StanSP Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Let's start with a bit of a laugh. We have a really good record for first games of the calendar year... 2013-14 - Millwall away - 3-1 win 2012-13 - Huddersfield home - 6-1 win 2011-12 - Crystal Palace away - 2-1 win 2010-11 - Hull away - 1-0 win 2009-10 - Ipswich home - 1-1 draw 2008-09 - Orient home - 3-0 win 2007-08 - QPR away - 3-1 loss 2006-07 - Sunderland home - 2-0 loss 2005-06 - Crystal Palace away - 2-0 loss 2004-05 - QPR home - 1-0 win 6 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw. Same squad that started vs Hull to start on Thursday?
Dan Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Not happening as Konchesky's out. Wouldn't be surprised to see Vardy come in for Ulloa either. We'll be beaten here I think. Can't see Liverpool being as forgiving at Hull were. I fancy goals at both ends though. 4-2 Liverpool.
StanSP Posted 29 December 2014 Author Posted 29 December 2014 Forgot that . Schlupp left-back. Knockaert in for him.
Guest Sharpe's Fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 We have an extra day preparation than these lot so hopefully we can get a result out of it, but games away at Liverpool aren't going to be the ones that define our season.
LCFC1996 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 think we'll scrape a 1-1 draw, Lambert for them, Wasyl for us
Fox92 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 De Laet in for Konchesky at left back. 2-0 Liverpool.
Harry - LCFC Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I think we've got a good chance of a draw. Liverpool are not that good and I'm hoping our scrappy win will inspire another Tottenham-like performance. Optimistic as ever. 1-1.
harpendenfox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 We need to go there believing we can take a point, really believing. We will need to be error free in defence though, something we continue to struggle with. A point would be a real boost
ealingfox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 1-2, Ulloa and Nugent to bag. Same side bar Konch but Id also prefer Drinkwater to James.
kingfox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 4-3-3 for me. Hamer Simpson Morgan Wasilewski Schlupp Cambiasso Drinkwater James Mahrez Ulloa Vardy
cjslcfc Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I'd put an extra body in the middle and aim to break with pace: Hamer Simpson Wasilewski Morgan Schlupp Cambiasso Drinkwater King (if fit - James if not) Mahrez Ulloa Nugent Subs: Smith, Vardy, Moore, Knockaert, James, De Laet, Hammond
st albans fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Need two big performances from jeff and Riyadh as I would expect Nigel to use the cup game to sort out our team for the period they are away. They are probably knackered though as they gave played every game for a while now. knocks and jeff together on one wing is dangerous. I really hope we try the 4-2-3-1 with Hammond and EC holding behind RM, DD and MJ. Vardy or Leo on their own.
KFS Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Got a feeling we'll have one or two new faces for this...
Aus Fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 These sort of games are really bonus points of we pick anything up, having said that we all know Liverpool can slip up at home. Hamer Schluup Morgan Was De Laet Albrighton James Cambiasso Magrez Nugent Ulloa Vardy, Smith, Moore, Drinkwater, Kockaert, Wood, Hammond Sneak a 1 all draw, Cambiasso for us, Stirling for them.
StanSP Posted 29 December 2014 Author Posted 29 December 2014 Got a feeling we'll have one or two new faces for this... I doubt it because players can only join from 1st Jan so they won't go straight in. Especially if it's a player like Scott Sinclair who has barely even played this year. And I presume there's some registration rules too.
Poznan34 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Get them on the counter 0-1 (Vardy). :xmassmile:
Raj Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Got a feeling we'll have one or two new faces for this...doubt it.1-1 will do...Scouse bastards!!!
Dr The Singh Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I hope sterling gets a red card today, and miss our match. Without him, they are abit toothless!!
RizLCFC Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 4-3-3: Hamer Simpson Wasyl Morgan Schlupp Drinkwater James Cambiasso Mahrez Ulloa Nugent
KFS Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I doubt it because players can only join from 1st Jan so they won't go straight in. Especially if it's a player like Scott Sinclair who has barely even played this year. And I presume there's some registration rules too. I concur your honour, but let me raise the precedent of Chris Wood to Leicester 01/01/13...
Monsell1976 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Not expected to win here, would be a good result if we got a draw.
StanSP Posted 29 December 2014 Author Posted 29 December 2014 I concur your honour, but let me raise the precedent of Chris Wood to Leicester 01/01/13... You raise a good point. Noted.
eastendfox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 We've got a great record there, and I remember for some previous game sitting in the Main Stand there and some old boy in front of me saying '1974, that's the only time I remember beating these b*ggers'. 5-0 defeat then.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.