Soar Fox Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I'd go for. GK. Hamer Ben RB. Simpson Danny CB. Morgan Wes CB. Wasilewski Marcin LB. Schlupp Jeffrey RM. Mahrez Riyad CM. Drinkwater Danny CM. James Matty LM. Lawrence Tom AMF. Nugent David CF. Ulloa Leonardo
lancyclaret Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Think Leicester have a very good chance of a point or three at Liverpool - Burnley battered them in the first-half on Boxing Day and should have been 2-0, 3-0 up at half-time. Ings hit a post and both Barnes and Keane missed sitters. We played better against Liverpool than against City but our finishing was crap against the jammy Scousers. Gerrard, Henderson and Lallana never got a look-in and only Coutinho and Sterling caused us problems in second-half. Their three-man defence of Toure, Skrtel and Sako were very shaky and Kolo Toure was hauled off at half-time for Emre Can who improved them in 2nd half. The first 60 mins was probably Burnley's best performance of the season but, like against West Ham, we lost at home when we should have drawn at very least. I do admit, however, we were a bit lucky to beat Southampton. They deserved a draw and Liverpool deserved nothing.
Dan Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I thought Liverpool were bang average against us a month ago in all honesty. I was extremely disappointed to lose that by more than a goal. Almost embarrassed really. Would absolutely love a result here but I just don't see it unfortunately.
mugshot Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 My days, I just saw a Liverpool fan write "I actually think the away game against Wimbledon on a cold Monday night might be the trickier game." ....they honestly think we are the weak team of the league and they will walk over us!
lcfcsnow Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 My days, I just saw a Liverpool fan write "I actually think the away game against Wimbledon on a cold Monday night might be the trickier game." ....they honestly think we are the weak team of the league and they will walk over us! Didn't we just go on a run where we collected 2 out of 39 points?
iancognito Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Liverpool are playing better than they were a month ago and the 3-5-2 is causing teams more problems. Keep pretty much the same setup as Hull with nugent dropping back. I'd keep Vardy on the bench for now. He closes players down but his first touch is terrible and he's not getting in scoring positions enough. Bring him & Knockaert on in the last 20 as both should be pretty fresh. Hamer Simpson Was Wes Jeff Cambiasso Drinkwater Albrighton Nugent Mahrez Ulloa
mugshot Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Didn't we just go on a run where we collected 2 out of 39 points? Yes but to say we are that weak to put their FA Cup Wimbledon match as harder than against us is a trifle over the top!
dannythefox Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Skertal is banned and lovern has got to have a fitness test it can only be a good thing for us!
Donut Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Out of all of the teams we have played this season, this lot (Liverpool) are the worse defensively than any other in the division by a country mile......(err well maybe there is us as well). Here is my line up.......to upset the boys in Red! Excuse the errors & sh*te Spelling....... Any thoughts welcome GK Bearded Boy RB Schulpp CB Wes CB Liam (they have speed...Polak too slow) LB Delat (Simpson no better and slower) RM Mahez CM Drinks CM M James LM knockers (chomping at the bit) CF Leonardo CF Nuggent (scouser will want to really win) My thoughts are youve hit the bottle a little early.
ADK Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 We need to deal with their wide threat. I'd be tempted to play 5-4-1 Hamer De Laet Moore Wasilevski Morgan Schlupp Mahrez Cambiasso Drinkwater Knockeart Ulloa
mugshot Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 We need to deal with their wide threat. I'd be tempted to play 5-4-1 Hamer De Laet Moore Wasilevski Morgan Schlupp Mahrez Cambiasso Drinkwater Knockeart Ulloa Interesting choice, its more defensive and plays towards a scrappy 0-1 win....can throw on Vardy in the second half to use his pace and cause problems if needed.
MrAus Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Hamer Simpson Morgan Wasilewski Schlupp Cambiasso Drinkwater Mahrez Nugent Lawrence Vardy No Skrtel and maybe no Lovren. These need to be put under immense pressure for the whole game, especially with Mignolet in between the sticks. Get at them, get Lawrence in. Can't think of a game he would be more fired up for than against the scousers.
The Year Of The Fox Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Just watched the United game again- Does anyone shed a tear when Vardy slots it home? I do! - God I'm almost a Scouser because of revelling in past glories. At least they were this year though (just) Without doubt the best game I've ever seen in my life. There's the period of time after Cambiasso's equaliser and Vardy's goal where we destroyed Man United passing it around them. I've counted one period where we made 30 odd passes in triangles with them playing piggy in the middle. It wasn't as if we were playing it around at the back either it was all possession in their half, whilst the game was still there for United to win. Then there's the three nutmegs in a row where we're taking the complete and utter p*ss lol I tell you now though, there is simply noway whatsoever that we're as bad as the table and past results make out. No way at all. Re-watch the Man U game and you'll see we just have absolutely zero confidence at the minute. Hopefully that'll change tomorrow and if it has we'll give those scumbags a right run for their money. If we're up to the same confidence level as we were against United then they'll be wanting a minutes silence at their next home game.
cjslcfc Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 What is Lawrence's actual position? Is he a winger? A striker? An attacking midfielder?
