Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

Bye Bye Ni.......... Terry Robinson?

Recommended Posts

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Entirely the right move if Robinson was responsible for coaching our defence, our strikers and our set pieces.

lol

Spot on..

If we even have one of course.

What, so thats all crap too?

Bloody Hell!

lol

Note to self...stop reading this forum as though anyone knows any facts whatsoever!

Posted

Perhaps we're missing a more obvious reason.

 

Robinson was brought in to ensure that we complied with FFP, Robinson claimed we had, perhaps the accounts will show that we hadn't and that the reported huge fine is on its way.

Posted

And pay what for whom?

I think we should get Lee Cattermole in on loan. :thumbup:

 

Come on Col, you've been on here and a City fan long enough to know that we could each list 10 players and speculative prices but we really don't have any idea and those sorts of threads are always a bit embarrassing.

 

That said, I think we need a new left back, a new versatile forward/wide player and a new centre back. And maybe a new goalkeeper. 

 

From a price perspective all I'd ask is that the players we bring in have a reasonable prospect of retaining their value.

 

For all of the criticism of our summer dealings those players we did bring in will have retained their value, with the possible exception of Ulloa who I think we could sell for a decent price if we go down and he scores another 3 or 4.

 

In the unlikely event that there is real quality available and interested in coming, then we should pay whatever is necessary to get the deal done (notwithstanding the parameters regarding retained value).

Posted

When you go to the supermarket you are given a shopping list and some money to buy the items on that list, that list will contain items which you absolutely need and some items which are not essential. If, for arguments sake, you're making bolognese sauce, you absolutely need tomatoes, ground beef, onions, and a few herbs. You can garnish it with parmesan, have a side salad, garlic bread etc but non of those are essential to the making of the bolognese. If you return from the shops with beef, onions, parmesan and a side salad you can't have bolognese, indeed you can barely have a meal at all. I would assume that from our shopping list of essentials we missed out on what we needed and got some of the non essentials instead.

We wanted tesco's finest beef and ended up with Quorn veggie beef
Posted

I can remember a interview with Steve Walsh and he said he and Nigel were pretty happy with who we had got and we wouldn't be bringing many in. So why is Terry Robinson being blamed?

Posted

What, so thats all crap too?

Bloody Hell!

lol

 

It was only a rumour. I don't know whether we have one or not so I can't say either way. I just don't think we can say concretely that we are operating with a cap of some sort.

Posted

Perhaps we're missing a more obvious reason.

 

Robinson was brought in to ensure that we complied with FFP, Robinson claimed we had, perhaps the accounts will show that we hadn't and that the reported huge fine is on its way.

Or we did and his work is done.

 

Personally I think the scenario you've suggested is fanciful. They would have known in about February whether they were going to be compliant with FFP  for the 2013/14 season - they wouldn't have waited until now to sack him with the prospect of getting somebody new (and better qualified) in to handle Premier League transfer activity.

Posted

Someone has to take the blame for the poor recruitment this summer. If this was the Apprentice, Sugar would say the failure of the task (getting relegated) was down to lack of quality additions in the summer and sack whoever was most responsible for that.

If that was Robinson then I'm happy enough (but raise question marks over why our owners gave him so much power over Pearson) but for all we know it might be that Robinson is Pearson's scapegoat. I don't think anyone on here will know all the facts, so it's all speculation until Pearson brings out his autobiography in 15 years.

Posted

Maybe it would be an idea to wait until we know why he's gone before we start pointing fingers at this person or that person for random problems?

Guest Col city fan
Posted

I think we should get Lee Cattermole in on loan. :thumbup:

Come on Col, you've been on here and a City fan long enough to know that we could each list 10 players and speculative prices but we really don't have any idea and those sorts of threads are always a bit embarrassing.

That said, I think we need a new left back, a new versatile forward/wide player and a new centre back. And maybe a new goalkeeper.

From a price perspective all I'd ask is that the players we bring in have a reasonable prospect of retaining their value.

For all of the criticism of our summer dealings those players we did bring in will have retained their value, with the possible exception of Ulloa who I think we could sell for a decent price if we go down and he scores another 3 or 4.

In the unlikely event that there is real quality available and interested in coming, then we should pay whatever is necessary to get the deal done (notwithstanding the parameters regarding retained value).

You and I both know that that isn't my point.

What is my point is that people have been saying it was great that we didn't spend a lot on players. They argued we either didn't need to, nor was it wise to do so. Remember all the posts on how QPR were mad because they were 'spending again'?

Now, it seems, a uturn has happened. It's great that Robinson has gone because now we can spend, spend spend.

You also know that to get in the quality we now clearly need, will not come cheap. It didn't in the summer. It certainly won't now!

Posted

I can remember a interview with Steve Walsh and he said he and Nigel were pretty happy with who we had got and we wouldn't be bringing many in. So why is Terry Robinson being blamed?

If Robinson is at fault for what's being speculated what's he supposed to say the dof is a nob and won't sign the players I scout?

Posted

I can remember a interview with Steve Walsh and he said he and Nigel were pretty happy with who we had got and we wouldn't be bringing many in. So why is Terry Robinson being blamed?

 

Cus saying the opposite will probably annoy the team

Posted

We should get craigadams22 as his replacement!

think you'll find its probably now craigadams27!!!!!
Posted

If Robinson is at fault for what's being speculated what's he supposed to say the dof is a nob and won't sign the players I scout?

Maybe Robinson got all the players Nigel wanted.

Posted

Or we did and his work is done.

 

Personally I think the scenario you've suggested is fanciful. They would have known in about February whether they were going to be compliant with FFP  for the 2013/14 season - they wouldn't have waited until now to sack him with the prospect of getting somebody new (and better qualified) in to handle Premier League transfer activity.

 

The tax year end accounts aren't finalised till now

 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Posted

Perhaps he's gone now and not at the end of last summer because he's already failing to land identified targets for 1st of January

This is the main concern for me. Has he gone based on what he did in the summer or because he was already failing (again) to get things sorted for this January?

That he's gone just before January indicates to me that it's the latter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...