Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

First ever time flying on Monday and to make it worse it’s on my own lol 

Really nervous as I keep thinking I’ll forget something or won’t bring the correct stuff to get on the plane :blush:lol 

Trying to read tips on the internet and I think as long as I take my passport and have the flight reference on my phone I’ll be okay...

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

First ever time flying on Monday and to make it worse it’s on my own lol 

Really nervous as I keep thinking I’ll forget something or won’t bring the correct stuff to get on the plane :blush:lol 

Trying to read tips on the internet and I think as long as I take my passport and have the flight reference on my phone I’ll be okay...

Where are you flying to? 

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Enjoy it, pal. 

I think most people are over cool with flying and lose the wonder. 

I'm still buzzed every time I fly. Thrilling stuff along the runway and then - as I'm a bit of a geography geek - I enjoy watching out the window over coastline, mountains and cities

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Menorca, meeting family over there for a weeks holiday.

Nice, you will be alright. Arrive a few hours early if you are worried so you can just chill out when you get there. Print/ download your boarding pass and you will be fine.

Security is a pain in the arse and you won’t be able to take liquids bigger than 100ml in your hand luggage otherwise you will have to throw them away so bear that in mind. You will need to put all of them in a small clear plastic bag but you get them when you are there.

If you are worried about the actual flight download a film or two, make sure your music is downloaded and you will be fine.

Enjoy.

The actual flying I’m not fussed about at all. It’s more the thinking have I got the correct stuff to get on the plane.

I tried checking in online to make it easier but apparently I have to check in at the airport. I assume you just give them the flight reference number and your name/passport and they’ll give you the boarding pass at the gate and then that’s when you go to security. Here’s hoping :) 

58 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

The actual flying I’m not fussed about at all. It’s more the thinking have I got the correct stuff to get on the plane.

I tried checking in online to make it easier but apparently I have to check in at the airport. I assume you just give them the flight reference number and your name/passport and they’ll give you the boarding pass at the gate and then that’s when you go to security. Here’s hoping :) 

Yeah, hand over your passport and then they print it.

10 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Are you checking in a big suitcase, or just taking hand luggage into the cabin with you? 

2 hours ago, ousefox said:

Who with as you might need to check in online?

Jet2. I want to check in online but when I go to check in online it states all passengers must check in at the airport. Don’t know why but that’s what it says... so I’ll just check in and hopefully get my boarding pass

14 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Jet2. I want to check in online but when I go to check in online it states all passengers must check in at the airport. Don’t know why but that’s what it says... so I’ll just check in and hopefully get my boarding pass

That seems unusual but I haven't flown with them for a year or so. Should be fine if that's what it says!

5 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

That's odd, Jet2 definitely let you check in online as long as it's 28 days or fewer before you fly. Have you tried through the app? It seems a shame to have to queue with everyone checking in luggage when you don't have to 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Wow that looks pretty horrific, thankfully im not flying to Cairo, i fly from Birmingham to Hurgharda. 

Didnt like reading the part

The UK Foreign Office on Friday updated its advice for Britons travelling to Egypt.

The advice includes the warning: "There's a heightened risk of terrorism against aviation. Additional security measures are in place for flights departing from Egypt to the UK."

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's odd, Jet2 definitely let you check in online as long as it's 28 days or fewer before you fly. Have you tried through the app? It seems a shame to have to queue with everyone checking in luggage when you don't have to 

I’ve rang them and confirmed. It’s because all normal seats have been reserved 

On 20/07/2019 at 20:40, Suzie the Fox said:

I fly from Birmingham to Hurgharda. 

Went to Hurghada in February. Stayed in an all inclusive, didn't venture out of the resort as it had everything I needed. Really enjoyed it. Staff very attentive. Hope you have a good time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Looking at a Driving holiday throughout New Zealand... but geebus, enough with the "Lord of the Rings crap" people!

These do some great motorhome deals, mate, and they have a sale on atm.