Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

It's unlikely to extend to bringing in experienced Premiership quality players, or it would have been done in the summer.

l.

No one has the slightest clue who we went for in the Summer. The owners seemingly blame the DOF and they are privy to more information than me or you.

No one has the slightest clue who we went for in the Summer. The owners seemingly blame the DOF and they are privy to more information than me or you.

It's hard to imagine that the manager doesn't shoulder any of the blame. After all, when he draws up a list of potential targets and we end up - as Babylon put it once - getting d, e and f instead of a, b and c; it does suggest that d, e and f weren't good enough in the first place. Or, if a, b, and c were the likes of Defoe and Austin, that our primary targets were never especially realistic ones.

"Best captain I ever had," says Ron Atkinson. The same Ron Atkinson who had Bryan Robson as his captain at WBA and Manchester United. So yeah - rubbish career... lol

Oh please, let's have some perspective, it's a Pearson quote for Waghorn, '....I wish all players were like you'. I forgot WBA were European giants

It's hard to imagine that the manager doesn't shoulder any of the blame. After all, when he draws up a list of potential targets and we end up - as Babylon put it once - getting d, e and f instead of a, b and c; it does suggest that d, e and f weren't good enough in the first place. Or, if a, b, and c were the likes of Defoe and Austin, that our primary targets were never especially realistic ones.

But that's a collective mistake then of the club. If as suggested it was the likes of Cresswell and Pelle...it's easy to know why. Don't forgot long it took us to sign Ulloa eventually meeting Brightons demands which suggests Robinson was hardly great.

Oh please, let's have some perspective, it's a Pearson quote for Waghorn, '....I wish all players were like you'. I forgot WBA were European giants

Suggesting we have some perspective? Coming from you?  lol

What has 'European giants' got to do with anything? We're Leicester City. We're not in that category anyway.

But that's a collective mistake then of the club. If as suggested it was the likes of Cresswell and Pelle...it's easy to know why. Don't forgot long it took us to sign Ulloa eventually meeting Brightons demands which suggests Robinson was hardly great.

Of course you're right. But a collective responsibility, even if Robinson was the greater culprit, still implies Pearson should shoulder a share - however small it may be - of the blame. Consider how much easier it is to fire Robinson than Pearson (6 months remaining, I believe on his contract, easy to replace from within, and with less disruption than changing the manager), and the fact that Pearson said they 'worked very well together'. It doesn't suggest a manager frustrated by his DOF, or pulling in a different direction.

It's just hard to imagine a scenario wherein the manager doesn't have any responsibility for this summer's inactivity, unless our targets are effectively being chosen by people other than him, and there's nothing to suggest this.

I've totally stopped listening to Radio Leicester now. Now I can enjoy watching every away match, no need for the commentary, and while there's no post match reaction, no need to listen in the car on the way home either... 

Reckon Stringer should just be given the job on 5 Live that he clearly craves, Jason Bourne and Matt Elliot to commentate.

No disrespect to Jason Bourne, but you obviously haven`t heard him commentate before then.

I think it got to the stage where the owners felt they had to be seen to be doing something, and that Terry Robinson was the easiest scapegoat to get rid of.

Fair play to the owners though for sticking with Pearson, they have shown that they have sense of loyalty, i certainly don`t think he would have kept his job at most clubs.

I suppose time will tell whether that loyalty was misplaced or not.

I do worry about this messageboard though, when Pearson does leave, whether be through the clubs choice, or his own, because it`s going to go into meltdown.

Oh my god, the tears and the tantrums, that there is going to be! 

Makes me laugh I saw something on the ww web saying we are now being linked with Rafa Benitez!!

Yeah right and Jose is coming as his second in command !!

Going now we have turned the corner but after Liverpool beat Swansea tonight 4-1 I'm so hoping they're too knackered Thursday to do the same to us !!

Still tho I'll be going for a cheeky 0-1 win for city

Or d,e and f were all we could get for the money. Whether that be fees or wages.

Other than Ulloa and Simpson we've not spent any decent money on anyone else. We paid a lot for Ulloa, but we'd have been doing very well indeed to find a player who could bang in 7 goals by the half way point for a lot less than we paid. Sakho and Austin probably the only ones who cost less and have done the same (and we've been linked heavily with both of them under Pearson over the years)

We'll never know what happened, I'm open to all possibilities about what went on. Personally looking at what we know I'd say it's more likely that we have struggled due to small budget and being a newly promoted club. To find quality on a budget is never easy, especially when you are the smallest fish in the big pond.

I think it got to the stage where the owners felt they had to be seen to be doing something, and that Terry Robinson was the easiest scapegoat to get rid of.

Fair play to the owners though for sticking with Pearson, they have shown that they have sense of loyalty, i certainly don`t think he would have kept his job at most clubs.

I suppose time will tell whether that loyalty was misplaced or not.

I do worry about this messageboard though, when Pearson does leave, whether be through the clubs choice, or his own, because it`s going to go into meltdown.

Oh my god, the tears and the tantrums, that there is going to be! 

When he'll leave, it'll be on a high. And it's safe to say no one would have an issue with such a departure. :)

I don't worry about this messageboard at all, it's a great and lively place and it comes pretty close to a democracy with the variety of opinions and posters allowed and tolerated.

I don't worry about this messageboard at all, it's a great and lively place and it comes pretty close to a democracy with the variety of opinions and posters allowed and tolerated.

It's generally a very positive place here, a lot of posts are balanced and fair. I used to frequent a place on t'internet where relentless misery, negativity, hypocrisy, bullying and general unpleasantness was the order of the day. Not been back there for almost 2 years. I hope they're all well...  :P  :thumbup:

It's generally a very positive place here, a lot of posts are balanced and fair. I used to frequent a place on t'internet where relentless misery, negativity, hypocrisy, bullying and general unpleasantness was the order of the day. Not been back there for almost 2 years. I hope they're all well...  :P  :thumbup:

I listen to TalkSport too

Luck is what we needed and boy did we get it, on a different day as has been before, Hull could have knocked in 3 or 4. We really need to ditch the zonal marking on set plays, surely even Pearson can see 90% of the time the opposition are winning the ball from corners and free kicks and causing us problems, teams in this division are capable of delivering a ball around a set of statues and sticking it on a sixpence for the attacker to put away, its really that simple.

I hope we pick up from here and give Liverpool a good game but I'm not entirely convinced.

Archived