kidding yourselves.

That was moving money about, come on ffs.

Nothing to do with wanting the manager to be here forever, but if your story is true and the owners thought they could sack him without a pay off over an incident the FA didn't bring a charge for then it's worrying how naive the owners are about disciplinary procedures or you are not putting your point across very well.

If Pearson doesn't walk and they want to him to go without paying he'll be here for another 2 and a half years, so don't blame the Pearsonites.

I still can't believe people are trying to discredit what Pearson has achieved in seasons gone by. 

I can't remember the exact team but going by the players named in the most starting line ups this team finished comfortably in the play offs and were a penalty shoot out away from Wembley:

Weale

Morrison

Hobbs

Brown

Berner

Oakley

King

Wellens

Gallagher

Fryatt

Waghorn

Other players with a decent amount of appearances : Dyer, Howard, N'Guessan, Neilson 

Now if you want to try and take away Pearson's achievement to get this team to the play offs, I suggest you look at each player individually:

Weale (from Bristol City, barely any league appearances 2006-09) - plying his trade in League One and League Two since leaving Leicester

Morrison (from Cambridge United) - went back down to League One, where he came back up with Charlton and has recently signed for Birmingham (mid-lower Championship player)

Hobbs (Liverpool youth) - in the Hull team that got promoted to the Premier League, now playing (barely) for Forest in Championship

Brown (Hull City, in team promoted to PL) - spent most of his career in lower league football before and after Leicester

Berner (from Blackburn) - 16 international appearances for Switzerland, played for Basel, Freiburg before Leicester

Oakley (from Derby) - Had played a lot of PL football prior to Leicester and was v experienced. Did v little after but came at the end of his career

King (youth product) - made 11 league appearances prior to Pearson's arrival, been a key player for club in recent years

Wellens (from Doncaster) - had been a very good player at League One level for a few years but hadn't really played above that level. Has gone back to Doncaster since.

Gallagher (from Blackburn) - had played some PL football with Blackburn but most career spent on loan at different Championship clubs prior to Leicester, now at PNE in League One

Fryatt (from Walsall) - contributed to Hull's promotion but done little since then at Forest and Wednesday

Waghorn (loan from Sunderland) - struggling to nail down a spot at Wigan who are fighting relegation

If anyone says that getting that team to the Play Offs wasn't a great achievement, then you've clearly got some sort of agenda against Pearson.

I still believe in Pearson. This was his first ever season managing in the premier league. He's the sort of manager to learn from his mistakes and next time he's in the premier league he'll know what to do.

That team above I think would get relegated from the championship now. He worked wonders with our club. 

Promoted teams will often have a 'honeymoon' season due to their mental state (used to winning). I would be more inclined to say that getting us in the play offs second season was a bigger achievement.

and given our run (feb/march/first half April), the fact that we were a pen away from wembley was even more startling.

Hate to mention 'that run'. pearson's inability to address a slide surfaced again in the autumn. Infact, it's potentially happening now. confidence is so vital in football.

leicester people like consistent (mediocre) nigel and the stability (blandness) he brings.  he did a great job getting us back out of div 3 but surely noone ever saw him as a premier league manager.  premier league is worth billions as an entertainment business and there's no place there for the likes of us moulded in nigel's image.  as captain of a team that didn't turn up for a fixture and got relegated as a result he's clearly not the brightest bulb in the box.  abuses fans and leicester legends which you all haw haw along with, and strangles opposition players.  but you've all got your own opinions and as such they are valid.you mediocrity lovers have got your semolina be happy with it but I ceased to be a paying customer when they brought him back

What NP has done during his time here has been great, he has built a solid foundation and got some good players in. Obviously there has been a lot of support by the owners which NP wouldn't of been able to do without their support, I think a lot have probably under estimated their involvement and gave NP more credit for the clubs successes off the pitch than what he is probably worth.

