Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
StanSP

Liverpool Pre-Match - 01/01/2015

Recommended Posts

Posted

Stoke v Man Utd 12:45

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace 15:00
Hull v Everton 15:00
Liverpool v Leicester 15:00
Man City v Sunderland 15:00
Newcastle v Burnley 15:00
QPR v Swansea 15:00
Southampton v Arsenal 15:00
West Ham v West Brom 15:00
Tottenham v Chelsea 17:30
 
Some tough games for the bottom clubs there in bold, but if we lose and any one of 17th-19th position win, then we'll be back to 6 points adrift again. It's absolutely crucial that we keep up these battling displays and grind out some more points. There is a glimmer of hope that we could be 18th after the liverpool game if we can get something out of the game and others go our way.
Posted

If we get anything at all out of this game you can probably put money on it being Brendan Rogers' last game in charge of them.

Posted

I concur your honour, but let me raise the precedent of Chris Wood to Leicester 01/01/13...

didn't we do somethin weird like sign him on an emergency loan for a week then actually buy him when the window opened afterwards? or did I just dream that.

Posted

Got a feeling we'll have one or two new faces for this...

 

Fairly sure they have to be registered by 5pm the day before - so in the past when we've had the likes of Wood, Hayles, Howard etc. they've actually been emergency loans for their debut to skirt around that rule. I'd expect new faces joining ahead of Newcastle and Villa, not this.

Posted

I'd actually go 3-5-2 for this one. Sterling will kill Morgan and Wasilewski for pace so Moore will be handy. We're lacking left sided players too and they'll also dominate us with their 5 in midfield if we go 442.

 

Hamer

 

Was

Wes

Moore

 

Simpson (or RDL with Simpson RCB)

Schlupp

 

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

 

Vardy

Ulloa

Posted

Draw would be massive result, as big as Hull I'd say. Especially if we could do it with a 94th min equaliser. Clearly a 94th minute winner would be mega but I can't see Liverpool not scoring.

Posted

Fairly sure they have to be registered by 5pm the day before - so in the past when we've had the likes of Wood, Hayles, Howard etc. they've actually been emergency loans for their debut to skirt around that rule. I'd expect new faces joining ahead of Newcastle and Villa, not this.

Ah right, yeah I remember something about that.

Posted

I doubt it because players can only join from 1st Jan so they won't go straight in. Especially if it's a player like Scott Sinclair who has barely even played this year. And I presume there's some registration rules too.

Remember the Chris Wood deal...

Looks like Iv been beaten to it

Posted

We've got a great record there, and I remember for some previous game sitting in the Main Stand there and some old boy in front of me saying '1974, that's the only time I remember beating these b*ggers'.

 

5-0 defeat then.

So we did not beat the 2-1 in 81 taking there home record and us scoring all 3 goals.

Posted

Having stood on the infamous 'Kop' in my younger days,in a season when City were relegated yet won at Anfield (in the cup) I know  how fickle and awkward Scousers can be.

 

If we nick a goal and have the resilience of that 1969 team,on that night, who knows?

Posted

So we did not beat the 2-1 in 81 taking there home record and us scoring all 3 goals.

 

 

We've got a great record there, and I remember for some previous game sitting in the Main Stand there and some old boy in front of me saying '1974, that's the only time I remember beating these b*ggers'.

 

5-0 defeat then.

 

Sorry, meant at Anfield in their main stand. We've won there a fair few times since 81 as well

Posted

 

Stoke v Man Utd 12:45

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace 15:00
Hull v Everton 15:00
Liverpool v Leicester 15:00
Man City v Sunderland 15:00
Newcastle v Burnley 15:00
QPR v Swansea 15:00
Southampton v Arsenal 15:00
West Ham v West Brom 15:00
Tottenham v Chelsea 17:30
 
Some tough games for the bottom clubs there in bold, but if we lose and any one of 17th-19th position win, then we'll be back to 6 points adrift again. It's absolutely crucial that we keep up these battling displays and grind out some more points. There is a glimmer of hope that we could be 18th after the liverpool game if we can get something out of the game and others go our way.

 

 

A big opportunity then.

 

Of the teams anywhere near us, I'd only be tempted to back QPR with actual money to get a result.

 

A draw would build confidence further and chip away at the deficit quite nicely, a win would be incredible. I very much doubt the latter is doable, but the former is given Liverpool's form of late.

Posted

even when we played them a month ago there wasn't much difference between the teams except for the fact they took their chances when it came there way. The confidence we would have got from the win against Hull may be enough for us to get something out of this game, but we have to be at our very best to get anything out of this game

Posted

Skrtel's just been booked v. Swansea. Will miss game against us.

That is brilliant news, a huge loss for Liverpool, Gerrard and Balotelli also one booking away from a ban.

Posted

That is brilliant news, a huge loss for Liverpool, Gerrard and Balotelli also one booking away from a ban.

 

Quite. Unfortunately both are on the bench - and still waiting to come on...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...