The Doctor Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Big statement of support for Nige, and if it's due to the poor dealings in the summer then it looks like a big statement of intent for next month as well...
Leicesterpool Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I wonder if Pearson actually got any of the signings he wanted?
Buzzell Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I heard a rumour that it wasn't Nige who was after fans favourite Cambiasso? Is that correct? Probably not but I bet he's glad to have someone like him in the side now.
Strokes Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 With Robinson's knives out of his back, maybe now Nigel can get back to business. This is good move.
jimmeh Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 This really isnt a vote of confidence for nigel people. Its for the new manager. We're going down the sven route and will spend big bucks in January
Leicesterpool Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Probably not but I bet he's glad to have someone like him in the side. Same for Wasilewski?
queensguardfox Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Did Pearson Know about this? the day before he announced he will have the funds to improve. Big smile on his face maybe he knew he would be in charge of his own signings in january .......... just my chain of thoughts
The Doctor Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 This really isnt a vote of confidence for nigel people. Its for the new manager. We're going down the sven route and will spend big bucks in January Despite the comments that Nigels job isn't in danger? Pull the other one.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I don't get this? Explain it to me. Are people saying that it's 'great Robinson has gone' because it was HE that wanted to sign the likes of Upson, Albrighton and the like? I thought the management team identified targets and it was Robinson's job to then try to sign them and to sort out contracts? The same as Sven identified targets but then didn't get involved in the actual transfer dealings? If so, why are people so hung up about Robinson and why is it so great that he's gone? I don't want opinion, but actual info...cos people's reactions to this are puzzling me? If Pearson did want the likes of Cresswell, but money was the issue, then this wouldn't have been Robinson's fault would it? Explain it to me like I'm a three year old..
Buzzell Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Same for Wasilewski? I'd say so else now we would be ****ed with just Morgan, Moore and Matthew 'sicknote' Upson.
fleckneymike Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 All players are scouted by Pearson's team. Robinson was charged with completing deals. Clearly we missed out on some targets during the summer, why this was we'll never know. Robinson's sacking indicates that either the owners feel another director of football could have secured better/more deals or that a director of football is no longer needed.
Strokes Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I don't get this? Explain it to me. Are people saying that it's 'great Robinson has gone' because it was HE that wanted to sign the likes of Upson, Albrighton and the like? I thought the management team identified targets and it was Robinson's job to then try to sign them and to sort out contracts? The same as Sven identified targets but then didn't get involved in the actual transfer dealings? If so, why are people so hung up about Robinson and why is it so great that he's gone? I don't want opinion, but actual info...cos people's reactions to this are puzzling me? Because instead of priority choice A, he signed choices D and E.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Because instead of priority choice A, he signed choices D and E. But was that the fault of Robinson..or more about the board not wanting to spend?
Mike Oxlong Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 The only man at the club who did less for his wedge than Conrad?
Buzzell Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Was it Terry Robinson's fault for having the £30k wage cap?
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 All players are scouted by Pearson's team. Robinson was charged with completing deals. Clearly we missed out on some targets during the summer, why this was we'll never know. Robinson's sacking indicates that either the owners feel another director of football could have secured better/more deals or that a director of football is no longer needed. That makes more sense Mike...
cjslcfc Posted 14 December 2014 Author Posted 14 December 2014 I don't get this? Explain it to me. Are people saying that it's 'great Robinson has gone' because it was HE that wanted to sign the likes of Upson, Albrighton and the like? I thought the management team identified targets and it was Robinson's job to then try to sign them and to sort out contracts? The same as Sven identified targets but then didn't get involved in the actual transfer dealings? If so, why are people so hung up about Robinson and why is it so great that he's gone? I don't want opinion, but actual info...cos people's reactions to this are puzzling me? I'm not sure I agree with people who say he wanted to sign certain players, I think that's rubbish. What I do think though is that he could be the reason we missed out on targets. Lots of players were linked and bids were made but we failed to land a fair few. Surely that was within his remit? There's no doubts Pearson wanted Upson, Albrighton etc... but, as one of our scouts has tweeted several times this season, it seems we "missed out on primary targets". He also said things along the line of "there is a huge gap in quality between primary and secondary targets". There seems to have been lots of little hints from the management team that there was something stopping them from getting the players they wanted most. Edit: There's no certainty around this, just my thoughts from the info we have available. I do reckon a DOF is not needed though.
Foxes1 Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Robinson worked with Pulis at Stoke, perhaps we have approached Pulis and he turned round and said I will accept the job only if Robinson goes. Hope that is not the case though.
The Horse's Mouth Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I wonder if the owners have a replacement lined up or Pearson's lads are going to be the ones negotiating from here on in
Strokes Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 But was that the fault of Robinson..or more about the board not wanting to spend?The board feel it was Terrys fault.
MC Prussian Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I don't get this? Explain it to me. Are people saying that it's 'great Robinson has gone' because it was HE that wanted to sign the likes of Upson, Albrighton and the like? I thought the management team identified targets and it was Robinson's job to then try to sign them and to sort out contracts? The same as Sven identified targets but then didn't get involved in the actual transfer dealings? If so, why are people so hung up about Robinson and why is it so great that he's gone? I don't want opinion, but actual info...cos people's reactions to this are puzzling me? If Pearson did want the likes of Cresswell, but money was the issue, then this wouldn't have been Robinson's fault would it? Explain it to me like I'm a three year old.. People are looking more forward to January now because Robinson is said to have held back our transfer dealings over the summer, preventing big moves for big bucks (bar the odd one). Instead we went for players who fit the criteria "Premier League experience, out of contract" and ended up with Albrighton (could come good - wait until Mahrez goes Africa Cup of Nations) and Upson (sadly injured). Whether the restraint in spending was/is down to Robinson alone or in cooperation with the consortium that owns the club, it's clear Pearson wasn't always too happy about the restrictions as he felt he could've done better this season so far with more of his identified targets instead.
Donut Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Just to play devils advocate though, Priority A may never have been realistic anyway?
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I'm not sure I agree with people who say he wanted to sign certain players, I think that's rubbish. What I do think though is that he could be the reason we missed out on targets. Lots of players were linked and bids were made but we failed to land a fair few. Surely that was within his remit? There's no doubts Pearson wanted Upson, Albrighton etc... but, as one of our scouts has tweeted several times this season, it seems we "missed out on primary targets". He also said things along the line of "there is a huge gap in quality between primary and secondary targets". There seems to have been lots of little hints from the management team that there was something stopping them from getting the players they wanted most. But haven't most of our fans said it was a good thing we didn't break the bank, like QPR, for instance? Well if it WAS Robinson that didn't want to break the bank, then wouldn't most fans agree with him? That's what most have said? I remain confused..
Harry - LCFC Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 No ones looking at the bigger picture then. Pulis worked with robinson at Stoke and may not wish to again. Please don't pretend to be the big thinker here. That's a tenuous link at best.
yorkie1999 Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I was talking to a west brom supporter mate about dof's. A few years ago he thought it was how a club should be run, obviously from a financial point of view as Albion always make a bit of a profit, but know he reckons all it's really done is fvck up the club as the players have aged and the quality has gone down because they're always tring to penny pinch. Puts money in the owners pocket but you end up with a right load of dross with the odd young player coming through on low wages.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.