Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Hull Post Match Thread 0 - 1

You said he was good enough to play in a Championship promotion winning side, given current evidence I'd say that's pretty outrageous!

I said he was good enough to play for a Championship promotion chasing side, and he is, he did it with us, he did it last year at Wigan. He's barely played this season, so I'm not sure what current evidence you're on about.

Much as defending Col, especially when he's in 'balance' mode, makes me feel physically ill. He isn't/hasn't, he's placed a lot more of the blame on Pearson than he has Cambiasso. It's a bit like what happened with me when Waggy was here, I never said anything particularly outrageous about him but because I made it clear that I like him people decided that I think he's God's gift to football. Col has made it clear that he's not entirely sure about Cambiasso and everyone else has turned it into 'Col wants Cambiasso dead'.

Col has regularly put down his performances and suggested that he had undue sway over nige - it's not unfair to suggest he hates cambiasso - it's simply true

Does today's win prove that a monkey with a typewriter will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare or can we actually build on this!

I thought we should have gone five across the middle when ulloa came off and left nuge to run the channels on his own. To me, that was a tactically poor decision. Woods doesn't hold it up well enough.

From my point of view, we had no control over the game when Cambiasso came off. We'd already started to park the bus, it's not as if we had a decent amount of possession when he was on then nothing when he went off. I wanted Drinkwater on for him just for some fresh legs as the players had clearly decided to grind out the 0-1 rather than trying to get back some control, and in that situation I'd prefer fresh legs in centre midfield.

We rode our luck massively but the 3 points is all that matters from a game like this.

Does today's win prove that a monkey with a typewriter will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare or can we actually build on this!

Lets hope so but who knows? All the "I told you so" threads popping up seem a little premature to me.

I thought we should have gone five across the middle when ulloa came off and left nuge to run the channels on his own. To me, that was a tactically poor decision. Woods doesn't hold it up well enough.

The monkey works for the Sun now...so who knows..

loving all the peace and harmony this win has brought to the board...

I modelled the season mathematically at the start of the season benchmarking each game based on home/away and opposition finishing position last season.  based on 9 home wins, 3 home draws and 9 away draws = 39 points.   Not very scientific but should at least give a benchmark.  This win has brought us back to -2 i.e. we are only 2 points off where we should be.  Encouraging. Surprising.  Unfortunately the model has us gaining points in each of the last 8 games, so I'd be much more comfortable if we were ahead of the game.  It seems the model has shown we'll be playing teams who are likely to also be in trouble every week for the last two months of the season. Intriguing.

The wrong man to bring back? Are you having a laugh? He got us promoted? We smashed the league last season.

This is probably the most bizarre comment I've ever read on here.

i am entitled to my opinion... as are you...  for the record he got us promoted two seasons after the target he was given (and acknowledged).  He's not setting the premier league alight either.  others may have done better with the resources he was given. maybe not. we'll never know. 

i am entitled to my opinion... as are you...  for the record he got us promoted two seasons after the target he was given (and acknowledged).  He's not setting the premier league alight either.  others may have done better with the resources he was given. maybe not. we'll never know. 

:xmaslaugh: You must be getting bored

we'll never know. 

Which is the key point... we could be in league two if someone else had come in, or in Leicester Reserves position (Bolton). So he could very well have been the right man, in fact there is a lot more evidence that he was, because we not only achieved the goal, he also did it whilst reducing the budget.

I think Ben Hamer is a better all round keeper than Kasper.

Done everything that could have been asked of him so far! I was worried after his pre season games and his shaky first half at Stoke, but he looks fairly secure and isn't afraid to come off his line to catch.

Archived