benpicko Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Same as before except Drinkwater for Cambiasso (so we have a midfield rather than a moment of class every 10 minutes that goes nowhere, Drinkwater doesn't just left people walk through him either), and Schlupp left back and Knockaert on the wing (Lawrence to come on at some point in the match)
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Ref needs to be strong for this game and keep an eye on Sterling especially as he is bit line Bambi on ice. We have nothing to fear,I thought they were awful at the KP and it was more us handing them the 3 points on the plate. That win will do us good,and I think we can get a point easily.
lestajigs Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Yes but to say we are that weak to put their FA Cup Wimbledon match as harder than against us is a trifle over the top! We are defo the weakest team in the league
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Same as before except Drinkwater for Cambiasso (so we have a midfield rather than a moment of class every 10 minutes that goes nowhere, Drinkwater doesn't just left people walk through him either), and Schlupp left back and Knockaert on the wing (Lawrence to come on at some point in the match) Yeah that Cambiasso is awful,we get steam rolled when plays, you wonder why Pearson picks him. The Hull game for example,we take him off and Hull take charge completely,like I said awful player
benpicko Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Yeah that Cambiasso is awful,we get steam rolled when plays, you wonder why Pearson picks him. The Hull game for example,we take him off and Hull take charge completely,like I said awful player Actually yeah I agree with you, against Spurs he looked great too all match and that's probably why our midfield had such a good 90 minutes... Oh wait, no, Drinkwater was absolutely key in that game in terms of passing, tackling, retrieving possession etc and he played just as well with James as he did last year. We had a thread of people saying that our midfield looked a ton better without Cambiasso but then he comes on next match, shows his individual talent a bit but our midfield looks shit again and he's a starter for everybody again
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Actually yeah I agree with you, against Spurs he looked great too all match and that's probably why our midfield had such a good 90 minutes... Oh wait, no, Drinkwater was absolutely key in that game in terms of passing, tackling, retrieving possession etc and he played just as well with James as he did last year. We had a thread of people saying that our midfield looked a ton better without Cambiasso but then he comes on next match, shows his individual talent a bit but our midfield looks shit again and he's a starter for everybody again Is this the same Danny Drinkwater that was so outstanding against Burnley,Palace,Swansea,Newcastle and then the final straw against Southampton,that he was axed.
benpicko Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Is this the same Danny Drinkwater that was so outstanding against Burnley,Palace,Swansea,Newcastle and then the final straw against Southampton,that he was axed. It's the same Danny Drinkwater that had a fantastic partnership with Matty James in the Championship this last season and who has only played one match with him this season but continued that form and controlled the match, and was then dropped in the next one.
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 It's the same Danny Drinkwater that had a fantastic partnership with Matty James in the Championship this last season and who has only played one match with him this season but continued that form and controlled the match, and was then dropped in the next one. Don't get me wrong I like DD,but I want to get the one back from last season,and if you're implying that he only plays well when James plays that doesn't bode well. You're argument for Cambiasso doesn't stand,he has been our best midfielder this season by a country mile and all this talk we are better off without him,well 3 wins whilst he is in the side tells you different again
benpicko Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Don't get me wrong I like DD,but I want to get the one back from last season,and if you're implying that he only plays well when James plays that doesn't bode well. You're argument for Cambiasso doesn't stand,he has been our best midfielder this season by a country mile and all this talk we are better off without him,well 3 wins whilst he is in the side tells you different again I'm not saying that he only plays well with James I'm saying that he's finally hit form and their partnership was brilliant still and looks as though it's still our best option. And 3 wins yes but 2 of those wins were pretty poor, heart attack inducing performances for the most part and not because we outclassed them
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I'm not saying that he only plays well with James I'm saying that he's finally hit form and their partnership was brilliant still and looks as though it's still our best option. And 3 wins yes but 2 of those wins were pretty poor, heart attack inducing performances for the most part and not because we outclassed them Doesn't matter how they came,all I know is that Cambiasso,Mahrez and Ulloa have been 'consistently' our best players,the others players have been poor,that's why we are linked with left backs,centre halves,midfielders and strikers.
mugshot Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 Doesn't matter how they came,all I know is that Cambiasso,Mahrez and Ulloa have been 'consistently' our best players,the others players have been poor,that's why we are linked with left backs,centre halves,midfielders and strikers. I would go as far as saying that team wise Cambiasso, Mahrez, Ulloa and I would add Wasilewski are our only true Prem quality players at present....but thats only my view.
benpicko Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 Prediction: 2-1 to us, Nugent and Knockaert for ours (Knockaert's from a free kick in the 81st minute)
LCCFox96 Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 I would go as far as saying that team wise Cambiasso, Mahrez, Ulloa and I would add Wasilewski are our only true Prem quality players at present....but thats only my view. I agree and think Wasilewski has been one of our best defenders this season. I wish we signed him when he was 28 though!
dayday Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 I agree and think Wasilewski has been one of our best defenders this season. I wish we signed him when he was 28 though! Yeah I missed him,and even better is that he has been a good boy up to now.
Nick Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 I feel fairly delusional today. There's this weird smattering of hope and optimism which may need beating out of me, admittedly but I'm going for a Leicester win.
kingfox Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 Had the near perfect dream last night. We beat Liverpool 1-0, but Taylor-Fletcher scored the goal.
teblin Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 Blind optimism and the fact we have done OK down the years. I think we will get something today.
lcfcfoz Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 hamer, simpson, wasilewski, morgan, de laet, schlupp, james, cambiasso, mahrez, nugent, ulloa, 3-2 win with vardy getting the winner on as sub
narboroughblue Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 4 5 1 with Vardy up top alone. Best keep the ball and not lump it then.
Benguin Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 I hope we play one of super hyped games, even if it's a defeat I love how we play
blueharmie Posted 1 January 2015 Posted 1 January 2015 Hammond. Wtf? Does Pearson random generate this team. Shocking.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.