This season has been hugely disappointing with a lot of questionable actions from NP-

1. He looks like a man who can't handle the pressure anymore, falling out with anyone and everyone

2. Team selections

3. Tactics

4. Failure to bring in quality in areas needed

5. Desperate/amateur substitutions like bring 3 players on at once or having unused subs with players on the bench who could give the team something little bit more to get a result

6. GK situation, Hamer hasn't done much wrong all season- didn't he concede less goals than appearances?

7. Playing his mates, he falls out with way to many people way and it's clear to see who is and out of favour.

i like to think of Southampton as an example, the achievements of Adkins are similar to what Pearson has done here and with the same foundations of a club- since Adkins sacking they haven't looked back and have gone from strength to strength. Adkins also got sacked with Southampton sitting in a better position than what we are now.

Personally I think he should go, with 3/4 of the season gone it's not a knee jerk reaction when your sitting bottom of the table 5 points adrift. Who we get in I'm not too sure, I wouldn't mind seeing Hoddle here if he wanted to get back into management now he has left QPR or maybe looking to buy out the rest of Allardyces contract at West Ham as it seems they want to get rid of him- done a great job at West Ham IMO

What NP has done during his time here has been great, he has built a solid foundation and got some good players in. Obviously there has been a lot of support by the owners which NP wouldn't of been able to do without their support, I think a lot have probably under estimated their involvement and gave NP more credit for the clubs successes off the pitch than what he is probably worth.

This season has been hugely disappointing with a lot of questionable actions from NP-

1. He looks like a man who can't handle the pressure anymore, falling out with anyone and everyone

2. Team selections

3. Tactics

4. Failure to bring in quality in areas needed

5. Desperate/amateur substitutions like bring 3 players on at once or having unused subs with players on the bench who could give the team something little bit more to get a result

6. GK situation, Hamer hasn't done much wrong all season- didn't he concede less goals than appearances?

7. Playing his mates, he falls out with way to many people way and it's clear to see who is and out of favour.

i like to think of Southampton as an example, the achievements of Adkins are similar to what Pearson has done here and with the same foundations of a club- since Adkins sacking they haven't looked back and have gone from strength to strength. Adkins also got sacked with Southampton sitting in a better position than what we are now.

Personally I think he should go, with 3/4 of the season gone it's not a knee jerk reaction when your sitting bottom of the table 5 points adrift. Who we get in I'm not too sure, I wouldn't mind seeing Hoddle here if he wanted to get back into management now he has left QPR or maybe looking to buy out the rest of Allardyces contract at West Ham as it seems they want to get rid of him- done a great job at West Ham IMO

Great post agree with it all

leicester people like consistent (mediocre) nigel and the stability (blandness) he brings.  he did a great job getting us back out of div 3 but surely noone ever saw him as a premier league manager.  premier league is worth billions as an entertainment business and there's no place there for the likes of us moulded in nigel's image.  as captain of a team that didn't turn up for a fixture and got relegated as a result he's clearly not the brightest bulb in the box.  abuses fans and leicester legends which you all haw haw along with, and strangles opposition players.  but you've all got your own opinions and as such they are valid.you mediocrity lovers have got your semolina be happy with it but I ceased to be a paying customer when they brought him back

And another post I completly agree with this is great it saves me time typing the same comments

Anyone watching the Leeds middlesborough game. Pearson reject bamber looking committed and playing with passion and flair. Shame none of these attributes fit pearsons style otherwise bamber might be doing a job for us now.

Shows how seriously we should take your opinion when you can't even spell the players name correctly.

The thirty goal striker got 12 despite missing a third of the season with a broken jaw bone, in a division where he was previously scoring 4 a season. But yeah, clearly Nigel didn't have anything to do with that.

King was a bit part player if that in 07/08, do you remember other bit part players like Jon Stevenson or Tomi Petrescu becoming regulars? He might have, but Pearson turned him from a hot prospect to a regular and key part of the team.

Oakley, mattock, Howard aside, all the regular team owed something to Pearson that season, even if he didn't give them their debut or sign them to start with.

11 in 26, then 2 in 5, not quite a 30 goal season striker

Matty Fryatt (F) 26 (3) 11

Anyone watching the Leeds middlesborough game. Pearson reject bamber looking committed and playing with passion and flair. Shame none of these attributes fit pearsons style otherwise bamber might be doing a job for us now.

Come off it, he was a liability. More jokers signing up here every day.

Archived