Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

Bye Bye Ni.......... Terry Robinson?

Recommended Posts

Posted

Although I never like seeing anyone in any walk of life lose their jobs, my Dad and I have long suspected he is culpable for not pushing the boat out so to speak on a lot of our transfer dealings. I think I made the point last night in the post-match thread that we are most definitely 4-5 players light and not just a couple as some possibly believe. In that sense, perhaps this is a very astute move by the owners.

 

That, said, I doubt this will be the end of this current saga. Whether it means a replacement being lined up, more moves taking place behind the scenes (including board/management) in the next few days/weeks remains inconclusive.

 

One thing I have come to learn as a Leicester City fan is expect the unexpected (January will be one hell of a busy month that's for sure!)

Posted

Some were some were not. I thought it was pretty common knowledge we missed out on players we were after?

I think it was Cresswell and Deeney and that was about it. Do you think that would of made much of a difference? I don't.
Posted

I think this means the club are going to be signing players in the coming window but that they didn't want Robinson to handle it... and so the decision seems very sensible. Why would you send someone to Leicester market to get your stuff if you don't have confidence in how they haggle for sprouts (or other nutritious veg...)

Posted

And you know this because...? Can tell you for a fact that Pelle was a definite target.

He was never coming to us soon as Southampton came in for him.
Guest Col city fan
Posted

I think this means the club are going to be signing players in the coming window but that they didn't want Robinson to handle it... and so the decision seems very sensible. Why would you send someone to Leicester market to get your stuff if you don't have confidence in how they haggle for sprouts (or other nutritious veg...)

As usual, for you, THAT also makes sense. If we are now going to be spending, and the club didn't want Robinson to do the buying, you'd sack him. I get that.. Thank you, you've probably answered my question.

:thumbup:

Posted

I think it was Cresswell and Deeney and that was about it. Do you think that would of made much of a difference? I don't.

If you read back through the thread you'll see a couple more names and we haven't even got to the frasier Campbell nonsense or the mess with wigan

Posted

Maybe Robinson got all the players Nigel wanted.

That's not what I heard at work from someone who was a striker at our club in the 80's.

He's mates with someone in Nigel's team now who we all know and he told him Nigel gave him a player list in the summer of who he wanted, Terry said he couldn't have them.

Posted

of course Pearson picked players , Robinson sorted out the contracts , even the academy contracts were his responsibility . Heskey went to the press to advertise his services to LCFC , it was Pearson who publicly said that wasn't going to happen . Fans that want to think that its the manager that picks the team ,but he doesn't pick the players bought , are deluded .

Posted

The sudden decline from looking like holding our own in the PL to whipping boys looked like trouble behind the scenes.

 

I've speculated previously about what this might be but Robinson's profile was so low that I didn't consider him.

 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating however, and if Pearson is now back in charge and things start to pick up, then all good !!

 

I think it's clear the owners are giving him the transfer window to turn things around though.

 

Fingers crossed.

Posted

That's not what I heard at work from someone who was a striker at our club in the 80's.

He's mates with someone in Nigel's team now who we all know and he told him Nigel gave him a player list in the summer of who he wanted, Terry said he couldn't have them.

Who was on the list?

Posted

I think this means the club are going to be signing players in the coming window but that they didn't want Robinson to handle it... and so the decision seems very sensible. Why would you send someone to Leicester market to get your stuff if you don't have confidence in how they haggle for sprouts (or other nutritious veg...)

It might mean we've already missed out on some for January and they've decided enough is enough, but blamed the summer because they don't want to reveal potential targets

Or perhaps he's failed in his job and we're going to get clobbered by FFP fines

Posted

That's not what I heard at work from someone who was a striker at our club in the 80's.

He's mates with someone in Nigel's team now who we all know and he told him Nigel gave him a player list in the summer of who he wanted, Terry said he couldn't have them.

That's got 'I'm a pearsonite so I'm going to make something up to my workmates' written all over it. Not doubting you yourself, but years of experience teaches people talk a lot of shit at work, my mate knows someone who knows someone and it's all Robinsons fault etc etc.

Unfortunately, as with politics, a lot of people will just be happy to hear what they want to hear re Robinson. The problem with the left is they don't bother with the detail.

Posted

Sending a bit of a message to the players we bought in the summer that they weren't who we wanted and we're not happy with them, can that be a good thing?

Not really. Players won't know if they were a second or third choice or the number one target. And in any case,even if they did know we're bottom of the league so they can't exactly expect us to be delighted can they?!

Posted

Sorry he lost his job, Once took my lad to Belvoir Drive one Friday night for a game and who should be watching, but Terry Robinson. Surprised he took interest at that level, but he did. Met him another time and he said he would pop along to watch my lad again, as he had another game that night.