MrAus Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 What is Lawrence's actual position? Is he a winger? A striker? An attacking midfielder? From what I've seen of him he plays wide left majority of the time, I say this very lightly but he's similar to a Ronaldo style player, likes to cut in on his right and looks quite pacey.
Danizen Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Just watched the United game again- Does anyone shed a tear when Vardy slots it home? I do! - God I'm almost a Scouser because of revelling in past glories. At least they were this year though (just) Without doubt the best game I've ever seen in my life. There's the period of time after Cambiasso's equaliser and Vardy's goal where we destroyed Man United passing it around them. I've counted one period where we made 30 odd passes in triangles with them playing piggy in the middle. It wasn't as if we were playing it around at the back either it was all possession in their half, whilst the game was still there for United to win. Then there's the three nutmegs in a row where we're taking the complete and utter p*ss lol I tell you now though, there is simply noway whatsoever that we're as bad as the table and past results make out. No way at all. Re-watch the Man U game and you'll see we just have absolutely zero confidence at the minute. Hopefully that'll change tomorrow and if it has we'll give those scumbags a right run for their money. If we're up to the same confidence level as we were against United then they'll be wanting a minutes silence at their next home game. What site did you use? I tried to download it the other day but the website I used tried to give my laptop herpes (thankfully Kaspersky blocked it).
The Year Of The Fox Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 What site did you use? I tried to download it the other day but the website I used tried to give my laptop herpes (thankfully Kaspersky blocked it). I sky + it on the day mate. Sorry I can't be of use!
LCCFox96 Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Hamer Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, Schlupp Knockaert, James, Cambiasso, Mahrez Nugent, Ulloa I'd throw Tom Lawrence on the bench tomorrow as well as tomorrow could be an opportunity for some first team minutes whilst he is still fresh from his positive run in the side up at Rotherham where he seems to have raised a few eyebrows.
Spicer Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Hamer Simpson, Wasilewski, Morgan, Schlupp Knockaert, James, Cambiasso, Mahrez Nugent, Ulloa I'd throw Tom Lawrence on the bench tomorrow as well as tomorrow could be an opportunity for some first team minutes whilst he is still fresh from his positive run in the side up at Rotherham where he seems to have raised a few eyebrows. I would go along with this completely .
biggs Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Just watched the United game again- Does anyone shed a tear when Vardy slots it home? I do! - God I'm almost a Scouser because of revelling in past glories. At least they were this year though (just) Without doubt the best game I've ever seen in my life. There's the period of time after Cambiasso's equaliser and Vardy's goal where we destroyed Man United passing it around them. I've counted one period where we made 30 odd passes in triangles with them playing piggy in the middle. It wasn't as if we were playing it around at the back either it was all possession in their half, whilst the game was still there for United to win. Then there's the three nutmegs in a row where we're taking the complete and utter p*ss lol I tell you now though, there is simply noway whatsoever that we're as bad as the table and past results make out. No way at all. Re-watch the Man U game and you'll see we just have absolutely zero confidence at the minute. Hopefully that'll change tomorrow and if it has we'll give those scumbags a right run for their money. If we're up to the same confidence level as we were against United then they'll be wanting a minutes silence at their next home game. I PVR'd that game and have watched it a few times. Shows what can be accomplished when playing with confidence. There was a belief at that time we could win games even against decent teams. The Spurs game we were unlucky not to get anything from it and we played a good ground passing game. you can see the lack of confidence in the Hull match where we were hoofing the ball up field in the air, hardly being able to string two or three passes together. Some leadership would be huge for this team
deep blue Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 ... Some leadership would be huge for this team Spot on.
Dawko Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Don't believe all of the hype over Sterling and the other Liverpool forwards, they are all lightweights, they may me quick but their final ball or shot is rarely menacing. They are no Suarez and Sturridge and a couple of solid challenges from Was will soon quieten them down. Ulloa has scored more goals than Sterling. The only thing to watch out for are the free kicks because Sterling likes to fall down a lot. Have no fear, Leicester can get at least a point from this game.
mugshot Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Don't believe all of the hype over Sterling and the other Liverpool forwards, they are all lightweights, they may me quick but their final ball or shot is rarely menacing. They are no Suarez and Sturridge and a couple of solid challenges from Was will soon quieten them down. Ulloa has scored more goals than Sterling. The only thing to watch out for are the free kicks because Sterling likes to fall down a lot. Have no fear, Leicester can get at least a point from this game. Still cant get over the fact that he never gets done for simulation for always going down...more importantly how did he not get done for what he did to Fernandez...thats a red given others have had red for softer.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.