Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

AFCON

I do love the afcon, he quality of goalkeeping in particular is hilarious, but god knows how this is still going ahead - morocco (original hosts) called for it to be postponed due to Ebola, they got kicked out as a result, it got offered round loads of countries and rejected until guinea took it up - makes Qatar 2022 look farce free.

I do love the afcon, he quality of goalkeeping in particular is hilarious, but god knows how this is still going ahead - morocco (original hosts) called for it to be postponed due to Ebola, they got kicked out as a result, it got offered round loads of countries and rejected until guinea took it up - makes Qatar 2022 look farce free.

When does it actually start??

Total side note shock horror Albrightons playing well.

the final Ghana squad is named on the 7th

Pretty sure he'll make the squad. Not so sure about his chances of getting much playing time. Mahrez should hopefully feature more than he did in the World Cup.

EDIT: Actually he may get game time, some absloutley baffling ommisions from the Ghanian squad

To be honest it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't start every match. At least he might come back refreshed. Last thing we need is him playing 6 games and some extra time and being knackered.

To be honest it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't start every match. At least he might come back refreshed. Last thing we need is him playing 6 games and some extra time and being knackered.

It's tournament experience that is invaluable to a players pedigree, I might not help us much but it might help him.

Without this, dickhead,..There wouldnt have been the improvement of skills and performances seen over the last 25 years from these players, who have gave us great moments around the top leagues in the World.

Today The AFCON is as good as our International European championship.

Some great players have adhorned our PL and have been great successes coming from the AFCON nations.

Now Dont ask!! Just do some homework.

lol...... Well hello Mr Africa can you make your cup every 4 years please and in the summer! And I'm all for 3rd world development lol

Asian Cup participants

Aston Villa: Chris Herd (Australia); 

Crystal Palace: Mile Jedinak (Australia);

Southampton: Maya Yoshida (Japan); 

Swansea: Ki Sung-yueng (Korean Republic); 

West Bromwich Albion: Jason Davidson (Australia).

African Cup of Nations Participants

Crystal Palace: Yannick Bolasie (DR Congo), Adlene Guediora (Algeria); 

Everton:Christian Atsu (Ghana); 

Hull City: Mo Diame (Senegal); 

Leicester City: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana); 

Liverpool: Kolo Toure (Ivory Coast); 

Man City: Yaya Toure (Ivory Coast); 

Newcastle United: Mehdi Abeid (Algeria), Papiss Cisse (Senegal), Cheick Tiote (Ivory Coast); 

Southampton: Sadio Mane (Senegal), Emmanuel Mayuka (Zambia); 

Stoke City: Mame Biram Diouf (Senegal); 

Swansea City: Wilfried Bony (Ivory Coast);

Tottenham Hotspur: Nabil Bentaleb (Algeria); 

West Brom: Youssouf Mulumbu (DR Congo); 

West Ham: Cheikhou Kouyate, Diafra Sakho (both Senegal).

lol...... Well hello Mr Africa can you make your cup every 4 years please and in the summer! And I'm all for 3rd world development lol

And if not, would you be happy to lose all this talent away from all european teams Leagues.

BY N BY, there is no such thing as the 3rd world.

My cup or cups are FA, Europeanchampionship, and World cup.

Worked and lived in Africa, but has my ancestory is Norman-Saxon no connections whatsoever with the lands of Human origin. SO I wouldnt and cant qualify for title Mr Africa.

Even if I had relations at Rorke's Drift, or Stanley Bakers/Michael Caine lookalikes.

don't get that in work :(

wasn't it on bbc3 last time? 

It's been on the beeb in the past, think they had Mark Bright in for the co-commentary.

Didn't realise that Ghana and Algeria were in the same group along with Senegal and South Africa.

So not only will Jeff potentially be facing Riyad but there's also a good chance that one of them might be back early.

Guest MattP

When are FIFA actually going to do something about this?

Aside from the fact the quality is so bad it's offensive why do they hold it every two years? South America was asked to come into line, why not Africa?

Surely the it's too hot in the summer argument is also now redundant given they gave a World Cup to Qatar?

It's intolerable when we have to lose key players to this.

Archived