Seemed a really decent guy, I liked him, and he managed to get rid of the problem players we had at the club.

Thought he was all round decent and he did not take any messing from anyone.

Good luck Terry.

Posted

That's got 'I'm a pearsonite so I'm going to make something up to my workmates' written all over it. Not doubting you yourself, but years of experience teaches people talk a lot of shit at work, my mate knows someone who knows someone and it's all Robinsons fault etc etc.

Unfortunately, as with politics, a lot of people will just be happy to hear what they want to hear re Robinson. The problem with the left is they don't bother with the detail.

Firstly he is not a work mate, he played for Leicester that I do know and what's more he's in Of Fossils and Foxes.

He doesn't talk shit as he's a director of another subcontractor.

Just telling you what I heard when all this talk of Pulis was going about.

Posted

I heard a rumour that it wasn't Nige who was after fans favourite Cambiasso? Is that correct?

:whistle:

 

Walsh had said that they were scouting him since late February when they became aware he wasn't signing again at Inter so I'd think it was a Nige signing. 

Posted

The problem players left but we have no idea how much that cost - who knows if he did a good job?

I'm afraid as with all things that happen within a private company, the truth remains hidden from the public unless some ballonhead tells us anything.

Posted

Firstly he is not a work mate, he played for Leicester that I do know and what's more he's in Of Fossils and Foxes.

He doesn't talk shit as he's a director of another subcontractor.

Just telling you what I heard when all this talk of Pulis was going about.

So he played a few games for City in the 80s and he has a few people that report to him at his work, and that means his view that Robinson is to blame for everything (in the year 2014) is valid?

Posted

Jason Bourne being very sceptical about this on Twitter asking why this has only just happened two weeks before January, essentially defending Robinson by saying that if he didn't sign players surely he was working on a remit from above etc., saying that Robinson must have been pivotal in signing existing players up to new contracts, playing that he's baffled as to why Robinson is taking any flak...

Now all of that may be perfectly justified, I very much doubt he does but he may know more than we do, but to me it just looks like more questioning of a decision that would appear to give Pearson a bit of extra backing. Whether or not that's intentional I don't know but surely these guys (Stringer and Bourne) will have the sense to see how their take on things (and particularly this issue) could come across given the current state of affairs between themselves and the club.

Posted

Firstly he is not a work mate, he played for Leicester that I do know and what's more he's in Of Fossils and Foxes.

He doesn't talk shit as he's a director of another subcontractor.

Just telling you what I heard when all this talk of Pulis was going about.

Can you find out who was on the list please just out of interest.

Posted

Signing players is lot more than just the money contracts these days can be very complicated. In addition they need to 'sell' the club to both the player and the agent and build up a rapport with any prospective signing which involves a certain type of personality.

Posted

First time I've really come across sacking an adminstrator for the failings on the pitch.

Let's get things staright:

Nigel and his management team identify the targets

The owners presumably set some kind of financial boundaries within which we need to operate

The administrator then works within those boundaries to try and sign the identified targets.

 

Maybe he wasn't a very good negotiator, maybe we identified targets that were beyond out financial reach, maybe our wage structure is too restrictive.

Whatever the case we're seriously poor and not all of that can be blamed on Robinson. Basically we have strikers who can't score, midfielders who can't create and defenders who can't defend.

I'm not defedning the guy, I don't know enough about him but if anyone thinks this will be the panacea for our on the pitch woes I'm afraid they are likely to be disappointed.

Posted

Jason Bourne being very sceptical about this on Twitter asking why this has only just happened two weeks before January, essentially defending Robinson by saying that if he didn't sign players surely he was working on a remit from above etc., saying that Robinson must have been pivotal in signing existing players up to new contracts, playing that he's baffled as to why Robinson is taking any flak...

Now all of that may be perfectly justified, I very much doubt he does but he may know more than we do, but to me it just looks like more questioning of a decision that would appear to give Pearson a bit of extra backing. Whether or not that's intentional I don't know but surely these guys (Stringer and Bourne) will have the sense to see how their take on things (and particularly this issue) could come across given the current state of affairs between themselves and the club.

When most of us use this board it's a bit like chat in a pub - we hear stuff and say stuff - coz we can. But when you are in a more diplomatic situation, I have always found it wise to take time before venturing an opinion (so that you know where everyone else is and what that barriers are you have to deal with). The fact that bourne or stringer may be making noise about this is probably down to their own need to be listened to... rather than them having any insight. If the owners were unhappy with last summer they have had time to deal with it... I believe this is simply about putting the right people in the right roles (or letting go of someone they don't want in a role) ready for us to do some business...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...